Obligatory Airborne quote:

Hockey Nintendo!

Ball or puck?
Ice or pavement (or table)?
Wheels or shoes?

Road Hockey!

Great question:

Is it “street hockey” or “road hockey”?

I’m gonna have to go with street. It seems to me that I hear the term “road hockey” being used largely by people of Ontarian descent.

ill play some street hockey… … does anyone know where to get good street hockey wheels? last week my wheel broke off my blades. :S

Street hockey. I have never heard anyone call it road hockey before.

We called it road hockey in southern BC. Then again, I was also raised with BCJHLers surrounding me across Van Island. Hockey is quite serious down there. Just as soccer is quite serious in this northern region it seems.

Soccer sucks. Softball is where it’s at.

Why, why would you say that

Haha, Fernando times twelve

[quote=“Anonymous”]Why, why would you say that

Haha, Fernando times twelve[/quote]

Because soccer sucks. It’s not as big up here as you think. Kids do it here because it’s the easiest thing for kids to do. They run around, get tired, and parents can put them to bed easier, thus, parents think it’s great.

i remember back in the day when they used to play street hockey in my ghetto

Why don’t you say I think soccer sucks… not just, soccer sucks.

Because she’s right. Soccer sucks.

So does your sister.

What you play here isn’t softball! It’s slow pitch and it sucks! In softball the ball is thrown faster and there is no need for 5 runs limit in an inning because runs are harder to get and earned. I played and liked softball. I played and hated slowpitch. Huge difference. The only good thing about slow pitch is how the cops closes their eyes to all the public drinking that happens after the game.

The end of Overlook street has a good court in which you could play.

Its right at the end

[quote=“BigThumb”]

What you play here isn’t softball! It’s slow pitch and it sucks! In softball the ball is thrown faster and there is no need for 5 runs limit in an inning because runs are harder to get and earned. I played and liked softball. I played and hated slowpitch. Huge difference. The only good thing about slow pitch is how the cops closes their eyes to all the public drinking that happens after the game.[/quote]

They are both technically softball. Slo-pitch and fastpitch are the two schools of softball. The MLB is hardball or baseball.

In all seriousness though, I think that versions have merit.

Fastpitch, as you said, is more fiercely competitive. Slo-pitch is more accessible.

If the KISL was fastpitch, we probably wouldn’t have a league.

[quote=“BigThumb”]

What you play here isn’t softball! It’s slow pitch and it sucks! In softball the ball is thrown faster and there is no need for 5 runs limit in an inning because runs are harder to get and earned. I played and liked softball. I played and hated slowpitch. Huge difference. The only good thing about slow pitch is how the cops closes their eyes to all the public drinking that happens after the game.[/quote]

So what do you call the mens fastpitch league that they used to have here? There would be a guy going around to the fans in the “stands” asking them to contribute money to the “league” and “pay umpires” when really it was going to their drinking fund. Fast pitch had just as much drinking involved if not more than slo-pitch, and the cops still never bat an eye about it.

I remember watching the last fast pitch games of the year where you had a beer at each base, and you had to chug before you could run, chug before you hit etc etc etc. Now there’s no way you can say slo-pitch is worse in that aspect.

While I do agree that fastball is a harder game, I wouldn’t go so far as saying that the runs in slo-pitch aren’t earned. We work just as hard as the next guys to get the runs we do.

Well ok, maybe not as hard as everyone else… but I’m not complaining :stuck_out_tongue: