Genesis

Just wanted to recommend a course I have just downloaded from The Teaching Company. It is called The Book of Genesis. I can’t remember the name of the professor, but must say he has brought very interesting and informative insights into that book. I hope he will create courses of the rest of the five Books.

To get there, I think you could just google The Teaching Company and have a look at their on-line catalogues. Dale, I think you would find this most interesting.

I have read the Kind James cover to cover four times as well as various study Bibles but have gone to the original and find it even more wonderful.

Genesis is not a part of the bible proper.

It’s a remnant of a creation story that was passed down orally before either writing or the bible was born.

Lost a lot when it was written down. It deals with the creation of the soul and the manifest and unmanifest God. Very Hindu. And to be expected as Hinduism and Judaism are twin sons of different mothers. Both came upon the world scene at almost the same time.

x

Still, the course on The Teaching Company is very good. One of the lectures gives a date estimate of when it was written.

Spent a good part of the weekend listening to lectures from The Book of Genesis. He addresses your point very well. His name is Professor Gary A Rendsburg. The fact that for example the flood story had other sources doesn’t matter.