Htmf ftw omfgbbq

[quote=“V!]2u$”]
HTMF FTW OMFGBBQ = Hacking The Main Frame Fck The What Oh My Fckin G*d Bar-B-Que.

get it? like I said I was bored. and often repeat the same sentence more then once, often in the same paragraph.

the FTW is just a mirror image of WTF. fairly simple, often misunderstood. not big meaning around the name.

just something I thought of spur of the moment.  have a nice night now, I am off to work.
[/quote]

4chan internets language…

BTW, I though “HTMF FTW OMFGBBQ” = Hackingthemainframe for the win oh my f*ckin god barbecue

[quote=“V!]2u$”]
  have a nice night now, I am off to work.
[/quote]

I hope you have a good shift, don’t work too hard. :smile:

FTW for the win!

everyone’s highly educated, grammatically correct posts have made this thread 2 pages long.

:unamused:

[quote=“V!]2u$”]
the FTW is just a mirror image of WTF. fairly simple, often misunderstood. not big meaning around the name.
[/quote]

Classic…using leet speak and doesn’t even know what it means.  FTW = for teh win.  And you were calling me a noob…

LoL what a hater.

It means nothing bud (whattodonow) yes this is for you.  what does anything mean? who made it up? is it in the dictionary? is ther a law saying it belongs to one meaning?

if I say fuck the what occassionally am I not aloud to use FTW?.. for instance, if I were to say BRB, would you automatically assume I’m thinking in my mind be right back?

what if in fact I need the bathroom? had to take a dump, and I was in possibly thinking Bathroom Break? would you not accept it due to the fact that bathroom is one word?

small minds are easily amused and I see you went to town trying to please yourself over insulting me.  since you went felt soooo soooo happy for a brief moment, I’ll let you keep this one.

How ever, on a un related note I don’t speak 1337 I never went to school for that.
I don’t play Counter Strike, I just think you are Teh Uber Noooob. 

Perhaps you didn’t see my previous post on how FTW is mirely a mirror image? ever heard of those? FTW|WTF amazing isn’t it.

I can’t say what one things means to everyone, we all have our own opions.  I might think this and you might think that.  the fact remains the same, it is what it is.

a few asked and I replied… everyone is happy.

you simply asked what something stands for, which is normal, how ever when you add the quote in the middle of the sentance, there is no need for “stands”

what does “HTMF FTW OMFGBBQ” stand for? would be a proper question.  if you misunderstood his quote of your question, it’s best to read aloud your writing to yourself.

listen to how it is pronounced and how it sounds, once you have done that.  you’ll undestand his reason for the “example” and qoute. 

dialect, slang, proper pronounciation is what I think he was getting at “that’s he’s bike” or “that’s his bike” “what does this stand for?” and “what does this stands for”

A simple letter in the wrong placement can give the reader the wrong impression? – ahh who am I kidding i’m just tired.  hope this helped your question at least a little.  Goodnight.

No, I was basically pointing out the irony of him saying that we shouldn’t care how somebody writes, since it’s the meaning that is important.  Then he asks what something means.  It’s a good example of not being able to understand something because of the way it was written!

FTW is definitely For The Win, by the way.  You can argue that it can mean anything you want, but then you’re also making MiG’s point: if you want to be understood, you’d better use the standard way of communicating.

To use WhatTheHack’s analogy, most people think FTW means For The Win. Even people who speak with a different accent. If you thing FTW means something else, then you’re speaking with a different dialect, and people will derive different meaning from your posts than you intend.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ftw

http://internet-slang.com/ftw.html

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/FTW

thanks for clearing up his question.  and to be honest I dont care what the definate meaning of FTW is, as I stated before Mirror image perhaps next time I use FTW i’ll add the other half.

that way noobs can’t determine that it is in fact not for the win. "HTMF FTW|WTF OMFG BBQ"
how ever that is less amusing and in fact kinda stupid.

I don’t care for acronyms.  the conversation started out a topic on posting methods grammer, and blah blah blah english 11 stuff.

from that we moved on to acronyms, the fact is he asked what it meant, if he already knew “FTW=For the win” which he stated in a later post “i thought FTW = For the win”

he knew what it was but asked anyway in case I was talking about something else.  and I was, and I told him.  that to me should have been end of story.

MiG states that HTMF does not demand perfection only that the topic/post, be readable.  it is readable, and it is an explanation of what it meant to me at the time of the posting.

HACKING THE MAIN FRAME FUCK THE WHAT OMFG BARBEQUE, if you would prefer for the win over fuck the what, perhaps you can start a new topic where everyone must be 100% correct about what they type, and how they use their typing?

Freedom of speech big baby, spread the love. 

“Bobby helped his uncle Jack, off a horse”

OR

“Bobby helped his uncle jack off a horse”

That is where proper grammar and spelling and capitalization and such on the internet are important.

I’m meaning to say He helped his uncle Jack, off of his horse. But instead the second sentence promotes the uncle preforming an act of beastiality.

Grammar is your friend. :smiley:

LOL!!! gross :stuck_out_tongue: that’s a gross sentence bubba  :cry:

alright 3 pages, my first topic!!! let’s keep going!!! just found this song and thought it was really good.

many didn’t like it but I personally found it to be really good.

I agree, it is a very disgusting sentence. But it gets my point across quite nicely. Think about that next time you use improper grammar.

[quote=“V!]2u$”]
alright 3 pages, my first topic!!! let’s keep going!!! just found this song and thought it was really good.

many didn’t like it but I personally found it to be really good.
[/quote]

There’s a redundancy. Talking about the English language and how messed up it is. Do we really need to use the word personally after we state it is ourselves that is saying it?

I personally, feel that saying personally after stating it is our opinion is completely redundant.
Why do we throw in personally there? Can’t we just put more emphasis on I

I feel

Make sense?

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]
Theres a redundancy. [/quote]

Not to be a PITA, but, this should say There’s.

The contraction of there is: There’s a redundancy.

Good point.

Thanks for pointing that out.  :smiley:

You’re welcome. :smile:

I’m sorry bubba for using inadequate grammar, you caught me  :imp: :imp:

lol

hackingthemainframeforthewinohmyfukingGOD … barbeque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnW9cczYLhc  my cousin killing me over and over, and over, and over

HTMF FTW OMFGBBQ = His teacher may find free time (on) weekends obliterate Monday grievances by being quiet.