Canpotex: Notice of Public Meeting

No real surprise I guess. North Van has a Conservative MP and a Liberal MLA, and amazingly they get 400 mill in grants for upgrades in infrastructure in that riding. Makes a person wonder what kind of money we would get if we voted for at least one of the governing parties because i have a feeling that having no politician on the right side of the table is hurting this community

How do you figure that Neptune got $400mil in grants?  I think you need to learn how to read and possibly do a little research before you run around like Chicken Little. 
The Fed’s kicked in $75 million, the Province kicked in $62 million.  Of that government money, none went to the Canpotex project at Neptune and none of these projects are new developments.  The money was divided up into five road realignment and rail crossing projects.  Here’s a link if you want to read the summary of each project (www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_release … hment1.htm)

Sorry there mr cranky pants. I never said the grant was for Canpotex either, I said it was for infrastructure in that riding, so maybe we could all learn to read a little better.
The governments is kicking in 137 out of 260 mill for infrastucture to improve access to their terminals. Not sure how much a new facility at Ridley would cost but I am sure Canpotex would have to kick in much more than the 37.5 mill they will be putting out now.

Nothing to do with who our government reps are…and EVERY thing to do with the stance the local natives took,can’t say I blame Campotex.

There is going to be something in the daily news about this hopefully by the end of the week. Canpotex is apparently saying the money for North Van is not part of the decision to build in Prince Rupert. I kinda think they have made their decision to go with North Van, but hopefully I am wrong and at least there is still hope.

LOL, later in the week, well that’s the cutting edge of breaking news, at any rate, Northern View has an update from the perspective of Mayor Jack who apparently feels all is still on track so to speak

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … Mayor.html

Thank you Podunk for pointing us in the correct direction with the Northern View. They don’t call it the Daily snooz for nothing… :unamused: Imagine how many rumors we would have made if we had to wait for them.

Yeah, and I heard that the H1N1 vaccines will only be send to those same ridings, that have a Conservative MP and a Liberal MLA. That way they get rid of all those NPDlers and we’ll have a majority government after the next election.

Updated story with a statement from Canpotex on the situation…

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 95167.html

theglobeandmail.com/report-o … le1336973/