Carnival prices

I walked to the Carnival on Saturday afternoon with my children and when leaving the area we had to walk by a few of the carnies motorhomes. There was a very strong smell of pot coming from several of them. I don’t really care what they do on their own time but these are the people who are at the controls of what I would consider to be “heavy equipment” while my children are on them. Maybe not that big of a deal but it makes me a little uneasy knowing that some guys who are fried out of their mind are controlling the equipment and interacting with my children. These guys just feed the carnie stereotype.

Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Tis not the pot you should be worrying about, its the other stuff they do,                  like heroine and coke, not to mention that there a bunch of crooked low lifes that couldn’t get a job any where else.  Go figure everyone brings there kids down to let there lives be at the hands of theese low lifes!

Be afraid, be very afraid, I have not gone for many years and will not, for all the reasons mentioned here, I try to encourage my children to do the same, although they make all their own choices now.
If you frequent the Aquatic center, you may want to to reconsider entering the hot tub until it has been emptied and re-filled again as well… LOL  Guess where they’ve all been bathing for the last 3 days.

eww

Nasty 

o.o

That was last year–the video was posted on here at the time. The carnies were not at fault.

they should bring back the travelling freak shows .  :imp:

I think its nice the carnival still comes to town. Gives us something different to do with our kids. i wouldn’t worry to much about how unsafe it is, actually I think they have a pretty good track record folks.

I called the cops yesterday afternoon, around 3:30, 'cause a fight was happening behind the carnival, (close to Mens field).  I was too far away (parked close to PRSS by the ladies field) to see if anyone really got injured.  The people and the crowd could see the cops coming from afar, and they scattered before the cops were close enough to really do/see anything.  I don’t know what happened after that.

Weird I was close to the mens field at that time didn’t see any action lol dammit I missed it.

They did.  It’s called West Coast Amusements.

I saw an ad in the Daily Snooze re the carnival it stated wrist bands were $28 with donations of min 2 cans to the food bank. My kidlet and 3 friends went … it was $35 the cashier said it was not until Sunday.  I did not see that posted anywhere.  Yes they got their monies worth from noon - 8 pm but its the point…!

My kids have never been allowed to attend that horror show…it just offends me that they charge that outrageous price for those rides held together by shoelaces and coat hangers and run by a bunch of ex-cons and bikers when you can go to a real theme park for LESS.

Discovery Kingdom Vallejo by San Francisco(Six Flags) - Buy your tickets online and everyone pays the kids price of $29.99. Plus, you can print your tickets at home and go straight to the gate.

Even Playland in Vancouver - One-Day PlayPass (Guest over 48â€

Yup we pay more because we live farther north!!

Isn’t the carnival some form of fundraiser?

Swim club fundraiser, but I think they should have chipped in for the City to pay for all the clean up in the civic - 500+ people using the washrooms each day, carnies using the facilities to bathe etc. totally disgusting and the poor lady in there was totally overwhelmed, plus the extra garbage and cleaning, hope they do cover some of the cost.

Do you really think there a bunch of bikers n ex-cons. I’m sure most of them our pretty decent people with loving family’s just cause your not in there line of work.
Yeah so go out of town to a theme park then let me no the cost of the trip thanks  :smiley:

its part of the cost working at the civic centre . they are paid to clean bathrooms etc :unamused: