Dave's Oyster Bar / Food Network in Prince Rupert

[quote=“StackedSports”]

Congratulations guys!! This is super exciting, and I will definately be a customer!! good luck[/quote]

Ditto..... hope the weekend went well with all the filming going on..... G'Luck

Yup. Just got home from the Crest.Looks the same as he does on the tube. Hes gotta be Italian.always talking with his hands.

sorry if I missed some info… when are they opening for buissness ?

I■ve seen the Chef. Seems like a nice guy.

One small negative thing I have noticed is that their store sign on the side of the building is about 3 or 4 times too small, you can barely even notice it or read it from the road…signage mistakes IMO is one of the biggest a new business could make. One would barely even know anything was going on in that building, a large sign on the side would certainly get better notice than what is there now.

Definetly excited to try out this new place though.

I think it is open for business now. Has anybody tried it?

Haven’t heard a peep about their new place not even while the Chef was here. It would be nice as there aren’t many ways anymore to announce anything that someone in the know inform us as to how they made out with the renos and what the Chef advised them to do. Only saw a small blurb on the news and that was it. Keep us in the loop folks, we are your future customers after all !!

[quote=“codybear933”]

I never knew you liked Oysters …lolYou go have a taste and I will go next door and check the movies.

[quote=“codybear933”]

Haven’t heard a peep about their new place not even while the Chef was here. It would be nice as there aren’t many ways anymore to announce anything that someone in the know inform us as to how they made out with the renos and what the Chef advised them to do. Only saw a small blurb on the news and that was it. Keep us in the loop folks, we are your future customers after all !![/quote]

Why don’t you just go down there and check it out for yourself. Just a thought or else you might never find out how it is from this site.

I’ve seen some reno pics on Facebook, and I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about the food and atmosphere so far!

I’m hoping to check it out this weekend, and everyone else should too. Just call ahead and make reservations though, just incase.

[quote=“smartass”]I’ve seen some reno pics on Facebook, and I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about the food and atmosphere so far!

I’m hoping to check it out this weekend, and everyone else should too. Just call ahead and make reservations though, just incase.[/quote]

Tell me what it’s like, I can’t walk or sit for very long. Let me know if there’s any food for non seafood eaters. (fish and chips counts in that)

[quote=“smartass”]
I’m hoping to check it out this weekend, and everyone else should too. Just call ahead and make reservations though, just incase.[/quote]

No I’m not going smartass .

[quote=“Justin Case”]

[quote=“smartass”]

No I’m not going smartass .[/quote]

She wasnt talking to you. LOL

Young couple from next door and friends were there for ‘date night’ on Friday. They left after appies…the music was so loud you couldn’t have a conversation. Asked the server if it could be turned down and the reply was ‘no’! Don’t know if the owners were there at the time but loud music is not drawing a card for any restaurant, let alone a new one wanting to build a customer base. Sure hope they can solve this problem as word is spreading!

The menu is posted on facebook. It sounds yummy :smile:

I was not impressed.
First, when the weather is cold, turn up the heat! I froze. I never took off my jacket and my hands and feet were freezing in there.
Second, I noticed the loud music…it was nice where we were seated but would be too loud near the speaker.
Third, my tea was cold. They must keep their tea and coffee mugs somewhere cold.
Fourth. The halibut my friend ordered came coldish. They offered to warm it up but then it would have been overcooked so she ate it cold. Her plate was covered in sweet potato fries, a dollop of cooked carrots and a big cold piece of fish…that was something like $27. You’ve got to be kidding me! For around the same price I had the clam linguine. It tasted really really good but again it was way overpriced. Had we ordered appetizers and alcohol the meal would have been completely unaffordable and unsatisfying.
Our waitress was good. I would actually fault her at being overly attentive. She bothered us a lot. I expect a visit from the server shortly after we have had a chance to try the food. After that, just make yourself available by walking by or staying within sight. You don’t have to constantly come and interrupt our conversation to ask if everything is going alright when you can see our glasses are still full and our food is half eaten. OK we gave her a good tip but she should tone that down.
I would not recommend this restaurant.

I love how there are references to the menu and details being posted on Facebook…without any links to WHERE on facebook. Apparently Dave’s Oyster Bar is in Florida…

…and so with some diligence and assuming there would be a typo, here’s the link… for Daves Oyster Bar (not Dave’s Oyster Bar): facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi … 7623863800

It’s too bad we are hearing negative comments already regarding the restaurant as Dave and Marika work so hard at every endeavour they have ever undertaken. It is hard to keep a new restaurant going, the majority go under within a few months so hopefully this won’t be the case. Maybe they will pay attention to the comments and do a little tweaking ! My fella took me to the Crest on Sat. nite and I had the best halibut dinner I have ever had, even dare I say, better than the Green Apple was ! Only problem was the server who kept coming over, a little too often, I felt I had to eat faster so she could clear the table ! Highly recommend the Crest for the halibut though and GREAT fries!

I hunted for it on facebook to and could only find the one in Florida at first because of the spelling error. I’m going to go check it out one of these days, but that little detail made me wonder if they’re paying attention to the other little details.