I seek your consent

[quote]THE DESK OF MR.DAVIES ADAMS
BILL AND EXCHANGE,
GULF MARINE BANK LONDON.

Hello,

I humbly crave your indulgence in sending you this mail,if the contents does not meet with your personal and business ethics,I apologise in advance. this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly “CONFIDENTIAL AND TOP SECRET”. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day.

I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this transaction, as I have been reliable informed of your discreteness and ability in transaction of this nature. Let me start first, introduce myself properly to you.

I am Mr.Davies Adams, of Dept of Bill and Exchange with Gulf Marine Bank London. I need your consent to handle this transaction because it entails large amount of funds($6.4 Million Dollars) deposited by a deceased customer in our bank who died long time ago but has an open beneficiary mandate on his file though,there has not been anyone from his family to make claim of this funds but i am sure he has no immediate family because i have tried all i could to contact them but to no avail.

THE PROPOSITION:

I wish to know if we can work together.I would like you to stand as next of kin to my deceased client, who was among the people that lost their life in Egypt air crash 1999,some years ago with the wife.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/502503.stm

He made some deposits to my bank,and died without any registered next of kin and as such the funds now have an open beneficiary mandate. More over it appears you are related to him by the virtue of your names.If you are interested you do let me know so that I can give you comprehensive details on what we are to do.

I urgently hope to get your response.
Best regards,
Mr.Davies Adams.[/quote]

Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:26 PM
Subject: Compulsory Security Update Notification

Dear Valued Customer,
As a bank we are used to thinking about security. The internet brings new risks that must also be recognized and guarded against. At CIBC, we use industry standard security technology and practices, focusing on three key areas - privacy, technology and identification so we can safeguard your accounts from any unauthorized access. However, you too should play your part in protecting these accounts.

As a part of our ongoing commitment to provide the “Best Possible” service and Protection to all our Members this year, we are now requiring each member to validate their accounts using our new secure and safe SSL servers. To validate your online banking account click on Log In To Online Banking.

This Email has being sent to all CIBC Bank customers, and it is compulsory to follow as failure to verify account details will lead to account suspension.

Thank you.
Online Banking Security Team
Online Services Security Department
Issued for Canadian use only | © CIBC Financial Bank plc 2002 - 2007

Dearest One,

Good a thing to write you. we have a proposal for you-this however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your will I am Miss Sonia Edward, 21 years, the daughter of the late Dr David Edward of the late blessed memory. my father  was a highly reputable busnness man He was the Director General National Gold and Diamond Mining Corporation of Sierra-Leone. who died on the 25th day of december 2003 in a plane clash on his visit to Benin.

cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12 … index.html

Before his untimely Death he deposited The amount is US $10 million 700hundred thousand Dollars  (Ten million  seven  hundred thousand United State Dollars) In one of the bank in Abidjan, the Capital City of Cote D’ voire which i am the next of kin to this fund. Meanwhile, I would want to leave Cote d’Ivoire entirely with this money for investment in your country because of the political crisis  and war hear in this country  and mostly for my future.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:-

1. Can you honestly help me as your own daughter ? 
  2. Can we completely trust you?
  3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?

Please, Consider this and get back to us as soon as possible and may GOD be with you. (AMEN)

Thanks yours

Sonia Edward.

I love how they take the time to include links to support their story.

Dearest One
I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before. I am Charles Toure, 25 years old, I am contacting you on behalf of myself and my youner sister Elizabeth. We are an orphans.

Nationality: Ivoirians. Our late Father Mr Lawrence Toure was a successful business-man whom before his untimely death , was a Cocoa and Diamond Merchant based here in Abidjan, Cote d’lvoire.Both our Father and Mother were poisoned at a party organised by one of his business associates. Before he died in a private hospital here, my Father called me and told me that he deposited the sum of US$14.5m (Twelve Million Five Hundred Thousand American Dollars), in a bank here which he used my name as next of kin to deposit the funds as the only son.Due to the problem that have arised in our family between my late Father’s brothers over who should control his wealth and subsquent death in the family, I have decided with my younger sister to transfer this funds overseas for future investment after we finish our education.

We want to leave here and come over to your country to live and continue our studies, because our lives is no longer safe here. We have heard from a reliable source that they are planing on how to retrieve all the documents concerning the funds from us, so that they can claim the funds.

Before contacting you, we have spoken with the local bank manager and worked out modalities on how to transfer the funds to your country.
Please, we humbly seek your assistance in the following ways:
1- To assist us in transferring this fund quietly into your account in you country.
2- To serve as the guardian of this funds since I am still in the university and my younger sister is still in the college.

