Iran protesters take to streets in 'mourning' march

Ron Paul also claimed 9/11 was an inside job, but then later changed his mind.

Your ‘proof’ for your view is Ron Paul says so?  And because he’s been right about things in the past, then he must be right about this?

That’s what’s known as a logical fallacy: 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

Well, would you also accept that kind of evidence to the contrary?  ie:  If I found you a source that has been right about something in the past that now says that the Iranian election was fraudulent, would you accept that as proof that the Iranian election was fraudulent?

Do you have a different standard for others opinions than you have for your own?

The burden of proof is on the people who are crying foul. I have seen nothing to convince me yet. Based on past events and current realities I do believe we should view with a critical eye; I tried to express that. This is another country’s democratic process, I think before we cry foul we should at least come up with with some tangible proof and not be spoon fed by the media, IMO.

“We find too many 7s and not enough 5s in the last digit” 

“As a point of comparison, we can analyze the state-by-state vote counts for John McCain and Barack Obama in last year’s U.S. presidential election. The frequencies of last digits in these election returns never rise above 14 percent or fall below 6 percent, a pattern we would expect to see in seventy out of a hundred fair elections.”

“But that’s not all. Psychologists have also found that humans have trouble generating non-adjacent digits (such as 64 or 17, as opposed to 23) as frequently as one would expect in a sequence of random numbers.”

LOL Really?

Maybe you have misinterpreted me. Try reading my posts again.

[quote=“Dex”]
LOL Really?[/quote]

Yes really.  You don’t think the analysis is correct?  Why not?  Other than LOL Really?  You don’t accept that the frequencies claimed are accurate?  Or something else?  What exactly is wrong about what is stated there?

Maybe I am misreading your posts.  What exactly are you claiming?  That the CIA is engineering a coup in Iran?  Just for clarity’s sake, can you just say that’s what you think is happening (for all the reasons you’ve stated, especially the use of the Euro).

While I go look for that wash cloth for the egg you say is on my suit, lets exchange some links ok…

factcheck.org/elections-2008/wrong_paul.html

blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/200 … s_to_be_up

dailykos.com/story/2007/8/16/153755/091

politico.com/news/stories/0309/20010.html

Now where is my egg repellant jacket anyways…

ROFLMAO, You’ve have been fooled.

He is a very educated man in the matters of economics and I used him to “support” my view. He predicted the fall of the economy and gave the reasons; he was right. Maybe you should read the post because it appears you haven’t.  I encourage you to read the link.

Give us a show lets see what you have and we will take it from there. I doubt we will ever have any real evidence of election fraud, the government is not going to give it up.

No

Tell me, would you accuse a student of cheating based on these “statistics”?

I think its likely that the CIA is instrumental in creating civil disobedience. Do I have evidence now? No, but there is “Prior Art”. But, AGAIN, I think we should be critical of what we read in the media for reasons I have stated above.

Its kind of bad adequate to post so many links without describing the point of each one. One link or maybe two, OK, but could you please describe what each of these links are supposed to tell me before I read them?

You asked about conspiracy hats, the theme will be apparent.  Read em if you want, or not.

At any rate, I clearly will not change your opinion of Mr. Paul, nor do I try. Simply I reinforce my original post which was to the point of suggesting that you need a bit more on your side than just the efforts of Ron Paul.

Whether you bother to seek out more reliable and relevant positions is totally up to you.

Simply, quoting Ron Paul isn’t doing much for me in swaying me that all of the events in Iran are being motivated by external forces, though interestingly enough you are quoting the latest talking points of the Iranian Foreign office, so hey, they see things your way, though I’m not sure I’d want to be on their side of the argument this time around.

As far as monetary policy and monetary matters are concerned, which was the point of my link, I think Dr. Paul’s word on these matters, especially considering he is a Congressman on the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade, and the Joint Economic Committee, makes him much more credible in monetary matters.
If I had a nickle everytime I heard that Dr. Paul said this terrible thing or Dr. Paul did that terrible thing… Always seems to be a twist her or a twist there. His credentials certainly stand up farther than his detractors. And hey!! He was right about the economy wasn’t he. Plus you didn’t read the whole link did you?

LOL! I made a post on what I believe is happening and I used a link of Ron Paul to support some of my points and educate some about money. Anyone is welcome to challenge it and I will do my best to debate it. Or just not believe what I say, that is fine. Lets hope it inspires thought though. I will very likely add more as time goes by though.

I didn’t quote Ron Paul. I used his paper to support some of my points. It is also a good link about money. You didn’t read the whole link did you?  :smiley:

[quote=“Dex”]
Tell me, would you accuse a student of cheating based on these “statistics”? [/quote]

You’re ducking the question.  What is wrong with the analysis?  Seems competent to me.  If you have a large random number set, then the final number should be consistent – ie: near 10% (give or take).

Try not ducking the question and actually telling us what you see wrong with the article.

