Election?

So who’s running this election? Nathan will be NDP candidate, who will the others have running? Same losers?

Liberals : Maybe Don Scott . There is another chance meeting for Gabe Mclean, I my have spelt the last name wrong but Gabe is right.

Mike Scott-Conservative is running again instead of Andy Burton. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Miles Richardson get another crack at it as a Liberal. Although I’m not an NDP’er, I like Nathan Cullen.

fingahz…I gotta tell you, you have the most disturbing avatars in here.

Well, Orangetang’s was pretty graphic for a while before he put on the more toned down one. Why did you switch it, Orangetang?

Harper resurrects controversial gay marriage debate

Why I’d never vote Conservative in 1,000,000 years. Many issues facing Canada, here’s one of the very first announcements. All ahead backwards!

I can’t believe that gay marriage ever was, and still is, an issue.

I’m with you, herbie.

Day 1 and already Harper has already shot himself in the foot!

Sure, the Liberals screwed up with the whole sponsorship scandal but let’s see . . . rocking economy, allowing gay marriages, decriminalizing simple possession, more help for seniors, making a substantial commitment to improving the lot of Aboriginals . . . yeah, I’ll go with that.

The problem is the Liberals always run a shithead here. Rhoda Witherly mailed her campaign in all the time and the last candidate, Miles Richardson, did the same but with added arrogance.

If I were a betting man, I’d say Nathan rides again.

Nathan Cullen is the man for the job here, he has performed very well and he keeps an open line with issues. For Liberals who do they have hanging around this part, Miles Richardson is or would once again be a no show. This Mike Scott well that is scary stuff,if anybody knows his track record, read it carefully. Read Tyee with comparisons with Bush and Harper.Thats all we need.

Cullen is a good guy… very personable approach. Hes honest and hard working, and I’d definately vote him back in. Martin, I also think hasnt done a too shabby of a job (i love double negatives), and I like the fact that hes standing upto Bush. John Chretien bent over for Bush too much, and thats what put us into such a bad situation with the soft lumber disbute.

That is one thing I fear with a new government is further tying ourselves to the USA. That would be a very very bad idea especially the way their economy is going. In my opinion we should be distancing ourselves from them as much as possible, they are hated on the world stage and are headed for a collapse.

Oh the whole freedom/rights of the people thing down there is getting pretty damn scary too.

What Freedom and rights?

Exactly

Just wait for one of these days when the American people wake up in the morning, and finally realize that they were brain washed for the last 20 years.

They’re only gonna get better :smiley: … I have more

So, do you think that Canadians will wake up any sooner?

I woke up a few year ago, I dunno about you.

So what do you think about LOWERING THE GST ? Like, think about it and then post. Pretend you’re not totally Tory and your knees jerk every time Harper flaps his gums…
Is it good in the ‘big picture’? WHY?
Is it bad in the ‘big picture’? WHY?

I’m really interested to see if anyone remembers the concept of a GST.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]So what do you think about LOWERING THE GST ? Like, think about it and then post. Pretend you’re not totally Tory and your knees jerk every time Harper flaps his gums…
Is it good in the ‘big picture’? WHY?
Is it bad in the ‘big picture’? WHY?

I’m really interested to see if anyone remembers the concept of a GST.[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean when you mention the “concept” of GST. Its definitely increasing government revevnue which is what it was brought in to do. I will be voting for the Conservatives because of the way that the Liberals have been spending tax dollars. I love Cullen to death but I want this riding to be represented by the party that I would like to see in power. The Gun Registry has been a huge waste of money as well as numerous other things. I like Mike Scott and know that he will again be a better MP than Burton was.

I hope that the GST is brought down. We are all taxed to death whether it be property tax, GST, PST, income tax, capital gains tax. Of course they are different as they are either provincial, federal or municipal but when you see Adrienne Clarkson and her 50 person entourage touring the world at our expense and $1 billion+ into the gun registry then I think that money is being terribly mismanaged. Time to give some back to the citizens. Thats my postion in a nut shell.

As much as I make Communism jokes, what I’m basically after is for the government to just take all of my money, because I can’t be trusted with it.