3- To make arrangement for me and my younger sister to come over to your country to further our education and to help us secure a residential permit in your country. Moreover, we are willing to offer you any agreed (percentage) out of the total funds as compensation for your efforts/input after the successful transfer of this funds into your nominated account overseas, while some percentage will be set aside to offset any expenses we may incur.

4- Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting us as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within the shortest possible time.
NB: Please, if you are interested to help us, contact me immediately after you read this proposal so that I may give you more detailed information how this transfer could be carried out.

However, I wish to hear from you to know your decision concerning this proposal. Please reply very urgent.
Mr Charles And  Elizabeth

Nothing lke a scammer with a civic conscience!!! :unamused:

From . Mr. ALESSANDRA MARTINS.

Kindest Attention:

My name is Mr. ALESSANDRA MARTINS. I am from United Kingdom.  I have been
diagnosed with Esophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical
treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according
to medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I
never really cared for anyone (not even myself)but my business.  Though I
am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and
only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But
now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just
wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God
gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a
different way from how I have lived it.

Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property
and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as few
close friends .I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I
have decided to give alms to charity organizations and those in Need, as I
want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have
Distributed money to some charity organizations when I was well. Now that
my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I
once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute
the money which I have there to charity organization in United States,
Asia, Middle East & Europe, they refused and kept the money to themselves.

Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with
what I have left for them. The last of my money which no one knows of is
the huge cash deposit of Twenty Million United States Dollars ($20, 000,
000.00) that I have with an Asset Management / Vaulting Company Abroad. I
will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity
organizations and use it to help those in Need.

N/B:Kindly note that  40% of this funds must go to  victims of Tsunami,
Hurricane Katrina , Hurricane Wilma and South Asia Earthquake , 55% to
other Charity Organizations around the World and 5%  for your effort and
time.

I cannot talk with you on the phone due to my health situation, as I am
using my Lap Top Computer to communicate with you. You should respond to
this e-mail if you are interested in carrying out this assignment on my
behalf.

God be with you.

This thread is only going to get good if someone replies to them and posts the continuing saga.

I receive at least 10 of these emails a week, and delete them immediately.  It was interesting to see that finally a program has started to do their own investigation on how many people in the US are actually getting sucked into this trap.  For all of you interested, check out Dateline and discover for yourselves the people behind this crap.

90% of my hotmail is these things. I see a notification pop up on MSN and get excited that someone actually wants to talk to me and…

Greetings from Tobias Mugabe
Zimbabwe Minister of Finance

I have sold all my uncle’s Robert’s stock of used Chilean genital roasters to Uzbekistan and am in need of somewhere to hide $50,000,000 (fiftey million dollars.00 US) all I ned is your bank account and access code…

Subject: Paypal System Update! Confirmation REQUIRED

Dear PayPal Customer,

This e-mail is to inform you of a recent update we have made to our
systems.
To avoid service interruption we require that you confirm
your account as soon as possible. Please click here and take a
moment to confirm your
account.

Please follow the following steps:

1.) Click here to confirm your
account.

2.) Your account will be updated in our system and you may continue using
PayPal services without any interruptions.

Please note: If you fail to update your account, it will be
’flagged’ with restricted status.

Thank you,

The Paypal Staff

I was really bored one day, so I actually replied to one of these messages from an e-mail account I never use.  First, the original message:

Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:49:09 +0300
To:
Subject: CRY FOR HELP

Good Day and Compliments,
I am writing this letter in confidence believing that
if it is the wish of God for you to help me and my
family, God almighty will bless and reward you
abundantly. My family and I are true Christians and
worship’s God truthfully. I got your contact through
Internet during my research on some one who could help
us.
I am a female student from University of Dakar,Senegal.
I am 16yrs old. I’d like any person who can be
caring, loving and home oriented. I will love to have
a long-term relationship with you and to know more
about you. I would like to build up a solid foundation
with you in time coming if you can be able to help me
in this transaction.
Well, my fathers died some few months ago and left
my mother I and my junior brother behind. He was a
king, which our town citizens titled him before his
death. I was a Princess to him and I and my brother
are the only people who can take Care of his wealth
now because my mother is not literate enough to know
all my father’s wealth behind.
He left up to USD 27, 350, 000.00 dollars (TWENTY
SEVEN MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND US
DOLLARS) with a security company, and I don’t know how
and what I will do to invest this money somewhere in
abroad, so that my father’s kindred will not take over
what belongs to my father and our family, which they
were planning to do without my present because I am a
female as stated by our culture in the town. That is
why I felt happy when I saw your contact which I
strongly believe that by the grace of God, you will
help me secure and invest this money. I thereby need
your help in bringing the box contaning the money out
from the security company, based on your reply I will
furnish you with more details on how we can proceed.
I am ready to pay 30% of the total amount to you if
you help us in securing this money and another 10%
interest of Annual Income to you, for handling
this business for us, which you will strongly have
absolute control over.
If you can handle this project sincerely and also
willing to assist me in lifting this fund, kindly
reach me and I will let you know the next step to
take towards actualizing this transaction as quickly
as possible.
Please, note that this transaction is 100% risk free.
I look forward hearing from you soonest.
Yours sincerely,
Miss Princess Ajana

