It's happening again

Are you for fucking real?..Yeah sounds like you would love the idea of some girl trying to wrestle your keys away just the personal gratification.
Let us know what BAr you drink at so we can call in your hammered ass to the cops.

I cant believe this topic, I realize the point that person is trying to make “The waitress should have told him to take a cab” Can you say she didn’t? And is that really the point? What I see is a person who saw a crime in progress, reported it and perhaps saved a life.

It is not the responsibility of the bar staff to be responsible for the patron. The bartenders are required by law to cut someone off when they become too drunk, but it is NOT illegal in any way to serve alcohol to an intoxicated person… the tenders don’t carry breathalizers people.

What do you expect the staff to do? Pat the guy down and take away his keys? Syphon the gas out of his tank before he gets to it? Pop his tires? Shoot him in the back with a tranquilizer dart?

And your point about calling the police being a last resort is duly noted. They should only be called in a last resort, in a state of emergency. But–how do you define last resort? It seems to me that your definition of ‘last resort’ must include someone lying dead in the middle of a crosswalk. MY definition of ‘last resort’ is someone piss drunk getting into the driver’s seat of a car.

The bottom line is, as has been stated, consumer responsibility. In the end, if you run someone down in your car while drunk, you’ll most likely get charged with manslaughter, and only in extreme circumstance will any charges of any kind ever be laid against the establishment who sold you the alcohol.

Oh. Oh. I know - let’s TASER potential drunk drivers!

I get the joke, and it really isn’t funny or necessary.

[quote=“eccentric”]
I get the joke, and it really isn’t funny or necessary. [/quote]

Ah…I feel such a warm glow of acceptance. I must be a real HTMF’r if I am offending other posters.

It’s not like it was aimed at you eccentric. After all, on the issue of drinking and driving it would appear that we are on the same side.

Hey that is the best idea I have read here yet.  Count me in! :smile:

Are you a mountie or married to one?

Yes a new provision under the BC motor vehivle act…" suspects of impaired driving will get tasered immedialty

I have no relation to any RCMP officers, but I do know one.

We piss on them when they use their training and something goes wrong, and we piss on them for seemingly doing nothing… like all the dudly do nothing threads.

Scratch my comment about the thing not being funny–it was… I just took it the wrong way.

[quote=“eccentric”]
We piss on them when they use their training and something goes wrong, and we piss on them for seemingly doing nothing… like all the dudly do nothing threads. [/quote]

I wonder if people would be more likely to appreciate our RCMP if we all KNEW that “good cops” would be valued and “bad cops” would be punished.

I would - tentatively - say that a large part of our criticism and cynicism about the RCMP is due to the PERCEPTION of the close-ranks-and-protect-our-own attitude.

I appreciate that when something goes wrong in law enforcement, it tends to go very wrong, very quickly. But it seems certain that the fact that they investigate themselves when something goes wrong does little to reinforce our confidence in justice being served inside and out.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]
kind of my point when you think of it for a second  :unamused:[/quote]

I love people like you who change direction when proven wrong and then act like that was where you were going all along.

You said quite certainly that a waitress would lose her serving it right ticket if she called the cops on an intoxicated patron. That’s clearly not true.

I think Steve mighta had too many bubba of beers…

did it even say anything in there about calling the cops?  :unamused:

Seems a server was fired recently at Solly’s for said offense.

As speculated, in both incidents patrons weren’t offered a taxi or questioned about their ability to drive.

While drinking and driving is obviously the wrong choice, I wonder how many will get a ride from someone who’s had as much to drink as they have?

So Saggy …
I guess the ban has been lifted at sollys for the time been eh?  Need to be careful as to where there are bans…cause soon you are limited.

are people that much of alcoholics that they cant find a designated driver?  :confused:

:confused: I am  failing to understand the correlation between being an alcoholic and finding a designated driver. 

PS. I find it highly unlikely that an alcoholic would frequent pubs/bars as they are somewhat cost prohibitive.

This is just a shot in the dark but if DUI is such a problem there why not extend the bus hours/routes on weekends.  Send a single bus around town passing all of the bars until 2am.  Surely this can be done for less then 3-4k/Month.

The ridiculous pricing of cabs in prince rupert doesn’t really help the situation either but I digress.

This is just a shot in the dark but if DUI is such a problem there why not extend the bus hours/routes on weekends.  Send a single bus around town passing all of the bars until 2am.  Surely this can be done for less then 3-4k/Month.

The ridiculous pricing of cabs in prince rupert doesn’t really help the situation either but I digress.

Good point, still going to be the “I am not drunk” drunks driving.  You know the type, the almighty gods!!!

i dont find cab prices here to be all that bad…
its what 12 bucks to go from one end of town to the other… thats not bad at all really.
ive traveled less of a distance in a cab for twelve bucks in prince george.

Oh English major…Oh English major.
The less of a distance was from the pen to the generator?  For twelve dollars?
Your a bargain cab hunter.