Canada day fireworks

As I already said, you know nothing. These are only the fires I can remember offhand, the crab plant, which was on the site where the pellet plant will be, the epicurean, the Elizabeth apts, the old CN dock, the old civic centre, the savoy hotel, the old Rupert hotel and the place across from there where TJ’s was, and the old Royal to name a few, and these were not covered in highly flammable dust.

So what does all these have to do with fireworks that happened to take place a few times every year?

And stop hijacking this thread to complain about that pellet plant. There’s a thread for it, but you’re so much of a nutter and a retard that you decided to go to this thread instead. Maybe the debate on the other thread is too much for your narrow logic.

Oh geez really…these fires weren’t caused by firework’s so they don’t even belong in this forum…what about the firework’s that happened in Burrard Inlet last nite in Vancouver, there is industrial around that area, including the grain elevator’s, maybe not as close, but you can pull the firework’s barge further out here if need be. We don’t need to worry about grass fires we live in a rain forest. As for the time big deal it was only one night. Talk about anal.

one word…

asshole.

Is this topic for real? What is wrong with fireworks twice a year, if that, weather permitting? The other poster who mentioned that we don’t have much here is right so why can’t we enjoy the efforts of those who tried to give us a little taste of Canada Day celebrations? I didn’t happen to go this year but I have to assume many did and WITH their children who look forward to it every year just as we all did as kids. To be pissed off because your child is awakened at 11:30 by loud noise, so what? Like it never happened before for any other reason, get over it! AND, do you remember where we live, it is light until 11PM. Fireworks in daylight, loses something in the translation and I think you must have more issues than you had to spend an hour getting your kid back to sleep. Tough being a parent huh? Get over yourself and move on !!

[quote=“spitfire”]

Actually, SOME people enjoy the fireworks that are put on by special events twice a year. Just because you aren’t one of them, doesn’t mean others don’t. You might want to pull your head out of your rectal cavity, and realize there are more people in this town than you. You’re almost as bad as Hissyfit… You’re both nutters…

by that same token, you should realize that there are people in this town who don’t approve of fireworks after 11PM. but because my opinion is different then yours I’m “nutters”? Glad to see just how narrow-minded you are.

BTW our “special events society” breached municipal by-law 2430 last night[/quote]

LOL, did you even read that PDF? Or did you just put that up because you thought it would make you sound right? Read the part about exceptions…

I’m sure the PRSES obtained the proper permits…

2.3.5 the creation of noise, whether intermittently or continuously
created, is limited to, in total, 48 hours or less duration; and
2.3.6 the noise cannot be muffled by the person creating it at
reasonable expense, or, such noise is created for the purpose
of displaying wares, fireworks, celebrations or other similar
activities; and
2.3.7 the creation of noise cannot be limited to the time span of
between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on the same day on any day
that it is created.

I dont live there anymore so I dont really care one way or the other, but I do understand both sides. Myself I dont care about fireworks they are boring and they are incredibly expensive. I remember some years the city spent 30-40K for a half hour of entertainment, for a city with the $$$ sure why not some people really like them but for a city that cant fix its roads isnt that a foolish expence? The biggest complainers of the state of rupert’s infastruture seem to support the fireworks wouldnt the 40K be better spent fixing something?
Doesnt matter the city didnt finance them, whomever did could have fixed a park or bought new swings or a slide for a park, ya know something that lasts more than a hour. Fireworks are incredibly expensive entertainment great if ya got the spare $$$ but for any organization to piss that kind of $$$ in a town so broke it cant afford to fill potholes I cant help but think there must be a better use for that same $$$ no matter who’s $$$ it was.

I’ll leave this here:

prspecialevents.com/Page4.html

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

[quote=“spitfire”]

; and
2.3.7 the creation of noise cannot be limited to the time span of
between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on the same day on any day
that it is created.[/quote]

And he called me an idiot.

Kettle black.

[quote=“ChrisJ”]I dont live there anymore so I dont really care one way or the other, but I do understand both sides. Myself I dont care about fireworks they are boring and they are incredibly expensive. I remember some years the city spent 30-40K for a half hour of entertainment, for a city with the $$$ sure why not some people really like them but for a city that cant fix its roads isnt that a foolish expence? The biggest complainers of the state of rupert’s infastruture seem to support the fireworks wouldnt the 40K be better spent fixing something?
Doesnt matter the city didnt finance them, whomever did could have fixed a park or bought new swings or a slide for a park, ya know something that lasts more than a hour. Fireworks are incredibly expensive entertainment great if ya got the spare $$$ but for any organization to piss that kind of $$$ in a town so broke it cant afford to fill potholes I cant help but think there must be a better use for that same $$$ no matter who’s $$$ it was.[/quote]

One show costs $5000, which includes shipping and insurance. I wish we had $40,000.

ROTFL…

Btw:

INB4THEDELETE

So our shortened display was due to one backfiring in the mortar and one of the volunteer firefighters got hit in the leg.
The ambulance was returning from a call and took a while to show up. The emergency was closed, and on the way to Vanderhoof the ambulance hit a moose.
Typical Fort St. James clusterfuck. Everything is like that, all of the time here.

And I have also wondered when one of the people here who live in the apartments across from the park would complain about the fireworks.
They’re noisy, they don’t start until 11:00, they’re every July 1st and I shouldn’t have to pay tax dollars for them.

Ah fuck you, you cheap, unpatriotic old curmudgeon. Move to Communist China we don’t want your kind polluting the gene pool.

A man enters a pun contest in his local newspaper.

Hoping he’d win he sends in 10 different puns.

Sadly, no pun in-ten-did.

.>

<.<

A Higgs boson particle goes to church. The priest says Higgs bosons are not welcome. The particle answers " If I leave how will you have Mass?"