Dear Data Boy

Exactly…
Attention needs to be brought to this and other issues that Herb refuses to deal with.
I still think that leadership(s) have gone to his head over the years and he has started to forget the “little people” …  Do something or my vote goes elsewhere Herb…

a few things, Do you know if Herb is not doing anything about the present issues? Just because he has not  talk to Rob does not mean that he is not worried about youth crime. Have any of you had council with him? Herb is not here to defend himself from the hearsay  and accusations so really its all just  rumors and such.

another thing is that the window was an accident, they did not intentionally break the window. shit happens. I mean its not like the window that was broke a few days latter at the jewelery store and stuff got stolen.  yes it was shitty it happened, and yes I see that we have a youth and vandalism’s problem.

the City does need to do something but why are they"council and Herb pond" accountable to Rob.  who down town made him  the spoke person for the down town business. I don’t remember a memo going out to all business that Rob will be our spoke person.
  The city needs to talk to Terrace and see how they were able to drop youth crime and vandalism  over the last few years.

I think that’s priceless, I’m gonna pass it along at our next Chamber meeting.

If I’m not mistaken the issue is about a city policy in which someone such as Databoy gets charged for a call out after so many alarms.  In this case DataBoy gets charged a call out even in the case that his front window is broken by vandals.  Obviously his measures are extreme.  I’m sure that that something has driven him to do this though.  Its probably that he has paid a crapload of money for alarm calls yet is still paying his insurance premiums and deductibles or for the new window directly.  On top of that he is paying $6000/ year in taxes to the city.  Yet the city is charging out X number of dollars for every alarm call. 

Also, if you see the above pics, Herb Pond has been invited to speak to the business owner.  It doesnt appear that he has shown up.  Maybe he’s too busy patting himself on the back for all of this cities good fortunes.  :unamused:

He has yet to address the issue of $5 million either.  Maybe it’s not a big deal to him.

Herb has nothing to gain politically by re-visiting this 5 million dollar error.  It has happened and there’s not a damn thing he can do to correct the error; he can only tighten the City purse strings and move on.  Herb hopes that most people will forget this come election time.

ok everyone… lets actually think about this for 2secs…
:unamused:

-Window got smashed
-Police came
-Caught the people
-Police inspector came back to follow up
-Girl came back, said sorry, it was an accident.

*Police did there job as police
*Girl did her job as a moral person
***Since when is it the mayors job to get involved???

If you have a problem with something regarding the City
:astonished: YOU :astonished:
are suppose to take it to City Hall.

City Hall does not come to your Becking Call.

If your really concerned about something heres what you do.

-Rally people together who feel the same way
-Isolate the problem
-Brain storm some solutions
-Present it to City Hall

Putting up a sign telling the Mayor to come down
so you can yell at him is just ridicules.

Its not constructive.
Its Backwards.

Its just a lazy way out.
Its hoping that someone eles will do the work for you.

The first window sign was funny and well put,
the second is just an insult to our brains and
our democracy

well the data boy dude sounds like a big baby to me. Theres tons of stores that have their windows broken, but their not whinning about it, they suck it up and go to city hall, the mayor aint your bitch dude, he’s not about to run to you just because you put up a piece of paper calling him in. It was an accident, i think its time you suck it up and move on, the windows fixed, the girls appologized, what more do you want…
not like there’s anything in your store to steal anyways, so why bother with an alarm…
RUN  I GOT A STAPLER!!!
lol :smiley: :laughing: :unamused:

Since it’s the mayor who has told the police to make traffic enforcement the priority in Prince Rupert.  Not youth crime, not drug offences, not vandalism, not downtown patrols.  Those are all secondary.

Seeing the effort the police put into catching people rolling past stop signs (ie: undercover operations with a bunch of cops!), maybe the mayor needs to tell the police to put this much effort into cleaning up downtown.

