Is there too much beef in your beef?

Then go to taco bell… less than 35% beef in their ‘beef mixture’… mmmm

bit.ly/fRzI0T

[quote=“jesus”]Then go to taco bell… less than 35% beef in their ‘beef mixture’… mmmm

bit.ly/fRzI0T[/quote]

Where’s the beef? :smile:

Reading the ingredients at the end makes it sound healthier for you, than if it was 100% beef. lol

I dont know about that. besides the ‘beef’ isnt necessarily meat… just some part of a cow

Can you or someone else post the source URL? These URL-shortening services are crap. There are alot easier ways to shorten an URL. [size=200]HTMF[/size] . These URL shortening sites are actually designed to allow the poster of the URL to track the people that click on their bit.ly made link; and of course the service site eg. bit.ly. Use this crap on twitter.

If you’re so worried about being tracked, then why don’t you have a problem with us being tracked on HTMF? We are… If it’s such an issue, use a proxy browser.

BTW for those interested, the code to shorten a url and make the text clickable is.

I used this to increase the font size, bold the font, and underline it.

Why should I give a strange poster on this site my IP address and any other info? Why doesn’t the poster just post the source site or use the code I posted to shorten the URL? Why would I support a tracking site by using a proxy? Just post the source thank-you :smile:

[quote=“Dex”]

Why should I give a strange poster on this site my IP address and any other info? Why doesn’t the poster just post the source site or use the code I posted to shorten the URL? Why would I support a tracking site by using a proxy? Just post the source thank-you :smile:[/quote]

You do realize that when you post, your IP is tracked here? So what is the difference.

PS, Jesus is an awesome guy, not the mythical one, but the one in this forum

[quote=“Dex”]BTW for those interested, the code to shorten a url and make the text clickable is.

I used this to increase the font size, bold the font, and underline it.

Not to interrupt your paranoid delusions that someone cares what your IP is but the reason I use the shortening service is because I have an extension that creates one for me then I can just paste the link. I assure you I do not care what your IP is nor how many people view the link. It was meant to be informative.

What you posted above is more work. Whiner.

So why doesn’t htmf publish all IP and tracking info of all its members publicly? You wouldn’t mind would you? What is the difference?

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

PS, Jesus is an awesome guy, not the mythical one, but the one in this forum[/quote]

This is not about Jesus

I think from now on, I’ll just post all the private browsing details of Bubbasteve :smile:

Dex, I agree with you that we don’t need to use shorteners if we don’t have to. I do it all the time, though, but it’s mainly from twitter.

phpbb is actually pretty good about not even needing short URLS. Check it out, for example:

saucypam.com/2011/01/miguels-rice/

See? Didn’t need a short URL.

Or even google.ca/search?client=safa … sAPdytDfCg – see how it shortens the URL for you? No need to type in any code at all.

LOL!!!, jesus thinks I have paranoid delusions! Don’t take it personally jesus its not about you. Others intentions may not be as peaceful as yours. I see no reason for URL shorteners unless the URL is very very long, in which case the built in url shortening tools in BBCode/HTML are there. Why should I have to click a link so I can be redirected to another? And if I was using a proxy the transaction would be ridiculously complex. Furthermore many of these URL-shortening services, such as bit.ly, do not ensure their databases are preserved (escrow) if something happens to the company like bankruptcy; in which case if we wanted to reference a post with a bit.ly link made on HTMF, for example, the link would be broken. Just give the source link so I can make a direct connection to your reference link.

[quote=“jesus”]
What you posted above is more work. Whiner.[/quote]

LOL, jesus calling me a whiner, I am honoured. Try bbcode Xtra addon for firefox. Go to bbcode clipboard menu and click Url with name. you are prompted for a name and the code is pasted. And since Url shortening is so important to you, you can even make shorter Url’s with bbcode. Just type"M" for a link. One character URL, cant get shorter than that can you. Bit.ly can’t do that!!!

You don’t need any plugins or know any BBcode to use a long URL on HTMF.

Here’s an example (click it, it works!)

hugeurl.com/?Y2NmYjE0YTI2ODVjYjN … xFOVBRPT0=

See how long that is? About 2000 characters? Something like that. PHPBB automagically shortens it.

If you can copy and paste, you can just paste the URLs in here.

Short and easy enough for me. :smile:

All this talk about the link and none about the fact fast food joints appear to only be required to have 35% beef parts in their food in order to claim they are serving you beef…

Dex, are you sure you are not part of the taco bell board? you’ve done a pretty good job of detracting from the issue.

[quote=“jesus”]All this talk about the link and none about the fact fast food joints appear to only be required to have 35% beef parts in their food in order to claim they are serving you beef…

Dex, are you sure you are not part of the taco bell board? you’ve done a pretty good job of detracting from the issue.[/quote]

I do not know what the issue, you speak of, is. Still waiting for a link to the source URL.

Oh for hell’s sake!

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110125/bc_taco_bell_beef_110125/20110125?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

I just don’t really understand what the big deal is, you’re being tracked at HTMF. Mig has all of our IP addresses. What is the big deal? Do they publish your IP address or something? Don’t most sites know what your IP address is? Doesn’t Google track your likes and dislikes?

Didn’t we have a discussion about privacy issues when the google ads first came onto this site? I said I didn’t like the fact that they knew what I searched for, and Mig said it was normal, and basically I had to suck it up and deal with it? What exactly is the difference between the two things? I’m not trying to argue with any of you, I just honestly don’t understand what the difference is.

Bubba can you tell me how you can visit a site without giving them an IP address?

That’s how the Internet works. Otherwise, there would be no way to send the website from the server to your computer. It wouldn’t know where to send it if it didn’t know your address.

Can you give me an example of a website that doesn’t need to know an IP address to send you data, bubba?

[quote=“MiG”]Bubba can you tell me how you can visit a site without giving them an IP address?

That’s how the Internet works. Otherwise, there would be no way to send the website from the server to your computer. It wouldn’t know where to send it if it didn’t know your address.

Can you give me an example of a website that doesn’t need to know an IP address to send you data, bubba?[/quote]

That’s why i don’t understand what Dex is complaining about. So you click a link and it traces your IP, They all do. That’s what I came to understand anyways.

So knowing that we can’t stop sites from tracking us. What the hell is Dex’s problem? He won’t click a link that someone on THIS site has given him, because his IP address gets tracked, but it’s okay for him to surf the web, to post on HTMF and numerous other sites that “strange people he doesn’t know” runs and owns.

It makes no sense.
He’s contradicting himself it seems. If you can’t help being tracked then why does it matter who tracks you?