Hst!

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]

[quote=“jesus”]

Not quite that simple Jesus. Every party has their fair share of shortcomings and bad trends. NDP spend spend spend. Liberals balance and cut (and scandal). Conservatives are too far to the right for many visible minorities and also play dirty - But provide better economic management. Balance of power between all three parties is needed in this country. Unless you like civil unrest?

Conservatives and Mulroney stacked the senate to bring in the GST in 1990. Every party needs to be kept in check, constantly.[/quote]

Conservatives? economic management? hahahaah. surely you dont mean our federal con party?

Also completely doing an end run around democracy is not a shortcoming it is justification for riots outside the legislature and possibly even assassination. This is ridiculous and I’m really fucking pissed off (no im not going to shoot anyone). The future of our province has been purchased and it is now before the courts whether or not we the people have a right to make decisions in our own province or if like in many third world countries the corporations do.

This is a very very bad road and this is a direct result of electing the BC liberals. Elections BC has been corrupted as well. The idiot who stalled the petition is the ‘newly appointed’ chief elections officer.

[quote=“jesus”]
The future of our province has been purchased and it is now before the courts whether or not we the people have a right to make decisions in our own province or if like in many third world countries the corporations do.

This is a very very bad road and this is a direct result of electing the BC liberals. Elections BC has been corrupted as well. The idiot who stalled the petition is the ‘newly appointed’ chief elections officer.[/quote]

Yea, I agree.

I also agree. My whole attitude toward the HST has been about democracy not the tax itself.

Now from the Globe and Mail we get this

B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell is hailing the passage of the anti-HST petition as a good day for democracy.

“We should recognize that this really is, kind of, a celebration of democracy. The reason we have an initiative and referendum legislation in place is to give citizens those tools,” the Liberal premier said Wednesday while in California to address the State legislature.

“So to those who felt that it was important enough to motivate them to sign the petition and move it forward, congratulations to them.”

However, if he hides behind the court case and does not follow through with the spirit of the petition then he is destroying democracy. His call and I know how I would bet.

[quote=“DWhite”]

I also agree. My whole attitude toward the HST has been about democracy not the tax itself.

Now from the Globe and Mail we get this

B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell is hailing the passage of the anti-HST petition as a good day for democracy.

“We should recognize that this really is, kind of, a celebration of democracy. The reason we have an initiative and referendum legislation in place is to give citizens those tools,” the Liberal premier said Wednesday while in California to address the State legislature.

“So to those who felt that it was important enough to motivate them to sign the petition and move it forward, congratulations to them.”

However, if he hides behind the court case and does not follow through with the spirit of the petition then he is destroying democracy. His call and I know how I would bet.[/quote]

he’s already destroyed it by placing a yes man at the helm of elections bc. As long as he is there I will not trust elections BC to honor the recalls I’m sure will be coming soon.

Oh hey look a list of companies that are members of the ‘coalition of business’ fighting against our right to democracy. I wonder if Sullivan Mechanical Ltd knows they are part of an organization that is against democracy? Perhaps someone should inform them… if they still exist? or how about northwest community college/bc hydro supporting an organization fighting against our rights. Awesome.

Then of course it appears the prince rupert chamber of commerce is a member of the bc chamber of commerce… duh and the following business are members:

princerupertchamber.ca/

Someone should really take the time to go in and talk to some of these business owners and explain to them exactly what they are supporting by joining these groups. I assume it is not mandatory? if it is well fuck that needs to change.

BTW heres the links… i stole them from another forum:

Independent Contractors and Businesses Association
icba.bc.ca/about_icba/contact_us.htm
Council of Forest Industries
cofi.org/about_COFI/contact_us.htm
Mining Association of B.C.
mining.bc.ca/contact_us.htm
Coast Forest Products Association
coastforest.org/contact.html
B.C. Chamber of Commerce
bcchamber.org/about/contact.html

Still not sure how the Liberals managed to screw up this one.

Taxes aren’t that uncommon a thing in BC and for the most part people pay them as they understand what they should go towards.

Still, these boneheads managed to make the thing into probably the most self destructive thing in years.

Guess after so many years arrogance makes you quite stupid.

One more. We may have been at the same site.

Western Convenience Stores Association
conveniencestores.ca/index.p … mid=100004