If you support traffic being the number 1 priority of police, then vote for Herb.  If you think the police should be doing something else as their number 1 priority, vote for someone else.

well, you have a good point.

now if you really want answers… then construct your
argument and present it to City Hall.

dont sit on your butt with a post on a forum
or a sign in your window and hope City Council
will stop by.

use your head…not your butt,  its embarrassing

You’re an absolute retard if you think there’s nothing in that store that’s worth stealing.  Seriously.

nothing worth the effort, if your going to go through the risk and trouble of breaking into a store for stuff, your not going to go to a worthless place like data boy, you can’t even go in there and buy what you may need  because they have NOTHING in there. lol.  :unamused:

And the last i remeber the “R” word isn’t politically correct…you ass

If someone put a sign in a window to attempt to humiliate me or bait me into their plan of how things should go I wouldnt give the assholes the time of day either, much less actually showing up and doing what the intimidation is intended to do. Rob should call herb himself, tell him his concerns, and ask him to walk over with him to have a look if that is so fucking important to him. Using public humiliation to force anyone to do something is guarenteed to have them ignore you, least thats the way I work, try that with me and not only will I not do what you want, Ill do something else that you dont .
    This approach while great for getting the general public on your side will most likely do nothing to entice herb to answer him, if getting herb to visit is what he really wants a phone call with an invitation would probably work alot better than to try to make a public fool of him and have him embarraced (SP?) into doing it. I am not defending herb in any way, I am just looking at it from the point of view if it was happeneing to me how would I respond, I wouldnt reply to those types of invitation either, and I doubt many of us here would. Rob, frustrated as he is, and he has a right to be, should use a little more respect with herb  if he wants him to do something for him, you want the guys you need service/favour from to like you, not begrudgingly doing it from public humillity.

While your points have some validity, the simple fact is if the “general public is not on your side” then the chances of you remaining mayor would be rather slim.

Simply stopping in to address a residents concerns isn’t that onerous a task I would think. In fact it may be rather proactive and would defuse what is clearly becoming a political liability…

It’s simply politics 101, don’t leave a taxpayer or voter annoyed for too long, lest he find fellow travellers in his anger…

I’m sure there’s plenty of valuable things in there to steal but you seem to be a little on the retarded side and probably wouldn’t know the value of said items anyway so I guess to someone who is obviously a little lacking in intelligence, it wouldn’t be worth the effort.

keep it up databoy!!! make the little pricks in cityhall stand and be counted. to long have the people there been above everone and everything, its time they see the little people for what they are! THE PEOPLE THAT FEED THEIR KIDS N BUY THE NEW GOLD RINGS FOR THE WIFE!! hey smash the windows out in cityhall and see if they come to you then! :imp:

Idiotic Retardo

Edit:

BTW, did anybody asked Rob if he actually tried contacting the mayor (or at least the council)? I mean if he did then there’s a reason why he posted those “see me Herb” posters on the store window.

I have to agree with kisses, My dad brought in the family computer, it had something on it; a virus I think. Anyways it was the first trip to a computer store, and he walked in and thought it was a stationary store. And thought twice about bringing  in the computer.
His reasoning was this. A computer store should have computers for sale and or parts or even remotely look like a computer store once you walk in. I think he then went to creative.

I walked in too buy some games and was told I had to wait a week, I then went to Creative they said two or three days and I seen on here people talking about Kaien Printers and she had the very game I was looking to buy. I go there as does my dad.

That old guy Rob is not very helpful.

I respectfully disagree.  I’ve been well treated by the good people at Data Boy.  I had a CD burner that failed on me after six months.  I bought the burner at Data Boy.  I couldn’t locate the receipt for the burner.  Rob replaced my burner for free even though he had no direct proof that I bought the burner from him.
Rob has my business.

I’m going to way in on this, Rob and staff have always been good, I have spent alot in his store, and  the staff have always been helpful with my questions. I know the computer business has changed over the years, the technology changes so fricken fast, as does the prices, and its that; why Rob most likely does not stock his store.
when Im in Vancouver I have gone to the computer stores and their store front is small but the back is huge full of boxes and such.

Rob has a big empty store with no stock, but he cant stock the store, like I said in the above paragraph. so you wait a few days.

I know Rob does well, and I’ll keep doing business there, but I also do business with Kaien Computers, and down south.

As for the window thing I think Rob and the down town merchants who want there voices heard need to go to town council.

Rob has every right to have the posters in the windows, but I do feel it takes away what he wants done…

Databoy is still in business and Creatives door are closed tight. Sure hope what ever you bought dosent break.