Costco & Winners in Terrace Rumour

[quote=“codybear933”]
That’s awesome, good for them ! Something shiny and new to travel up and see !![/quote]

Nothing to see right now, just bare beams and a lot of construction garbage not to mention the massive potholes in front of the construction area.

[quote=“bthedog”]Talked to one of the contractors working at the Skeena Mall (half of it is blocked up and boarded off) and he said a London Drugs, Winners, Sport Chek and Wendy’s will be going in the mall.

Also, the entire mall is getting a huge renovation, including new front entrances and all the bells/whistles.[/quote]

Sounds legit. The last time I been to that mall it looks like it’s been stuck in the 1970’s time warp, and the only store that makes the mall a tad more modernized is Save-On-Foods. Sucks that Rupert didn’t get the same retail treatment, and at this rate I’m guessing the MOT would look at twinning highway 16. >.>

Officially, it’s Sport Chek, Dollarama, and Winners going into the newly renovated Skeena Mall in Terrace. That’s according to the Terrace Standard.

^Not London Drugs/Wendys?

WTF was the construction guy talking about then…

Good to hear about Winners, that is a great store.

Also I am pretty sure all of the Athlete’s Worlds are being converted to Sport Chek, so I wonder if AW in Terrace will be converted or shutdown or if this is a full SportChek like the one in PG.

Can you post a link, I can’t find anything on their website. Or was it only in the print edition?

Thanks.

Yup, print edition.

That was fast. Thank you.

Is Liquidation World still there? Looked like it was liquidating itself last time I was in Terrace. Or will that become the Dollarama?

It has been restocked as another company owns it now… Some of the new stuff is actally decent … Dollararma covers a whole other product in many ways…

I think it’s “Big Lots” now?

It’s still there, they actually seem to be getting useful things every once in a while now.

I was in Terrace today and enjoyed the 'real walmart" shopping … I was delighted to see how nice the Skeena Mall is becoming… They just opened a Bently and Winner’s will be opening at the end of April… I really like what they have done with the appearance of the Mall, which brings it up to 2013 from the 80s… The leather couches are especially nice…

People complain about anything that opens in Prince Rupert. Move to Terrace if you so love it there.

[quote=“Speedy”]

People complain about anything that opens in Prince Rupert. Move to Terrace if you so love it there.[/quote]

Like a lot of people I enjoy a day out, while the shopping is far better in Terrace, my home is here… Judging by the mall in Terrace I am not alone… it’s always nice connecting with Ruperites that I never see in our shopping places…

Well, the Rupert Wal-Mart is pretty much ruined by the same people who ruined Zellers. Otherwise not much different that the one in Terrace.

People do need a break sometimes… even if it means spending a tank of fuel.

[quote=“Speedy”]

People complain about anything that opens in Prince Rupert. Move to Terrace if you so love it there.[/quote]

It is always so humorous to me the way folks get so defensive and childish when someone makes a positive comment about Terrace. Bottom line is it is always nice to get out of here and Terrace has a hell of a lot more to offer than Rupert does plus they take more pride in what they do have and are open to new franchises. We are losing our only shoe store in the Mall and according to employees in the store, there are no plans in the future to open a new business there. This town is an acquired taste and for those of us who like a little more, we head on down the road, so what? You don’t like Terrace, then don’t go !! LOL Surprising to see how many Rupertites are sharing the shopping experience in Terrace though !

[quote=“PLA”]

Well, the Rupert Wal-Mart is pretty much ruined by the same people who ruined Zellers. Otherwise not much different that the one in Terrace.

People do need a break sometimes… even if it means spending a tank of fuel.[/quote]

There’s a big difference between our Walmart and the one in Terrace…content. We have a smaller version. Rupertites go to Terrace for variety. Shopping here is terrible. Fine for groceries and building supplies., Shoppers is good if the item is on sale otherwise they are fairly expensive. Its nice to get away for an afternoon to where you have a choice for shopping and eating. The Skeena Mall looks awesome, Rupert’s mall not so much.

Whatever you cannot get at our local Walmart store can be ordered online at walmart.ca/en with free shipping. They even ship furniture - beds, sofas, mattresses etc. for free to your door as well as any small item.

[quote=“Sir Ryan of Last”]I hear they are opening a container port in Terrace! It is said to be bigger than the one in Prince Rupert, and coming close to rival Delta Port down south!

… anyone else hear this?[/quote]

That must be the same group that is going to dredge the Skeena to make it deeper and safer for post-Panamax ships while providing ideal spawning channels for fish. Like a straight, wide, deep shot from Terrace straight to the Pacific.
Isn’t science wonderful?
lol

Really? “Awesome??” You are easily impressed. It’s brighter but it still just looks like one, long warehouse. It’s got no style whatsover. It looks better but that was easy to do.