Green apple

LOL great idea another beer and wine store, or a loto ticket place…
Like we need either… lol 

http://i37.tinypic.com/9j1zbb.jpg

Or a chinese food place. 

As far as the Green Apple being demolished I am also going to miss their halibut & chips - damn good.  I also heard that it was being torn down because of structural violations/condemned building?  But I don’t have any proof of that…

Actually, what we need is a GOOD chinese food place.  I’m been less than impressed with the ones available here

Really??  Most people here think our Chinese food in Rupert is better than everywhere else. 

you must be new to town

And what tells you that?  That I noticed there is a plethora of chinese food places, or that I’m pointing to safety regs for the Green Apple closing/being demolished?  Or that I will miss their food?

I know! That’s the strange thing!  I think that the Chinese food where I’m from is the best, and people from here think that the Chinese food from HERE is the best… ha ha.

But seriously, Nanaimo, Victoria and Vancouver all have WAY better Chinese food!  And I’m talking both Western-and-not-really-Chinese-Food and REAL Chinese food.  (I prefer me some of that “made for Canadians” version of Chinese food myself-just sayin’)  First place we ate out at when we were on vacation this summer was at our hometown Chinese Buffet restaurant… MMMMM… delish!

didnt read the whole post but they are building a beer and wine at maverick mart.  Facing it, it will be on the right side.  They are relocating there storage on the other side.

As usual Billy, your posts are directly on point. Good job.

lol…poor billy

Please take note:

http://www.secretasianman.com/images/strips/SAM071007.gif

Just a comment regarding Prince Rupert’s Chinese food.  We left there 8 yrs ago and now live in Nanaimo.  We have tried just about every place in town and nothing compares to Prince Rupert as far as chinese food goes.  Another thing Prince Rupert has over the entire  Vancouver Island, as far as I’m concerned, is a good bakery.  Not one Bakery we have tried, inc Save On comes close to Baker Boy for bread.
Other than friends and family, we miss those two items the most.

Ahh, well, you must not have eaten at Shanghai!  It’s in Brooks Landing Mall, behind Home Hardware.  The Chinese food there is AWESOME!  It’s always smokin’ busy there though, so it’s best to go right at 5pm if you want to beat the rush.  The weekend buffet has more stuff than the week day buffet, but both are good.  And I agree with you… the bakery here is better than the ones I’ve tried in Nanaimo, but there IS a good one on Bowen Road… I can’t remember what it’s called though… so that doesn’t help much!  It’s sort of close to a bike shop that I can’t remember what it’s called either…  :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes…we have tried the Shanghai and it doesn’t even come close.  At least, that’s as far as we are comcerned.  A trip to Rupert, for us, always includes one meal of Chinese.
All the bakeries down here slice their bread so thin.  I guess they think the seniors like it that way but when you’re used to Baker Boy???
We really miss Cu’s too.

To my mind, Baker Boy goods are by far the best in what I have in BC or Ontario!

That’s funny!  We went back to Nanaimo, and ate at Shanghai and stuffed ourselves silly 'cause we had missed such delicious Chinese food!  Every time we’ve had it here, we just think it’s “adequate”.  But like I said before, people from here love the Chinese here, and we’re from THERE, and we love it THERE.  Must just be what one is used to!

Im not being biased becuase I work/worked at Baker Boy…but I have to agree the bread there is AWESOME! Nobody can beat the Buttercrust white or brown. Im really missin that bakery right now!!

FYI:

No Chinese Food Restaurant in BC beats those on Alexandra Road.

But too bad you people will never have the chance to get the taste of the best… MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!  :imp:

Apple fritter with coconut sprinkles FTW!