I need some community input/direction with this one

Does anyone know if Tim’s has any security camera’s in place? If they do, that might be of assistance to the RCMP.

Whatever the guy in the ball cap’s problem is, he does need to be held accountable for his actions and if need be punished by the justice system.

I wasn’t there so I can’t pass judgment on something I didn’t see, but if it’s as disturbing as described, it is too bad that the Police didn’t get called into the matter earlier. Again if the place has security cameras maybe there’s a chance for some justice if required.

It’s obscene to think that someone would take advantage of someone who apparently isn’t of the proper level to know he’s being abused.

what does this donald look like. i don’t live there anymore but i remember a donald, mentally challenged and also a pervert. he is native in his forties. i remember a donald on the bus, i used to take it home every day and he would make advances on the young girls. you literally had to tell him to fuck off. i was working in a small store at the time and he came in and said he was looking for a job and had something to show me. it was a picture of himself naked laying in bed with a hard on. then he smiled his goofy grin. he seems so friendly and is always saying hello and smiling and wanting to shake your hand but he is a sikko. i didn’t know what to do except tell him we had no work and to ask him to leave. everytime i saw him after i was sickened.  :confused: i hope it is not the same man. if he is keep your daughters and women away from him he is not what he seems.

your thinking of a different guy i think. the guy your talking about’s name is darrel

you are absolutely right , it is darrel is he still around there ewwwwww

Yes, Darrel is still in town but I will make no further comment…I want to thank Hankaspanka for stepping up to the plate and speaking with the RCMP regarding this issue. There are many people who would have just sat there, waiting for someone else to step in and then complain when no one did. Unfortunately, there is the age issue when it comes to Donald so I guess we will have to wait and see how/when it is played out. If Joe has been notified of the incident then that may help also. Anyway, in short, thank you, it’s a good person who considers the fate of someone who may possibly not be in a position to help themselves.

In the past I had worked with mentally challenged adults for years. These incidents take place oh so much more than you could ever imagine. In fact, I did have one client tell me he was sexually assaulted. Company did nothing, police couldn’t, I left my job. I really just couldn’t take anymore.

Darrel is Harmless , he is like Donald special needs and just likes to HUg yes hugging everybody is not good or nice, but if you dont want a hug fromhim just say No ,  that is all it takes to not to get hugs from him. but he is just as HArmelss  as Donald is

Little known to the public there is a duty to report incidences like you have mention. Donald is classified as a vulnerable person as he is mentally challenged. It should be reported to either the Police or Ministry of Children and Families. I am sure either party will redirect you to the right place of inquery.

I think if the concerns were expressed as a community then maybe we can be heard. I used to judge donald and darrel as a teenager because they would run around chasing people male or female. Originally, I thought it was harassment then,  but now realize it was obvious they made their comments and gestures because of their mental incapacity. IF enough complaints are fostered together then surely one would think the RCMP and other agencies in the locale would do something! We can’t just walk away and hope the issue is addressed by someone else!

Unfortunately at this point in time, there is no help once the charges hit the courts. Statements are hard to get. There are people out there who prey upon others who are not able to communicate events very well. They know that they have a low chance of getting caught. Really makes me very ill.

we may have other options.  maybe these predators need to come upon some bad luck. you know, they go to timmy’s and come home to find their windows smashed out, all their property
has been mysteriously broken, and it keeps happening. the message is "get the fuck out of town while you are still walking. we know who and what you are, and your not the type of guy we want as a neighbor. while you may be able to dance through all the legal loopholes and be immune to the police doing anything about it, we are not police, and are not bound by the same code as them and we will make you go away.

Guess it was just a matter of time before good ol’ vigilante justice came up!

Darrel used to come into the store I worked at and ask me or the other girls to give him a hug or pat him on the back because it gave him a hard on. We would have to tell him VERY forcefully no. But there was always a person with him to keep an eye on him.
Donald is a sweetheart, he is so trusting and friendly and he is almost always alone downtown. I remember he used to come watch us practice tae kwon do and the Civic, and no one minded him being there at all.
It’s a terrifying thought that someone would be bold enough to pull something like that in public. That is definitely sexual exploitation, without a doubt. And if the police or his caretakers can’t do anything about this, then I am definitely not opposed to vigilante justice in this case.

Ahem…vigilante justice is not something we endorse, support, or condone here at HTMF.  It may be satisfying for you to consider something like this, but you would be charged if you were caught doing these things.  If this person is alleged to have done something then the person who witnessed the event should report it.

ya i know, i was just goofing around, im not actually going to do something like that, and i doubt anyone else would either, its just fun to say :smile:

Darrell is NOT harmless…Coming from my own experience, I justified his sexual behavior towards me as his having a lack of awareness of his actions and that was wrong. There have been may complaints regarding his behavior and hugs have been the least of our concerns.  I would have to wonder, harmless??, and by whose standards?

You don’t need to be a vigilante. All it takes if you see someone abusing someone in a doughnut shop is the courage to walk over and tell them to stop. If you don’t feel safe doing that then phone the police who I GUARANTEE will be interested in people engaging in lewd acts in a public place filled with families and children. Hell… report it to the manager or if all else fails just stand up and say in a loud voice “Hey, leave that man alone you perv!”. There are a ton of ways to deal with it.

Darrell is special needs JUst like Donald they all are adults but with a kids mind so just watch out for them and help them

Hay hanka don’t go but honestly if you are stupid enough to sit and watch this for half hour then post it what the hell do you think the public response is going to be? If it was me the ball cap guy would be wearing hot coffee and doughnuts

Chuck Norris wouldn’t put up with this

i heard he counted to infinity…twice