Dear Data Boy

Herb Pond is never going to stop by.  It’s time to take the signs down.

All the more reason to keep the sign up!!
Herb is too busy with Port Stuff to deal with common folks.

No, they made their point.  It’s time to take them down.

No, leave it up because people will think the issue has been delt with when it hasn’t.

Point isnt made, the mayor is just down the street and its not that difficult to talk to a city business, Part of the point is, the mayor doesnt have/want time to talk to business people of this community, All it would take (I would assume) is a lunch, or even a stop by and talk for a few minutes at least.

Exactly Herb has his head up in the clouds
I wish he’d come back down to earth and listen to all the “little” people
who voted for him.  This is a serious issue and unless things like this are taken seriously
than I intend to vote for someone else next time.

Some of us aren’t living in Rupert right now–what do the signs at Data Boy say?

Hey leave the sign up.  Herb is just making sure there is no more mistakes in the accounting .He will be by soon

Again, could someone please enlighted all of us not living in Rupert please? Unless of course you posted that without having actually read the signs.

[quote=“Firestorm”]
Herb Pond is never going to stop by.  It’s time to take the signs down.[/quote]

Databoy - be strong - stick to yer guns. I agree that taking the sign down would indicate that the issue has been resolved.

Only one year away from the next municipal election - you would figure that Mayor Pond would be more on top of this.

Databoy - a local business - suffered vandalism in the form of a broken display window. Not something the mayor should have to attend to on its own - but it is also one of many (times many) times that this business has had to pay for local RCMP responding to “false alarms” whenever the window gets bumpled. However, this happened the same day as the grand opening of the container terminal. Databoy is making a point of this - they pay extremely high property tax and want to know what the City is doing about the increasing vandalism in the city.

Of course, if my assessment is incorrect you will know where I am by the trail of flames…

Ah. Ok. In that case, the manager/owner (I seem to remember that it was the same person doing both) should go down to the next Council meeting. Simple as that.

Again, I’ll reiterate that the positions of Mayor and City Councillor are NOT full time positions and most of these people have other jobs outside City Hall. Yes, I have to admit that the Mayor doesn’t have another job, but that’s irrelavent.

If the people at Data Boy are serious about getting something done, they’d go to the meeting in a heartbeat.

[quote=“eccentric”]
Yes, I have to admit that the Mayor doesn’t have another job, but that’s irrelavent. [/quote]

Uh…I think that this is actually the point! How many times has he been right next door to Databoy - drinking coffee???

You are right that Databoy should present his issue to council in a formal way.

Exactly.

I’m a young person in town and I think this Rob guy is a big baby how old is he like 60.
I skate around and I have seen broken windows before, I don’t see other people having signs made up. I’m too  young to vote and I’m no Hollywood herb supporter. But why should he have to apologies for the window, he didn’t pay the girls to break it, did he. I think data boy should take their sign down it just makes them look like big babies.
Ohh I’m at the point when me and my friends skate past I might push one of them through the glass… “It was an accident officer, get Herb Pond to say he’s sorry for me ok…â€

No, seriously, leave it up.

And yes Rob should go to the council meeting too. It’ll be interesting how the Mayor and Council would actually respond.

Those of you wondering what this is about:

hackingthemainframe.com/smf/inde … l#msg92252

[quote=“金田 正太郎”]
I’m a young person in town and I think this Rob guy is a big baby how old is he like 60.
I skate around and I have seen broken windows before, I don’t see other people having signs made up. I’m too you young to vote and I’m no Hollywood herb supporter. But why should he have to apologies for the window, he didn’t pay the girls to break it, did he. I think data boy should take their sign down it just makes them look like big babies.
Ohh I’m at the point when me and my friends skate past I might push one of them through the glass… “It was an accident officer, get Herb Pond to say he’s sorry for me ok…â€[/quote]

Our mayor is FULL TIME but our councillors are not.

I also agree that Rob should either go to a Council meeting or make an appointment to see the Mayor and voice his concerns.  Then he would be sure that the mayor would actually be there and have to listen, although it might take a while until the mayor returns from his holida…I mean… out of town meetings!  :imp:

here are some pictures of the signs. I think Hays would be proud of his city

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Drastic times call for drastic measures.  Good on Rob for his signs.  If it wasn’t there we wouldn’t be talking about it and that’s just what needs to happen.  The public needs to be enlightened more over what happens at City Hall.  I think this is great.