Covid-19 in Northern BC

Yes a shock, been a week since she passed and I’m feeling guilty for even feeling better than I did last week.
The son, no… every night for years I’ve watched the Vancouver news and my spine tingled mentioning the fentanyl deaths…expecting the phone to ring. It finally did.
I did however scream at some dirtbag in a jacked 4x4, giant Cdn flag dragging in the dirt circling the hospital. My daughter was also inside, she waited since last March for life altering surgery.

3 Likes

There were 40 cases of COVID-19 last week, a decrease of 24 cases.

There were 7 cases of COVID-19 in town last week. Good news.

There were 9 cases of Covid-19 last week, an increase of two cases.

Don’t need masks as of today. Can go lick doorknobs again!

1 Like

Heh. Yeah, for now I’m wearing a mask. The disease vector is still here albeit at a lower rate of infection. I’ll be curious to see what happens now that some people are waltzing about un-masked. In Safeway it’s a mixed bag, not everyone is masking up.

I didn’t wear a mask today at Safeway but I still try to keep some space between me and the people around me.

I hear you about social distancing I do the same thing. Also I try to shop at off peak hours. I acknowledge that I’m paranoid about infection; I’m still closely tracking rates of infection even though I know the numbers are likely inaccurate.

I’ve been away for a bit and just read this herbie.
Jaw dropped and felt ror your losses.
Very sorry to here.

Six cases of COVID-19 last week. Now that the mask mandates are gone I will be curious to see the case count next week.

Eleven cases of Covid-19 last week in Rupert. I’m continuing to mask-up.

My sister (nurse), brother in law (ex Hosp Administrator) and I went to dinner in Vanderhoof Monday. We got stares from everyone for wearing masks as we went in. Even staff were unmasked.
Went to dinner in Prince George Tuesday, got checked for vaccine passports, ID and the staff were all masked. As was everyone who came in.

2 Likes

There were three cases of Covid-19 in town last week. Good news.

Our case count was very low at three cases. We’re starting to go back up; the last count has us at 9 cases on Rupert. When I’m shopping most people are not masking up. I have no words.

Well, I finally got covid 5 days ago.

A lot of people in town were feeling ill last week, and many assumed was a bad cold or flu bug flying around since it was pretty chilly outside all week. Tested myself on Tuesday and it came back negative. 2 days later not only my “cold” symptoms didn’t go away, but I also felt a lot slower and my nose turned into a running faucet. So I took a rapid test again, twice for good measure, and sure enough I got covid.

So yeah, here goes my Easter long weekend. Please get tested everyone, rapid tests are free now. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cases went up again this week.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this, PLA. I hope your symptoms are mild. To anyone not fully vaccinated/boosted I suggest that you get your shots.

2 Likes

Northern Heath: “Are you double vaccinated?”
Me: “TRIPLE VAXXED”

Haha.

Thanks for your kind words, hitest. It feels worse than the flu, and the sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had. Least I didn’t lose my sense of taste and smell, so I guess my symptoms are mild for a really strange disease.

Be safe out there BTW. No mask requirement in most places means the bug is flying everywhere now.

PS: Definitely will get my forth shot when available.

2 Likes

My wife and I drove in from PG yesterday. We’re both sick and we are isolating. Our symptoms surfaced on the drive from Smithers to Rupert. I’m grateful that Safeway delivers food.

1 Like

I strongly suggest that you get fully vaccinated, plus the booster shot. I’m on day 4 of isolation and this illness is very unpleasant. I’m thankfully triple vaxxed. You really don’t want to catch this fricken thing.

3 Likes

What are/were your symptoms if you don’t mind me asking? I hope you feel better soon. I’ve been tripple vaxxed, instead of getting the booster in January they gave me a full dose.