Computars

Will Shames Mountain get snow?

• It’s pretty late in the season, if they’s ain’t opened already. (No)
  • Maybe they’s borrow some Snow Makers from Whistler. (Yes)
  • Fuck you Smithars!

0 voters

Could you blokes who are 1337-savy post links to good computar vendors. I need to start fantasizing about which computer I’ma buy when I come home from Vancouvar.

Links are go.

Mmm… G4 Goodness.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/218/wo/pW2OzG7DffoY24Y3fe2ePE9YoC0/1.3.0.3.27.21.1.3.19.3.1.1.0?24,10

Ya, you can be uber and get a computer instead of a car with that one.

OMG add on another $1,680.00 and have 880GB of hard drive space.
Add another $5,599 and you have a 23 inch flat panel.

Ok… you can see my creation here http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/218/wo/pW2OzG7DffoY24Y3fe2ePE9YoC0/3.7.0.3.27.1

All the bells and whistles… only $22 GRAND US.

HOLY CRAPPOLA

That computar’s stupid. Almost as much as you are, Dylan.

$26,042.00 to get everything.

Begone.

Oops… I never noticed the SCSI hard drives.

[quote=“Charles_T”]Could you blokes who are 1337-savy post links to good computar vendors. I need to start fantasizing about which computer I’ma buy when I come home from Vancouvar.

Links are go.[/quote]

NCIX
Dangeo

Dangeo > NCIX

But go to my site and click on the NCIX banner instead of clicking that link :smile:.

I could never understand why people buy $40,000 cars when they can get $10,000 ones.

Or why people buy $200 shoes when you can get $30 ones.

the quality comes with the price tag in many cases. Get a Yugo for like nothing, and die if you get t-boned, or buy a 5* safty rated vehicle, and have a chance at survival.

goto databoy and check out their selction… you can build you own custom built system there… the service is high quality, and the system are fully serviced. The prices are competable to ncix consitering you can get customer support.

I agree with joel, there price is basically… your price…from ncix… including shippin… maybe a lil bit more

but hey help ruper buisness’s

say its 249$ on NCIX for a 50lb thing… your lookin at like 60$ shippin…

so in total its 310 or so… so you probly end up paying 325/335
which aint bad…

Yeah, that’s my point. Then why do people always go for the cheapest computers possible?

I always try and buy a brand name. Dude, you’re not going to beat IBM for service, their website is the best support site there is.

Building your own computer is only cheaper if your time is worth nothing.

[quote=“MiG”]I could never understand why people buy $40,000 cars when they can get $10,000 ones.

Or why people buy $200 shoes when you can get $30 ones.[/quote]

Well with cars, i think its more a luxury thing… if i had the cash, id buy a 40,000 dollar car… or truck rather then a 10,000 second hand one… or whatnot…

more money = better luxury…

for shoes… i agree lol, i remember back in the day, i would get a pair of nike or somthing… 70$ or what not… and they’d fall apart so id get stuck with some zellers shit grade 3-4 exc and they lasted me for 2 years
lol

nowadays shoes are all close in price lol

people go for cheap stuff cause alot of people dont need top of the line

One reason to buy at Databoy:

when it screws up, you go down there and yell at them.

When the NCIX or Dangeo computer screws up, you’re out of luck. RMA, learn Cantonese, whatever. It’s a pain in the butt.

On the other hand, the warranty is only as good as long as the store is in business.

True… so everyone spend lotsa money at Data Boy and the warranties will stay alive. Unlike some OTHER stupid computer store who will remain nameless to protect the stupid idiots I don’t like.

That’s probably one good reason to buy a name-brand computer from Staples or London Drugs, Futureshop, whatever.

You could depend on a warranty then. And you have on-site warranty work available, 24-hour support help line, whatever.

Like I said, the last copmuter I bought was an IBM Brand thing, and it was just because of the support options available.

To me, paying $100-$200 more for no headaches is more important.

agreed!

[quote=“MiG”]I could never understand why people buy $40,000 cars when they can get $10,000 ones.

Or why people buy $200 shoes when you can get $30 ones.[/quote]

:unamused:

It’s all about the Brand Names, son.

You ain’t wanna be representin’ Venture when you’s could be pretendin’ that Volcom or LINE be Spanserin’ you! 8)

http://www.lineskis.com/buy/com_images/line.gif

I don’t like NCIX… they give you too many options and I feel that without knowin’ sompin’ aboot Motherboards, one could end up buyin’ a shit-stain MBoard that makes the rest of your hardware suck groin…

I got stoked on that Alienware Lap Top… but for some Reason I feel I’ma end up stickin’ with Delltron computars, seein’ as how I’ve got one and the only problem I’ve got is the frackin’ Win ME… oh, and one time there was a prollem with normal.dot… that cost me $30 Yankee to get it fixt… I won’t forget dealin’ with that Yank Skank… I still remember it like it were 1.5 years ago… that’s where I learnt about SystemRestore… acept it were 3 Months since the prollem had start…
[Don’t close Word with the X. Go to Files then Exit. If Word wants to change some stuff, just tell it to Fuck off.]

I ain’t know what a Dangeo are… but I’ll get the 411.

i personally like the build your own. so some times there are a headache or to but i like that for 2 reasons

1. i learn from my mistakes
  2. thats what makes computers fun ( its like buying a beeter for a car. you learn more about Maintaining it then you would bu getting a new car and letting the guys at the shop handel it)

yea, thats a good point, build your own is good if you want to learn things and the like.

Personally if I was in a bigger city I’d probably opt for something with a warrentee, but up here I don’t know if its worth it. You have to send your stuff down south whereever to get it fixed, etc. I’d rather just have a cheaper system, one that I can just open up and replace things in.