Canada Sucks

2 weeks is too long… especially where i work… eugh…

actually mens 4 won silver

Has Canada ever done well in the Olympics?
If there was more money being spent on our athletes’ training, we would have a better chance. I bet that there are many liberal MPs that have an all inclusive trip to Athens paid for, just to stick the Canadian flag on their asses and act important.
Normally I rarely watch television. But being a rainy Saturday in boring little Kitimat, I decided to flick through the channels, only to discover how poorly our country is doing, as usual.
Hey atleast our country is still involved and atleast try their hardest despite hardly being funded by are twisted government.

( One more thing: beach volleyball in the Olympics is pure genius.Hot men and women jumping around in the sand. 8) )

We’ve been going downhill ever since we broke the 100m world record in 1988.

Kyle Shewfelt won gold in the floor event in men’s gymnastics. This was the first time ever that Canada won a metal in this sports. I still think Canada is one of the best countries to live in, even if we don’t win tons of Olympic metals.

Dave is right. We may suck at running, swimming, throwing things, and

jumping around in tights but we still kick ass at hockey. And thats what

counts.

We won Gold in Men’s Artistic Gymnastics:http://www.cbc.ca/story/olympics/national/2004/08/22/Sports/gym_eventfinals040822.html

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/shewfelt_kyle040822.jpg

And according to this… : athens2004.com/en/Participan … =ATM015202 …Canada was at its best in 1984.

Well, Canada isn’t doing that bad if you look at it as medals per capita. To make things relative, if Canada were the size of the U.S we would have closer to 20 medals.

That argument can backfire, if you go the other way. If we were the size of Australia (who has 32), then we’d have only 3 medals.

Just face it: Canada Sucks!

Hoshq, with an attitude like that why do you live here? You’re here because Canada is a wonderful place to live. Canada isn’t perfect, but to say it sucks. A little harsh don’t you think?

Getting friendly with Bush could do that to a man.

[quote=“Dave”]

Hoshq, with an attitude like that why do you live here? You’re here because Canada is a wonderful place to live. Canada isn’t perfect, but to say it sucks. A little harsh don’t you think?[/quote]

The topic is the Olympics. Regarding everything else Canada is indeed great.

[quote=“Dave”]

Hoshq, with an attitude like that why do you live here? You’re here because Canada is a wonderful place to live. Canada isn’t perfect, but to say it sucks. A little harsh don’t you think?[/quote]

We weren’t talking about living in Canada. It is really obvious that we live in one of the greatest countries, regardless of how many people our government trains like animals to win them medals.

How many athletes does Canada have compared to the U.S.A?

Friends, friends, calm down! Hoshq, you named the thread Canada Sucks, maybe you should have added “at the olympics” to avoid confusion.

I think that Canada’s best results weren’t in 1984 but in 1996 (22 medals). In 1984, there was the communist boycott so the USSR and the GDR weren’t there. In 1996, pretty much everyone was there.

If we compare Australia and Canada in the last six olympics, we notice that the Australians have only really out-performed our team in the last two.
Why?
Answer: The developpment of the Australian institute of sports! After Montréal (1976), the Aussies decided that their olympic team wasn’t going to come back almost empty ended anymore. The 1996, 2000 and 2004 results are a sign that the AIS has succeeded. Oi! Oi! Oi!
Medal totals
Country CAN AUS
2000------14----58
1996------22----41
1992------18----27
1988------10----14
1984------44----24
1976------11----5
total-------119–169

However, we are talking summer olympics only. If we look at the Winter olympics, since 1976, Canada has won 66 medals (45 in the last three) while Australia, 4 ( all in the last three). So the overall olympic medal count since 1976 is:

Australia- 173 and Canada-185.

WE RULE! Eh! Well, it’s pretty even. Yes, the Aussies don’t have our winter but we don’t have their perpetual summer either!
But it is true that this year, our athletes are not performing like they should! Probably too hot in Athens. A hail storm would have helped!

That was a fun way to waste my time!

nah you’re just getting your elite research skills all honed up for the upcoming school year

OH SNAP NIGGAS! I SAID IT !! SCHOOL YEAR!! AHAHAHAHHAHHH

Also take a look at the heat and altitude. It makes a HUGE difference in how an athlete performs.

We are built for winter olympics, not pansy ass summer olympics, only good thing about the summer olympics is the beach volleyball, and the pocket hercules competition.
(yes, 4 foot tall people lifting 300 pounds is funny to watch)

[quote=“Alpine Scrub”]nah you’re just getting your elite research skills all honed up for the upcoming school year

OH SNAP NIGGAS! I SAID IT !! SCHOOL YEAR!! AHAHAHAHHAHHH[/quote]

Well at least my research skills are well above my photoshop skills! I play with photoshop but there are lots of things that still elude me. When do you give lessons?

School year? I wonder if t-bone is ready?

I’m always ready. Maybe not looking forward to it, but I’m ready.

what is this “school” you speak of?

The word brings gray feelings to my body.