Candle Light Vigil November 26, 2012

Who is the board ? names , positions , who is chair who is vise chair ? It is important to know who the players are , criminal records ? So no tax number to date , will there be one for donations ? Yes government paper trails are hard to do at times but if one is seeking funds , believe me that number sure plays an important role. So what if some suit wishes to see the books , then who is able to open them if there is a demand for such ? You omitted the address if any of us decided to go visit the cats if we are interested to foster . If there is no address or location , why was this not put in place in the beginning ? Alicek , I do not mean to sound hard on you but some of us believe that these are questions which should be addressed .

Don’t let anyone intimidate you about the details. This is not a corporation and eventually the details will come together. Until then, anyone donating to Cannery Row, will be doing it out of the goodness of their heart & bless them for that. What goes around, comes around but for you, it will all come together … in the meantime, you absolutely ROCK. God bless you for your commitment, dedication and kind heart.

My points and questions are very important and I would like to hear from the nice lady that I asked in the firt place . Somebody will be asking these same questions believe me . You never know when Big Brother is watching .

Good God! 3458 Views, 62 replies and counting, on the topic of feral cats?

HTMF may have found its core audience/

[quote=“Smurfette”]Good God! 3458 Views, 62 replies and counting, on the topic of feral cats?

HTMF may have found its core audience/[/quote]

watch out when the “crazy cat ladies” or cat people mobilize…a very powerful group…hopefully the candle light vigil doesnt get violent or in the very least doesnt get “catty”

Has it honestly come down to needing something in return for doing a good deed? If you truly cared at all about the situation, you would have been motivated to figure this stuff out by now. The SPCA is not a difficult place to contact if you want to be involved with the welfare of local animals.

[quote=“mcsash”]

[quote=“Smurfette”]Good God! 3458 Views, 62 replies and counting, on the topic of feral cats?

HTMF may have found its core audience/[/quote]

watch out when the “crazy cat ladies” or cat people mobilize…a very powerful group…hopefully the candle light vigil doesnt get violent or in the very least doesnt get “catty”[/quote]

I find it disturbing that people are so disrespectful towards those who are putting out so much effort towards a good cause.

spca.bc.ca/news-and-events/n … ridge.html

Well said McSash . You have not changed in 30 years.

That is great with Maple Ridge but they also have a Cat Bylaw:

mapleridge.ca/assets/Default … 6-1999.pdf

"Penalty:
19) Any person who contravenes the provision of this By-law is guilty of an offence and on summary conviction
is liable to a fine of not more than $100.00. "

Should the strong effort towards a good cause “prove” to be successful in tapering off the feral cat problem in this city, I’m confident those efforts would be met with more people willing to jump on board and help. Personally, after reviewing this thread, I cannot see the problem getting any better, regardless if there is a candle light vigil or not.

If someone has 25 cats in their home yet cannot afford to feed them, HOUSTON? We have a problem~!

We can only do so much, if everyone else is waiting around to see results before they bother to offer their help then what good are they?

I don’t think everyone is waiting around to see results, I think they would just like a little insight as to the projection the group is trying to achieve. i.e. is the projection going to help the feral cat problem? If so, how will it? So, lets hypothesize here for a minute… lets say this organization gets a hand out from Capital Hill in the amount of $50,000.00 dollars. Are the citizens of Prince Rupert going to see fewer feral cats? I guess what I’m trying to figure out, is, will the “cause” eliminate the problem that so many are concerned about?

If you read my post from earlier on, it says that it will not outright solve the problem, but it is a step in the right direction. Nothing will happen over night if that is in fact what you are insinuating?

I realize that this wont happen overnight and I do tip my hat for the strong efforts put forward in attempting to rectify or curtail our feral cat problem in the city. I just hope that this time next year, the problem hasn’t quadrupled.

This video if from American Bird Conservancy. It is worth watching in there view of the TNR program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fvN7FNUPas

Speaking of bad for birds:

theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill

I believe the hopes for this program is so that eventually the population will decrease slowly but surely over time, not to maintain the population.

I have seen this and many other videos like it saying that the cats are “bad for the birds and hurting the population”. With Rupert only covering a small portion of the massive amount of forest around us…I doubt very much they are having a negative impact on ANY of the bird populations here. The mice and rats, however, will be concentrated in the downtown core and residential areas; which is where the feral and stray cats are, who in turn “do control” the rodents!! The birds are NOT threatened here…look around at the massive amount of forest surrounding the city and on the un-populated islands around us. The cats are not a threat to them.

Yes, I think they go over the top on the birds but they bring up some good points.

1. These feeding stations become a place to drop your cat when you don’t want them.
  2. People don’t want feeding stations in their neighborhood.
  3. They say let’s not have Trap Neuter Release and instead Trap Neuter and Relocate. Something that maybe is in the direction that you want in your Sanctuary.