Green apple

No rumor, it is Bamboo Shoots.  We did the drywall there for Rupert Wood & Steel who is the general contractor for the reno. 

Owned by Herbie’s and I believe operated.

Its gonna be a seafood joint
the blueprints passed though my desk

So can somebody recount all the rumours on this one again, so that when it opens we can revisit this thread and see who was right?

Ah, Soggy’s already done it:

Green Apple
Quiznos
Herbies
Bamboo Shoots
Seafood joint

Let’s come back in a few weeks and see who was right.

I’m going with Bamboo Shoots, from what I hear the resaturant is from the Herbie’s family and will be run by them, though you would have thought for convenience sake they would have bought out the old Tony’s shoes store instead…

Its Going to be a seafood oriented place owned by the herbies people
ive seen the plans and talked to one of the owners

So the much loved Green Apple is history
It was in the paper today…
Very sad news…  I cannot find deep fried fish that good anywhere, even down south…

I think a lot of people realized that The Green Apple would not be back at it’s present location. The building is just too far gone. I know a lot of people were holding out some hope he would set up shop again somewhere else.

It’s sad that it isn’t going to happen.

Well, maybe, the place he is currently working at will let him put fish and chips on the menue…  :smiley:

Its official, The demolition of the green apple is set to start tomorrow, their starting to bring in the equipment.

I wish Gordon would have a fish and chip event…
I miss that halibut and chips so much.

Too bad he doesnt invest in a fish and chip truck.

:cry:

I think a little part of me has just died.

Great Finch and chimps gonna miss them.

Does anyone know if he is going to relocate?  How does this affect him?  He owns the building & the city can just knock it down?  So he has to pay for a new place out of his pocket?  That’s kinda eff’d up I think.  Damn idiots @ cityhall!!!

I cannot answer all of your question as I don’t know how this all affects him, but he is workingf for someone now, last I heard was he was at a camp…  Not sure he still is.
He has said that he is not relocating…  That’s the sad part  :cry:

I believe the city has purchased the property.

When I first came to Prince Rupert, I stopped in to the Green Apple for the first time.

Chatted a bit with Gordie and he gave me a business card with two free meals on it. I still have the card. I always knew where my next meal could come from. That bit of welcome and friendliness sums up the character of this city for me.

Thanks Gordie

we have enough damn resturants in this town.

Yeah no way we need a great fish and chip joint in this town. What they should build there is another beer and whine store.  :unamused: