It's happening again

Honestly, I applaud the waitress, "Drinking, and Driving, has been deemed illegal since, uhm let me see, like over ten years now, so why blame the person who served the beverage, I personally believe that ANYONE, who gets behind the wheel of a vehicle impaired, should have the cops called. If they choose to drive drunk, then they have chosen to risk their lives, and the lives of innocent people, our friends, and family, and yes I have lost both to drunk drivers,and seen some horrific crashes, due to drunk drivers,
  Ok, look at it this way, let’s see who is the stupid’r of the two really might be, “Who is more stupid, the guy who hits the woman, or the woman who let’s a guy hit her”,(with today’s laws), and, “Who is more stupid, the waitress, for calling the cops on a person driving drunk, or the person who drives drunk”,(with today’s laws)

i dont think anyone gets the point here…

calling the police… is a great idea. retard drunks deserve to be thrown in jail… but the idiot drunk is still going to get into his car. and drive all the way home before the cops actually get to him… how many high speed chases actually happen here?

giving the idiot drunk the option of having a cab called for him. which he might be too intoxicated to think of on his own… that sounds like a MUCH better option.
because you wont get the cops chasing him… he will get a knock at the door the next morning.

come on people do ANY of you know ANYTHING about the situation at hand in the first place or are you just spouting off?
the waitress should have offered a cab instead of watching the person get drunk out of his tree and taking his money all night…  and then calling the cops when he was too retarded to leave in a cab or call someone for a ride.

if you were at a party with some friends and you got wasted wouldnt your friends take your keys away and call you a cab home? more than likely…
similar things happen in bars. the bars are responsible for the client untill he or she gets home
that doesnt mean calling the cops right away without any other option for anything else. the waitress should be perceptive to her customers needs. this is CUSTOMER SERVICE we are talking about here.
and dont give me that “consumer responsibility” bullshit.
you drink in a bar. the bar is responsible for you… point blank. they sold you the booze…

I’m not sure you get it. Why is it people beleive their responsibility for their actions ends with the consumption of alcohol. We all make chocies and in the end we become responsible for those choices/actions.
A patron makes a choice to go to a bar and I do not ever remember seeing a waiter/waitress holding a patron down forcing booze down their throats. So ordering and drinking would be their choice. In doing so they certainly should understand that they are imparing themselves. Jumping in your vehicle knowing you are impared is your choice, actually trying to drive is again your choice. See the pattern. Your choice your responsibility.

Why is it today that no one takes responsibility for their actions. Our society protects people from their own stupidity. You did it you should pay.

again my point is not taken correctly… :unamused:

i give up
you computer geeks are fricken lame lately

I understand your point, i just completley disagree with it.

Adding alcohol to any situation does not remove ones responsibilities. How much hand holding and coddling do expect people to have to do? It’s been fairly common knowledge that drinking and driving is unacceptable in todays society. It’s not something that just starts and stops for what ever reason. DD’s start off sober and know the rules, making exscuses for them is completly inappropriate.

Your theory could be taken one step further, the waitress should go into a long list of potential laws the drunk may break. “no driving, no public consumption, no store robbery, no wife/husband beating, no urinating in public, etc etc etc… all while your under the influence sir/madam”. Maybe by the time their done the speach the patron will be sober and everything will be fine.

I would love to see you work in a bar and have you held responsible for all the drunks.  Just one night!  It is impossible to keep your eye on everyone.  How where you raised???  Sounds like you you blame everybody else for your mistakes, take no responsiblity for your actions, you are the way you are because of what happened to you when you where like 5 years old etc.  etc.  Your way of thinking is what is wrong with people now a days!!!  Unless perhaps you are only 12 then I understand.

Bubba doesn’t believe in working … she just wants to sponge off her parents. :sunglasses:

Licenced establishments have a “duty of care”.  If I drink in thier bar,  then drive home, and hit some one,  they are liable

"What was the Steveston Hotel case?
On June 12, 1999, Harry Thomas McWilliams left the Steveston Hotel’s Third Avenue Pub with tragic results. The facts of the case indicate McWilliams was “grossly intoxicated,” yet was permitted to consume alcohol while in the bar, and drove home in his own vehicle despite his condition. On the way home, he drove into a crowd of youths gathered in the street, injuring five people. One victim’s head crashed through the car windshield. Another victim is brain damaged and needs permanent professional care. Just 24 years old, he is unlikely to ever be capable of working again.