Great, just what I thought you were saying.  And like I said, you dismiss others’ evidence, but have no problem having your theory without any evidence.

I’m also critical of what I read on the internet, including HTMF. 

I have two friends in Tehran, both of which have e-mailed me directly.  No media filter.  I take their word when they say that there was 100% voter turnout in some provinces.  And these provinces voted less than 5% for Ahmadinejad last time, and now they vote for him in large majorities?  This includes provinces that are home to Iran’s minorities, who have never voted for conservative candidates (if you can use history to determine the present, so can I).  How about the fact that every province voted for Ahmadinejad with roughly 70% of the vote.  This has never happened before.  Again, history.

Anyway, I do think you’re asking us to believe your view without evidence (well, you keep bringing up history), but you’re not willing to believe any other view without evidence (well, there is history).

You dismiss evidence without really telling us what’s wrong with it, instead move on to something else.

Well it is circumstantial at best and the funny thing about probabilities is, shit does happen! Like for example. If we go to the 2008 Presidential election results with MCcain/Obama and count the number of sevens and eights of the results on the second row in. I count 11 7’s for Obama and 11 7’s for McCainand 2 8’s for Obama and 3 8’s for McCain. 21% 7’s and 5% 8’s AHAAAA!!!  :smile:  Really, what does that mean? Maybe nothing it has been years since I have had the pleasure of Statistical Analysis. Then we could debate sampling maybe.
The odds were astronomical that the NDP (Bob Rae) would get a majority in Ontario. Nobody saw that coming. :smile:

I am always up to the challenge :smile:  Tell me, would you accuse a student of cheating based on this model?

LOL!! No, I dismiss the evidence not people’s opinion. At least I try not to. I will at times challenge people’s opinion though. I always keep my mind open. I certainly do not have a problem being challenged on my opinion or any evidence I bring forward. I enjoy it.

Times have changed since the last election. Ahmadinejad has stood up to Israel successfully (by their standards). He has stood up to the US . He has brought their nuclear energy program forward and debated the international community refusing to give up Iran’s right to nuclear energy. He was there when Iran opened up their Bourse which will likely be competing with the Newyork and London exchanges. The US military is occupying two countries on either side of their border. They are under constant threat of being bombed by Israel and the United States. They have sanctions imposed on them because they refuse to give up their right to nuclear energy. If that isn’t enough foreign interference already… The guy is a fruitloop IMO, and some of his antics have likely caused Iran more trouble than necessary and of course he’s likely a puppet of the Supreme…

I am not asking anything. Your taking this to personally. I am sure this subject will be ongoing and I look forward to bringing more to the table to support my opinion and I look forward to debating contributions from others. 

Which evidence haven’t I responded to?

[quote=“Dex”]
Well it is circumstantial at best and the funny thing about probabilities is, shit does happen! Like for example. If we go to the 2008 Presidential election results with MCcain/Obama and count the number of sevens and eights of the results on the second row in. I count 11 7’s for Obama and 11 7’s for McCainand 2 8’s for Obama and 3 8’s for McCain. 21% 7’s and 5% 8’s AHAAAA!!! [/quote]

Which is great for a small sample.  But if you look at millions of numbers, then they’ll average out.  That’s what it means to be random.  It’s like the odds in Las Vegas.  Yes, you may have some winners, but in the long run (when you add more and more numbers ) then the house always wins.

Same thing here, the more “random” numbers you add, the more you’ll have closer and closer to 10% for each.

You didn’t actually read the article, did you?  Or did you think they were talking about taking a small sample?  Or by your own admission, it’s been a while since you’ve done any statistics.  Yet you’re quick to just dismiss this analysis.

Yes certainly, if the student was meant to present millions of random numbers, but instead presented numbers that weren’t random.

Where do you read that I’m taking it personally?  I may even agree with you.  You’re the one that wants to make this about me, personally.  You brought up me accusing students of cheating – what does that have to do with your burden of proof?

I just think that you’re asking others for a burden of proof that you yourself can’t meet.

LOL, Obviously not for comprehension no!! It still does not convince me. Using statistics/probabilities to prove election fraud is a stretch. Probabilities may be small but they do happen and other circumstances could have “arranged” those numbers.  I certainly would agree it would be enough to use it to start an investigation. That would not happen under the circumstances.

You keep repeating that you think I am asking you and others to believe my opinion … with me not …  you know  :unamused:. I am not asking for anything. You believe it or not that is your prerogative. I encourage debate and keep an open mind to others’ opinions, even if I do not show it.  Sometimes I even incite a little, harmlessly. I will always make a genuine attempt to answer people’s challenges, questions, etc. and try to be netiquette. I will always try to support my points although sometimes the results will not be immediate.  I think that is reasonable.

My intention was to see if you would stand by the statistics model you presented.

So here we are both have no proof of US interference and Iranian election fraud but with a good possibility both are true.