Christians seem to hate as much or more than the best of em?

Maybe he’s allergic to shellfish? And grass skirts.

The Lesbian Mother of All Protest Signs, even?

Interesting thread. I suppose as a Christian I should add my 2 cents. Although I grew up in a mainly Christian home and attended church as a child and youth, I became disenfranchised with the whole Christian world view (at least the world view as I knew it through media, etc). At this time many debates, especially around the issues of abortion and euthanasia were gaining attention. I decided that Christianty wasn’t for me, and I thought I’d give other philosophies a try. In the end, and after reading much (especially Viktor Frankl, who was Jewish not Christian and Thomas Merton, who was a Catholic Monk) I renewed my faith as a Christian. However, one of the ideas that I’ve learned during this journey is this: Christianity is open to many interpretations, however, those that use it as a shield to promote hatred towards any other groups are likely the furtherest removed from its true essence.

Well said.

Christianity is the Wal-mart of religions.

Ok, so I get thrown out and harassed because I had a “white pride” avatar and now someone posts a number of pictures depicting HATE towards gays, lesbians, and of all things… shrimp, and none of them are deleted? I just don’t understand this site. It’s ok for some to advocate hate and not others? My avatar didn’t even have the word HATE in it, but that’s an old topic I would rather not revisit.

How about the INDIAN in Squamish who is hanging a Canadian flag upside down on the front of his house with a gian SWASTIKA painted over the leaf? Uh, maybe if the guy ever went to school, he would’ve known that the Nazi’s would’ve shot his brown ass in a hearbeat and not even thought twice about it? Think about all the men who died so that this guy could sit on his ass on welfare and never have to go to war. Just piss on the graves of those who fought for YOUR FREEDOM, buddy. Fucking ASSHOLE!!! :imp:

fuck yea dumbass. those photos were posted not ADVOCATING or even agreeing with the message. they were posted to show how dumb people can be.

apply some critical thinking skills to the situation and its pretty obvious.

Oh right, 'cause you’re such a fucking genius and all. :unamused:

Alright, lets ‘throw’ this guy ‘out’ again. Clearly a dick.

First of all dumbass, I’m female, and second of all… what the fuck did I do? I haven’t done shit since my last “venture” so leave me the fuck alone!

[quote=“SUNDOWNER”]Ok, so I get thrown out and harassed because I had a “white pride” avatar and now someone posts a number of pictures depicting HATE towards gays, lesbians, and of all things… shrimp, and none of them are deleted? I just don’t understand this site. It’s ok for some to advocate hate and not others? My avatar didn’t even have the word HATE in it, but that’s an old topic I would rather not revisit.

How about the INDIAN in Squamish who is hanging a Canadian flag upside down on the front of his house with a gian SWASTIKA painted over the leaf? Uh, maybe if the guy ever went to school, he would’ve known that the Nazi’s would’ve shot his brown ass in a hearbeat and not even thought twice about it? Think about all the men who died so that this guy could sit on his ass on welfare and never have to go to war. Just piss on the graves of those who fought for YOUR FREEDOM, buddy. Fucking ASSHOLE!!! :imp:[/quote]

It seems your one of those people who take the paper, look at the pictures and throw it out because it doesn’t satisfy your needs well enough because there isn’t some white pride people marching around like idiots.

If you were to read this whole thread you would notice that I was indeed showing how stupid people can be.

[quote]Making this thread makes me want to fucking puke.
Or take a gun to these haters.

I guess that makes me no better.

And is it weak of me to want to ride a rocket away from this place?

Why can’t we all just get along?[/quote]

Next time look at something other than the pictures so that your not looked upon as a dumbass.

Why can’t we all just get along? What, are you 6?

Because it looks like you really do want to get along, right?

because you’re a moron with shitty comprehension.

I’m not here to make friends, or to babysit any of you and tell you lovingly that the world is an awesome place and that everything will be fine. Everything is NOT alright, the world is NOT fine, and we’re NOT all gonna get along all of the time!

PS: Screw the American’s; don’t give them shit - especially not our bud!
If they want to be free enough to enjoy the hooka, then they
shouldn’t have re-elected BUSH!

yea, way to answer our concerns about you drawing parallels between having hate material as an avatar vs. someone posting how people who hate are dumb.

Ah, but that’s where you’re wrong. My avatar advocated a hate group, and those pictures are of people who are advocating hate. Neither are directly in themselves offensive, but both are representing of a hate group. So yes, they are similar. My avatar offended people, and those pictures may be found to offend people too. Whether or not the pictures were meant to directly advocate hate, they still might be offending to some people.

yeah, but the point of those pictures was to bring attention to the retardedness of some people. your avater carried no such message. if those pictures had been posted without the comments then a parallel could have been drawn.

http://www.zipworld.com.au/~josken/shepard2.jpg

Ugh how are you not getting this ? The pictures were posted because as its been stated to you time and time again they were to show the close-mindedness of some christian people, why are you even in this discussion ? If the pictures offend you than maybe you shouldn’t be in this thread at all if you did not actually understand the message I was trying to make, even though its been stated to you more than once.

Your right we’re not gonna get along all the time but one thing is for sure you won’t get along with anyone on these forums for a long time. To put it plain and simple for you

[size=24]PLEASE LEAVE![/size]

Read: crazy

Most of us get along but you just can’t seem to accept opinions different than yours. Why did you have to bring back the avatar thing? You were out of line and you should have just back down on this one instead of fighting. Pick the right fights. And you’re choice of language ( four letter words mainly) leads some of us to think that you are the one who is below 13 years old and you just discovered that swearing gives a false sense of maturity.
Grow up will you!