Canada Sucks

http://www.hoshq.com/georgesays.jpg

Why do we suck? Even tiny Australia with ten million less people has 16 medals and we only have one!

haha… did he really say that or are you super imposing that?

that would be hilarious if he said that though.

Canada would rather spend their tax dollars on health care, and making the rich people richer, than pour millions of dollars into the athletic system. The US spends far more than any other country developing their athletes, so it’s natural that they would kick our butts.

If Canada had the Thorpedo… we’d have more than one lil bronze.

i wouldnt deny that. :\

its crazy how much a basketball player gets a year. and he plays a child’s game to get it. ahhhhhh the american dream

[quote=“smartass”]Canada would rather spend their tax dollars on health care, and making the rich people richer, than pour millions of dollars into the athletic system. The US spends far more than any other country developing their athletes, so it’s natural that they would kick our butts.

If Canada had the Thorpedo… we’d have more than one lil bronze.[/quote]

Sure, compared to the US, but Australia? Their government spends money fairly similar to the way ours does, and yet they’ve got the third highest medal total.

Or how about the Netherlands? We’re nearly three times the size of them, and they have nine times as many medals.

Why are we judging the quality of the athletes per capita? If the fastest runner in the world resided in Sri Lanka, would that be unheard of for that country to take gold in the event?

By that logic, China should win everything!

Soon to be India though the scientists predict.

i’ve heard that many of the canadian athletes are performing at their best (eg setting personal bests, breaking canadian records). so they arent doing tooo bad i think.

We also have the smallest olympic team from canada in our history of olympics.

Besides… we have 2010 to train for, why spend money on greece.

Actually, they are winning!

Canada DOESN’T suck. Traditionally we, as a country, have always done better at winter sports. I do however think there is room for improvement. I’ve heard that the government gave 30 million to help support the athletes, however, only around one million had been spent prior to the summer games. Obviously it should have all been spent prior to the games, for example paying for good coaching (so they don’t need a second job to pay their bills, etc.).

If our athletes are really that good, they should be able to get corporate sponsorships to support them.

Canada is not doing well in certain sports because our athletes are clean. We have the cleanest team because nobody wants a repeat of Ben Johnson. No matter what people say, the others are not clean.
Here is an example. Genevieve Jeanson is one of Canada’s best cyclist. She wasn’t selected for the Olympics. Why? My guess is two things: She wasn’t a team oriented athlete and, in the last year, she had an EPO blood level way higher than normal. Despite here denial of blood doping, I think officials didn’t take any risks.
As for personal best, the canadian swimmers are not performing at that standard. Maybe they have to seriously rethink their training. Swimming medals will be harder and harder to win because of doping. Canadians can only hope that their swimmers perform at their peak at the olympics. If it doesn’t happen, then preparation isn’t adequate (physical and mental).

Only alberta can afford such a thing

[quote=“BigThumb”]Canada is not doing well in certain sports because our athletes are clean. We have the cleanest team because nobody wants a repeat of Ben Johnson. No matter what people say, the others are not clean.
Here is an example. Genevieve Jeanson is one of Canada’s best cyclist. She wasn’t selected for the Olympics. Why? My guess is two things: She wasn’t a team oriented athlete and, in the last year, she had an EPO blood level way higher than normal. Despite here denial of blood doping, I think officials didn’t take any risks.
As for personal best, the canadian swimmers are not performing at that standard. Maybe they have to seriously rethink their training. Swimming medals will be harder and harder to win because of doping. Canadians can only hope that their swimmers perform at their peak at the olympics. If it doesn’t happen, then preparation isn’t adequate (physical and mental).[/quote]

cool post.

Canada should just genetically modify all its players.
muahaha

It’s the filthy European water. Like swimming through SAE 10/40.

#1172 Official Book of Sporting Excuses
by Harry Neale, Marc Crawford & Pat Burns

We now have Silver in Women’s Trampoline.

Sounds like the Man Show.:

“And now…Girls on Trampolines!â€

Canada is offically losing at an alarming rate, our strongest event, rowing, we had 4 boats going in, and 4 boats losing. I don’t htink we are going to look so hot, at least theres hockey in two weeks