FAMILY NEEDS RENTAL HOUSE IN PRINCE RUPERT - where are they?

Hi,
We are a young family in Vancouver, BC, who have decided to move to Prince Rupert for April because of school and a desire for small town life close to nature. The problem is, we keep hearing that there are so many houses for rent in PR, but we can’t find any online and we don’t know anyone in town. Does anyone have ANY advice for us on finding a rental house? There has to be some listings somewhere…? Or maybe somebody owns one or knows someone who does? WE NEED A HOUSE WITH A YARD, PET ALLOWED AND AT LEAST TWO BEDROOMS (PREF. MORE. We have money for a Damage Deposit and first months rent (and last months, too if needed!) to hold it for April. Please help! My name is Jennifer and my husband’s name is Don. We have a 17mo. old daughter and would like to get a puppy. My email is Nixie5@hotmail.com. Thank You All! :smile:

I’ll check a few people out, Nixie5, and let you know ASAP. And, knowing some of these other HTMFers, they’re probably dashing off to their bat caves as we speak!

Welcome to the North Coast Jungle.

Try the DAILY NEWS!!!
Ive seen some good ones this week. Good luck!

Try the real estate agents…some of them are property managers too.
Royal LePage 1-866-627-7551
Realty Executives (250) 624-5800
Home Run Realty (250) 627-4663
ReMax (250) 624-4331

Good luck :smile:

Email Gordon Kobza(realty exec). He’s the one who hooked me up when I first moved here (property management business same office as his real estate) I wouldn’t trust that Chivers lady,(home run realty) on accounts of co-workers and their horrible experiences with her that culminated in binding arbitration .

nixie5, if you check your messages, I typed out the (For Rents) available in P.R.

:smiley:

I think nixie5 went AWOL after the hard time she got about the northern hick comment. I don’t think we’ll be hearing from her anytime soon.

I think she likes me. I don’t know how I’m going to break the news to her. I’ll try and let her down softly though.

Now, now, I didn’t go anywhere. It’s just that my computer is down so I need to go to the library to check my messages. Let’s leave my other post out of this. I simply stand for respecting wildlife, now let’s move on!
We are so appreciatinve to all who have helped us out finding a house, and are happy to say we have aa few leads, but could definatly use more options. We are looking forward very much to get away from the city and into the north, “hicks and all”. JOKING!!! :smiley:

Better have a muddy full-size pickup with empty cans rolling around in the back.

I’ll be sure to park it on the front lawn. We need a dog, too. Maybe a pitbill?

Also,

http://futurepam.com/albums/Jan-2006/IMG_0454.sized.jpg

There are some great and not so great areas to live, let us know what you’ve got an eye one (in PM’s if you wish to keep it private) and we can tell you if they’re dumpholes or not.

Hi All,
We are looking at a house in the middle of town on the side away from the water. What’s that area like? We are having so much troube finding a suitable rental place, though, that we are considering buying instead. Any advice?

[quote=“nixie5”]Hi All,
We are looking at a house in the middle of town on the side away from the water. What’s that area like? We are having so much troube finding a suitable rental place, though, that we are considering buying instead. Any advice?[/quote]

What’s the street name and the approximate block number? PM me if you want.

If you’re consittering buying a house, then now is the time to buy, since the prices and the lack of houses available is going to be immenent in the next 6 months to a year. Again, call those numbers happy apple gave you for information on purchasing a house

[quote]Royal LePage 1-866-627-7551
Realty Executives (250) 624-5800
Home Run Realty (250) 627-4663 <—phsyco crazy lady
ReMax (250) 624-4331 [/quote]

OMG smartass is a moderator. I’m glad I did you a photoshop fav!
:smiley:

PR Aerial shot.

http://www.globalairphotos.com/images/bc/prince_rupert/2001/prh2001_011.jpg

Another Shot

Nice shot, is that the Wile E Coyote cam?