While damages have not yet been determined, the hotel will likely owe millions to the accident victims. It has also been suggested that the driver may not have adequate funds to pay his portion of the damages, which means the hotel may have to pay closer to 100 per cent of the money awarded.

A pivotal fact of the case impacting the allocation of blame is that an acquaintance of Harry McWilliams was in the pub and recognized his impairment. Robyn Strang asked other patrons and the bar staff for help in finding him a safe ride home. When she could not secure a ride for him, McWilliams left the establishment driving his own car. It is here that the Steveston Hotel staff were legally obligated to intervene. They did not.

Why was the Steveston Hotel at fault?
The hotel’s liability was based on several infractions of the BC Liquor Control and Licensing Act and Occupier’s Liability Act. Each Act states specific requirements for safe operations of a commercial establishment serving alcohol.

The Occupier’s Liability Act indicates that it is the responsibility of licensees to protect patrons (and third parties) from harm that may be associated with the activity of consuming alcohol. This “duty of care” means a host establishment must act to maintain the physical safety of patrons and employees. These obligations include refusing entry to intoxicated people and removing intoxicated people from the premises responsibly.

An important consideration is that “duty of care” also extends off-premises. Pub employees must not permit patrons to leave their establishment in a manner that is likely to result in foreseeable injury to themselves or others; namely, while intoxicated. In other words, commercial providers of alcohol have a duty of care to see that intoxicated patrons get home safely.

Therefore, Steveston Hotel staff were legally required to intervene when Harry McWilliams attempted to drive home. Staff had been notified explicitly that he was intoxicated and that he did not have plans to get home safely. However, testimony proved that the pub left it to Robyn Strang, an acquaintance of McWilliams, to try to find him a ride, when it was, in fact, the hotel’s legal responsibility to do so.

Permitting McWilliams to drive away from the pub in his condition resulted in foreseeable damage that could have been avoided. By allowing him to get behind the wheel, the hotel breached its duty of care. This act signified negligence and was the cause for judgment."

You’re one of the fools that would blame Columbine on K-Mart I bet…

The bottom line is that at the end of the day, you are responsible for yourself. Yes, the waitress could have offered the person a cab… but realistically if he was prepared to get in his car, it is unlikely he would have hopped into a cab if it was offered.

Waitstaff and bartenders aren’t babysitters… babysitters are babysitters. The waitstaff and tenders are paid to serve food and alcohol… not to force drunks into cabs.

Whoever you’re defending bubbasteve, don’t bother. The fool should have put down the bottle much earlier or arranged a ride home before going to the bar. THAT is the situation “point blank”.

As for the duty of care that others have mentioned, duty of care is met as soon as the staff member takes any reasonable measure to dissolve the situation… anything from sending the drunkie home with a friend, to calling a cab, or in this situation calling the cops. The only time any staff member would be held liable is if negligence could be proved… which in this particular case would not be possible, as the staff member fulfilled their duty of care by calling the RCMP.

the guy still got into his car and drove away did he not?

he didnt wait for the cops… im sure he didnt even realise the cops were being called in the first place…
he probly made it all the way home before he even saw any sign of a cop car.
therefore he still drove drunk and the watiresses duty of care was not fufilled.

Man …where did you come from?..
I cant believe you are still arguing.
Shut up and drop it.

Logic and reason seem beyond you. You’d make a great 3 year old… everything is everyone’s fault but your own.

[quote=“eccentric”]
Logic and reason seem beyond you. You’d make a great 3 year old… everything is everyone’s fault but your own.[/quote]

Plus as soon as you prove bubbasteve is wrong he/she just changes direction and continues on the journey of making no sense and no logic. At first it was amusing but now it’s just pathetic.

Hes worse than MCSASH…Oh…wait …Iam mcsash…and yes hes worse than me.

BAD KARMA THE BUBBA BOY

:unamused: bubba is a she not a he

Well that explains alot…seems like you could be living under my roof…with the stubborness,
pigheadedness, repetitive nature, argumentative and last but not least…NEVER wrong.
I will check history on the desktop.

lol so stereotypical to blame it on me being a woman.  :unamused:
i thought i was wrong once… but i was mistaken.

i thought you were wrong almost everytime…
but you corrected me…i hope you have a stellar job

And I  think you’re a Fairey 

I don’t know anything about a ban. I’ve never stopped going since I am not at risk. Besides Solly’s is right at a bus stop.