Then the reply:

My Dear Princess

I am truly flattered and honored that you would choose me to help you in the matter that you mentioned in your recent e-mail message to me.  I certainly do not like to see people suffer unnecessarily, and I would certainly like to do everything I can to help.

However, there is a problem which I believe must be addressed.  You said that you and your family are “true Christians” who “worship’s God truthfully,” and that you are “writing this letter in confidence believing that if it is the wish of God for you to help me and my family, God almighty will bless and reward you abundantly.”

Unfortunately my dear princess, I am not a Christian.  In fact, I am a Satanist.  I believe that our Lord Satan is the true master over the universe, and that he will one day call my Satanic brethren together to rise up and destroy the evil entity whom Christians call their God.

So you can see my dear princess how I cannot help you, for you represent everything that I am fighting against.

But we Satanists also believe that we should help people.  We are not evil, no matter what your priests and ministers might say.  We are the good guys.  We love flowers and bunnies and pretty fluffy clouds just like you.  The only difference is that we also like to make bloody sacrifices and burn them as a tribute to our lord Lucifer.  That doesn’t make us evil, because we still love bunnies.

So here is what I propose.  Become a Satanist.  Join our order.  You can still love all those pretty things that live and frolic on this earth.  All it takes is a few animal sacrifices from time to time to make sure that Satan doesn’t smite you.  And a sacrifice is not an act of hate.  It is an act of love.  Because you will be re-uniting the souls of those pretty animals with our lord and ruler.  You can be an agent of love and of Satan at the same time!

If you can prove your worth to me and to my lord Satan, I will consider helping you.

Sincerely yours,

Lou C. Fer.

well Jeez don’t leave us hanging, did she send you details on the box or did she send you a dead rabbit to have its soul reunited???

Inquiring minds want to know…

:imp:

It seemed that somebody decided to reunite her with lord Satan before she had the chance to make a deal with me.  Either that, or it just didn’t play.  Too bad; I was looking forward to a bit of back-and-forth on that one…

She may have been some type of spam bot that would kick into gear if you clicked on a hyper text link.  Perhaps she’s some type of xenophobic Christian that has issues with Satanists, heh-heh:-)

sons of bitches…I had one the other day …it was a recording calling me stating that as a valued wal mart customer…pfft yeah right!!!  I had won a cruise to the caribbean and all I had to do was push one to claim my prize.
I immediately hung up.  Im sure I would of been connected to an automatic phone billing thing, you know when I open…or when the wife opens the phone bill and sees a 50 dollar billing charge.  The wife would think I was on some kind of Sexual hotline dealio…again!! jk

Yeah, I get several of those crappy automated phone calls per week.  Thankfully everyone in my family knows to just hang-up.

must train the little ones…they sometimes answer the phone…

Remember those gadgets that they used to sell that would send a tone telling the computer on the other end no one was there? I always wondered if those things worked or were just a gimic.

The worst callers at my home lately have been some company on behalf of stats Canada. They told my wife they couldn’t stop calling until she gave them some basic info. I’m waiting for the next time I’m home and they call.

I also hate the survey jerks.  When I get the survey people I just quietly explain once to the person that I do not do business on the phone (especially when the transaction isn’t initiated by me) then terminate the connection.  It is difficult to determine if someone is honestly identifying themselves.

Instead of buying the device,  I downloaded the tone for that a few years ago, and set it up on our answering machine for a few months.  It seemed to do the trick, as we started getting fewer and fewer calls, but my mom was annoyed that people wouldn’t leave messages after the tones anymore.

All you have to do is download the tones, record them to your outgoing answering machine message, and if you have call display, let any suspicious numbers go right to your answering machine.