Covid-19 in Northern BC

Thanks for the kind words. Violent coughing, sneezing, chest congestion, fever, a sore thoat, a depressed appetite, and weakness. Not fun.

So weā€™re sitting at one case of Covid-19 here in Rupert. Stay safe out there people. I go shopping at Safeway early in the morning. Not many people mask up anymore.

The data at the BC centers for disease control is two weeks old for Rupert. It says there are no cases of Covid in town.

Rupert data

Two cases of COVID in town according to the latest data. Iā€™m still masking up. Not many Rupertites are.

Didnā€™t see a single 4x4 dragging a Canadian flag in the dirt at the Park or paradeā€¦

Six cases of Covid-19 in Rupert. Iā€™m masking up in stores.

Intended to wear one at Costco last week, but forgot as soon as I got out of the Jeep. Lots of people inside wearing masks.
In town, I know the nutcases. Iā€™m triple vaxxed so thereā€™s a possibility I might get sniffles. They might die. Their problem.
Freedom is you pay your money and you take your chances.

Iā€™m triple vaxxed too and patiently waiting for the 4th dose of COVID vaccine. You can get more than the sniffles from COVID. My wife and I caught it in April and we became very ill. I still have chest congestion that Iā€™m hoping goes away on its own; I will get it checked out if it does not. Like you I continue to mask-up even though I sometimes feel foolish doing so.

You shouldnā€™t. Iā€™m less cautious as I remember the 2 times I got a flu that lasted over one day. Gonna delay my 4th until they at least announce Iā€™m eligible. Or wait until September.
Iā€™ll mask up in PG at Walmart & Costco though

1 Like

I got a notification from the government that Iā€™ll be able to get my 4th shot in the Fall at some point. Iā€™ll be doing that. A buddy of mine tested positive on Monday here in PR.
The COVID numbers say we had one case of COVID last week. Who knows how accurate that is?! I continue to mask-up in stores. Not many people are masking up here.

Friends of mine are moving to Plague Central (southern Alberta) because of the ā€˜shittyā€™ medical care in these parts. Her anti-vax sister (whose had 3 bouts of Covid) and her anti-vax son (still affected by long Covid after 2 months in ICU with a tube shoved down his throat) and family and their redneck (drove soup & sandwiches to Coutts blockade) all live there. Along with the other kid nearby who canā€™t hold a job because Trudeau personally called all the mine and mill managers and ordered them not to hire him unless he got the jab.
A girl I know there in Tabor called, her Mom the local shit spewer told her thereā€™s mercury in the vax and thereā€™s only been 27 live births in the UK since Covid vaxes began, to tell me she was sick with Covid and her husband had just been admitted to the local hospital. My condolences.

Funny that my friends rushed to get the 4th jab themselves before going there. Iā€™m sure if theyā€™d not moved here 5 years ago they wouldā€™ve never got any,

BTW I think the shitty medical here is because no doctor will give a 6 month prescription for oxys like the one they go to whenever they ā€˜visited the kidsā€™ in Alberta.

Very grateful for medical science! My wife and I caught COVID on our trip to PG in April. I have some long term COVID symptoms, reoccurring chest congestion which I treat with an inhaler from time to time. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™d be dead if I wasnā€™t triple vaxxed when I got sick. I get my 4th shot on October 20th. Iā€™m also getting my flu shot soon.

My wife got her booster a week before she passed away from lung cancer, Iā€™ve avoided mentioning that to anyone since Feb.
You know how it is - that proves the vaccine killed herā€¦ etc. etc.