Canada day fireworks

Just curious what time the fireworks start at tonight? someone said 11:30 but sounds kinda late. Anyone know? thank you in advance. :smile:

11:15

Northern View said “weather permitting” !! Is it still raining?

11:15 c’mon now fireworks maybe earlier but my kids r sleepin

11:15? What caused them to take place so late? Fireworks are generally loved by kids. Who is taking thier kids to a fireworks show at 11:15?

Keeping childeren in mind is prolly a good idea…i think first on there mind is weather??? maybe light conditions??? Hmmmmm??? Maybe??? Good show BTW…thanks to all involved!!!

Good job to all involved…BIG THANKS!!!

Yeah, the sheer number of people that trampled into 7-11 at 11:15 - 12:45 was astonishing.

… damn fireworks.

It doesn’t get dark till 11.

Who wants to watch fireworks in daylight. I’m sure it wont harm children to have ONE late night.

I would assume that they did it this late because it’s still light out until 11pm. I don’t recall ever seeing fireworks when the sun was still up.

Fort St. James was a disaster. About 12 fireworks shot off, then a whole rack fired directly into the water in front of the launch area. Everything stopped.
About 15 mins later, the Fire Chief took off sirens blaring. Came back 5 minutes later, siren on. Everyone waited about half an hour and started leaving.
Then “the” ambulance siren on went to the launch area. Every other cop in town was there, but no info got passed around.
I hope nobody got hurt! I doubt “the” doctor would be here on July 1st, and I don’t think the 1st was one of the two days this month the emergency ward was scheduled to be open.

Once again, the weather also did it’s best to be shitty. Aboriginal Day was much nicer and their fireworks went off without a hitch.

what a waste. sure hope my tax dollars didn’t pay for them! oh and thank you city of PR for waking my 4 year old at 1130PM, it only took me the better part of an hour to get her back to sleep. MORONS!

Welcome to a planet with more humans than just you. Here in Prince Rupert we have over 10000 of them!

why not take a poll of these so called 10,000. I’ll bet more than 50% are opposed to the fireworks at 1130PM, not to mention the tax burden to an already strapped municipal budget

Fireworks are not being paid for with tax dollars, sure its late but its only one night.

so who’s paying for them? Does that also mean that the PRFD was not there?

You sure are a miserable ass spitfire. I suppose you raise your fists in the sky and curse mother nature when theres thunder and lightening. Your name is rather ironic given it is the name of an allied aircraft used to intercept enemy bombers making a large amount of noise and costing tax dollars.

I can only surmise that you would have let Hitler win rather than spend ‘your’ tax dollars on these planes that generate noise and would have woken your 4 year old with no benefit to you personally.

Disgusting.

[quote=“jesus”]You sure are a miserable ass spitfire. I suppose you raise your fists in the sky and curse mother nature when theres thunder and lightening. Your name is rather ironic given it is the name of an allied aircraft used to intercept enemy bombers making a large amount of noise and costing tax dollars.

I can only surmise that you would have let Hitler win rather than spend ‘your’ tax dollars on these planes that generate noise and would have woken your 4 year old with no benefit to you personally.

Disgusting.[/quote]

Let me get this straight, you are comparing a shitty firework display, in a small northern town to the Battle of Britain?

now THAT is “disgusting”!

and besides that, any history buff knows it was that Hawker Hurricane, not the Spitfire that turned the Battle of Britain.

careful young grass-smoker, don’t bite off more than you can chew :wink:

[quote=“spitfire”]

[quote=“jesus”]You sure are a miserable ass spitfire. I suppose you raise your fists in the sky and curse mother nature when theres thunder and lightening. Your name is rather ironic given it is the name of an allied aircraft used to intercept enemy bombers making a large amount of noise and costing tax dollars.

Disgusting.[/quote]

Let me get this straight, you are comparing a shitty firework display, in a small northern town to the Battle of Britain?

now THAT is “disgusting”![/quote]

Yes we are a small northern town, but a lot of people like these firework’s. We aren’t the big city, we don’t have big sponsors to pay the thousands of dollars that bigger places have. We have firework’s at Halloween for Winter Fest and Canada Day. Geez get over it. We don’t have much but we do try to do somethings for the community to enjoy. You get many volunteers to come out and help.