Hot knifing

Good. No need to waste chunks of your time onlyto find out you can’t get it back.

I think old is when some of those days gone by have flashbacks , now you hear them say shit like DejaVu. Yeah , then there were lids.

Ok enlighten me… what is a lid? A peyote button? GrapeJack? Electric Koolaid, sugar cubes, Mr Natural and Ice 9?

My great epiphany came sometime in 1974 when someone stated the CIA had computers that could read your mind and the whole room except me nodded in agreement. It suddenly dawned thru the THC encrusted neurons I was the only on in a room of 30 who could wire a set of speakers to a bloody stereo, I’d helped my buddy (disguised in a tie and short hair wig) carry boxes of punchcards from Eaton’s to the NCR center and an uncle with Honeywell code for the new Pinto plant in St Thomas only a couple years before… and they were looking at me like I was the idiot…
Fittingly, it didn’t happen like an Einstein’s “eureka!”, but as a Homeresque “DOH!!”. I was back to college in a week…
My only advice to the younger crowd is that

1. It’s not criminal and toatlly evil, shit happens
  2. You really don’t get the time back, and that shit made me (and a lot of others) more self-consious, more inhibited, and less socially able.
  3. Unlike the majority of my circle of friends, you will not get the opportunity to arrive at middle-class mediocrity solely through the miracle of ‘seniority’. Those jobs are gone, as you already know. Only about 3% will achieve more than MCM, none of whom will be aided by their use of recreational pharmaceuticals…

Those are heavy words man, I can dig it , like that is boss gear and fab . So for real you young ones out there , just say no .We are just a few who made it .

If you really want to know smartass, GrapeJack was the cheapest most disgusting swill ever sold as wine in BC.
The other stuff was LSD.
Peyote is the cactus you derive mescaline from. The button is a flower thingie you peel off and chew and tastes like … you know what…

For the record, peyote is sort of cool. You have to want to try it, have to really go out of your way to get it, really force yourself to eat it. And you’ll pay with the worst hangover ever afterward. In other words, not a ‘party’ drug at all. Truly for spiritual use only, somewhere like in the desert, on an isolated beach, or in the woods. If you’re native you may even be able to have it in your medicine bag without penalty still.

The only thing really ‘good’ about the old days was that penicillin cured everything :laughing:

Thanks for reminding me of those every once in awhile shots, yeah that was good shit too for its day. Saved my ass maybe hers as well. Thats when men were men and free clinics were everywhere.

I have a 21 yr old and a 19 yr old, and a functioning memory. It’s the reason they’ve lived to adulthood. Someday when they’re over 40 and burdened with mortgages and a family, I’ll tell them. “You bloody amateurs. Your Mom and I did worse, way worse. That’s why we didn’t beat you when you pulled that shit.”

Smartass, if you’re going to try peyote sometime, whatever you do, NEVER EVER ground it into a mixture of blood, drink it, and then go into a floatation tank. The first time, you’ll come out showing some slight physical regression; the second time, you’ll come out as an ape-like primitive man; and the third time, you’ll become raw energy, at one with the universe, and bare witness to that first terrible thought . . .

At least your not this guy-
Police in a Columbus, Ohio, suburb arrested Alan Patton, 54, outside a movie theater restroom in February and later listened to him describe in detail his unusual behavior. According to police, Patton is obsessed with collecting and consuming the urine of young boys, which he said he has done for over 40 years. “I like it because it makes me closer to them like I’m drinking their youth.” His modus operandi is to shut off a urinal’s flush water, wait for a boy to finish, and then gather up the urine. “Listening to him describe it,” said one detective, “it’s like listening to a crack or cocaine addict. He’s addicted to children’s urine.”

Who got busted in port ed? :open_mouth:

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]My great epiphany came sometime in 1974 when someone stated the CIA had computers that could read your mind and the whole room except me nodded in agreement. It suddenly dawned thru the THC encrusted neurons I was the only on in a room of 30 who could wire a set of speakers to a bloody stereo, I’d helped my buddy (disguised in a tie and short hair wig) carry boxes of punchcards from Eaton’s to the NCR center and an uncle with Honeywell code for the new Pinto plant in St Thomas only a couple years before… and they were looking at me like I was the idiot…
Fittingly, it didn’t happen like an Einstein’s “eureka!”, but as a Homeresque “DOH!!”. I was back to college in a week…
My only advice to the younger crowd is that

1. It’s not criminal and toatlly evil, shit happens
  2. You really don’t get the time back, and that shit made me (and a lot of others) more self-consious, more inhibited, and less socially able.
  3. Unlike the majority of my circle of friends, you will not get the opportunity to arrive at middle-class mediocrity solely through the miracle of ‘seniority’. Those jobs are gone, as you already know. Only about 3% will achieve more than MCM, none of whom will be aided by their use of recreational pharmaceuticals…[/quote]

That’s some good shit, but I have to ask you this:

Would you rather have not done any of that? Do you think you would be happier or a better person if you had not?

All those times trying to re-live that first time, not a fair question.

[quote=“Eso”]

That’s some good shit, but I have to ask you this:

Would you rather have not done any of that? Do you think you would be happier or a better person if you had not?[/quote]

Aw c’mon ask something I could possibly answer, like what is the meaning of life or something…
St. Peter leaned over and spoke quietly but clearly into Ralph’s right ear. “So you see, the exact point at which your life turned completly into shit was Saturday Aug.23rd 1969 at 9:15 am, when you chose to wear those brown Hush Puppies. Had you chosen to wear those stinky red runners, you would have been met by a Good Samaritan who slipped $20 into your pocket out of pity. When you found the $20 you would have decided to go to the David Bowie concert in Seattle and discovered the guy in the next seat (who you passed the joint too) was Bill Gates and you became buddies. Need I say more?”

Passing a Joint with Bill Gates with David Bowie playing in the background, that sounds like the making of a newer version of Reefer Madness. I did a concert in Montreal with Bob Dylan and the Band on the same bill, did a joint and drank wine with some dude whose last concert he saw a Pete Seeger. Just another show.

Saw a couple of weird concerts, Boz Scaggs before disco sat on the edge of the stage and passed a bottle of wine around asking for requests. Robert Fripp of King Crimson asking the audience ‘what would you like me to do’?
Pink Floyd in the Gardens where a couple women climbed the speakers and stripped…
…or maybe I just remember it that way… :confused:

Went to an Alice Cooper concert. A “reporter” came on stage during “Go To Hell,” snapping pictures, and Cooper took his mike stand and drove it right through the guy, into his chest and out his back in a huge gush of blood. A couple of zombies came out and dragged the guy off, with half of the mike stand sticking out of his back, and Alice shaking the other hand in his fist.

It look absolutely real!!

Cooper also has his own head cut off with a guillotine, while it appeared he was still singing.

The Master.

It is nice knowing those concerts were still very tame considering what the shit they see and hear now. The music today is not worth 50cents. They tell me the Weed is much stronger now days though but I have spoken with some people or Blasts from the Past and they do not agree, they say it is how you smoke it. Back to concerts , I caught the Stones three times in their early years , Janis twice , Jimi once.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]If you really want to know smartass, GrapeJack was the cheapest most disgusting swill ever sold as wine in BC.
The other stuff was LSD.
Peyote is the cactus you derive mescaline from. The button is a flower thingie you peel off and chew and tastes like … you know what…

[/quote]

I thought a lid was an ounce of pot, so named beacuse an ounce could fill up the inside of a tobacco can lid…