Bullshit Vandelism

Another ugly site left on 3rd.ave. in front of the New Moon , I feel that this kind of action or actions should "Must Be Addressed ". It does not matter who the victim is or what the establishment is , it must be stopped . This car belongs to the lady who owns the new moon, she is almost 80years of age but it seems like the individual does not give a shit . When are we going to take a stand for the pride that we have left in this town we call home . I am just pissed off and I hope others who have seen this speak out .

One just doesn’t know what to say anymore. The fact that this happens is one thing, the real bullshit part is that it happened to an elderly lady. I hope whoever committed this pays, although the “punishment” they receive will never outweigh the fact they are ignorant pieces of garbage. I spoke to a friend yesterday who was commenting on the increase in vandalism in their area lately also. They live in the 5th. and 6th. east area of town. Do we not have any community on patrol or any kind of neighborhood watch programs anymore? This is, as JC said, bullshit !

People will be second guessing themselves about opening a small business if they see things like this too often. I know Rupert is a bit of a depressing city, but seriously this cannot go on forever.

EDIT:

I don’t think certain Rupertites are level headed enough to realize the tourism industry are one the things that kept the town alive.

The down town is seeming more like Tijuana, Mexico with everything looking more and more run down and the vandelism. For Christ Sake this is an 80 year old lady wtf is this place coming to?

Remember, this is the same lady who got assaulted by someone in her restaurant sometime ago.

Seems like idiots really need some South East Asian style corporal punishment.

[quote=“PLA”]Remember, this is the same lady who got assaulted by someone in her restaurant sometime ago.

Seems like idiots really need some South East Asian style corporal punishment.[/quote]

What great idea , maybe I will talk with a few within the next few days . I believe they would love to see all my photos.

The photo in the op was taken during daylight, not when the incident occurred. I believe this mayhem broke out between 2 and 4 o’clock in the morning, when businesses in the downtown core are at their most vulnerable. To comment on codybear933’s question regarding “community on patrol or any kind of neighborhood watch programs”, if there were such programs, I doubt they would be out at that hour. In my heart of hearts, I would strongly urge the owner of the New Moon to change her hours of operation, and when she hangs up the “closed” sign, she gets the hell out of that area.

I have been speaking with the owner and she said that did came from upstairs. The owner also had cuts on her forhead and other places. She is 70’s or 80’s . I do not believe anyone her age does not need to be treated in this manner .

It’s one thing to practice due diligence as a business owner or even a resident walking down the street but if we have to change our lives ie: change her business hours to accomplish that then I would have to say that we have a bigger problem than we realized. Who are the damn authorities in this town anyway? The garbage that gang up on an 80 year old lady?

CRACKHEADS… that’s who … it’s unfortunate to see this type of violence in our humble town, but when police funding is not increased this will be the result. Don’t kid yourselves, just because we are a small town it doesn’t mean we don’t have a large criminal element at work here. As a port city we are subject to a great number of “creative” criminals… this type of senseless destruction optimizes the need for better policing tactics… personally, I would love to see a cerfew imposed for anyone under the age of 19 after midnight

Well try not to make it sound like this is a new phenomenon. These types of senseless acts have been going on for as long as Rupert as been here. That doesn’t make it right, and it’s a shame it happened to someone of her age. It’s a shame it happens to anyone at all. You could triple the size of the police force here and it would still happen. They can’t be everywhere, and the type of person who does this doesn’t care about getting caught. They sure as heck don’t care about someone’s age or how hard this hits them. If they had any sense whatsoever, they wouldn’t be doing it in the first place.

Tim Hortons is not open 24-hours a day in this town for that specific reason.

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]

her business hours to accomplish that then I would have to say that we have a bigger problem than we realized.

Tim Hortons is not open 24-hours a day in this town for that specific reason.[/quote]

I understood from an employee there they close as the lack of “traffic” in town does not warrant them paying salaries for at least 3 nightime employees. Matter of economics.

Its sad. Never mind the ladys age. The police have to step up. They paid a fortune for those bikes so they could be more visible and to go after these punks when they run where police cars can’t go. Last year I saw officers out on the bikes 3 times and this year I saw five at once (I think they were in a race.) When they do pick someone up and if they are charged the courts turn them loose. Time we got some real police and stricter courts.

I was there when they caught the GIRL that smashed the vehicle and also assaulted the owner. She went to jail and I’m sure she’ll be charged. If memory serves they also caught both guys that robbed her a few months back and both pled guilty in court.

Please pondscum tell the internet what else the police need to do.

[quote=“mrt”]I was there when they caught the GIRL that smashed the vehicle and also assaulted the owner. She went to jail and I’m sure she’ll be charged. If memory serves they also caught both guys that robbed her a few months back and both pled guilty in court.

Please pondscum tell the internet what else the police need to do.[/quote]

I appreciate what you folks do in our community.

I think they need to be seen in the downtown area more. I was talking to a police officer a few months ago and he said its frustrating when you charge these people and the courts let them off or give light sentences. I am NOT saying its all policing, it is also the courts.- IF the offenders are juveniles maybe the parents should be held responsible for the acts their children inflict on the public.

[quote=“mrt”]I was there when they caught the GIRL that smashed the vehicle and also assaulted the owner. She went to jail and I’m sure she’ll be charged. If memory serves they also caught both guys that robbed her a few months back and both pled guilty in court.

Please pondscum tell the internet what else the police need to do.[/quote]

Same thing they did to that uncooperative kid in houston, or the uncooperative polish dude, or maybe that kid on the dirtbike. It’s not like a 4 year paid vacation is a terrible punishment and even when convicted you are still paid and not fired. Awesome. What im saying is the cops could do a lot more to punish the scum with little repercussion.

Interesting,
Jesus, who died for the sins of all mankind now preaching violence…

Trying to blame the police for the lack of control is like blaming them that gas prices are too high.
Many things influence a persons desire to be deviant, the police mearly attenpt to deal with enforcing the rules placed upon them as they see fit at that peticular time.
If you want to blame somebody, lets start with the parent, then perhaps the voter, followed by the governments, add the education system to it and a social support network as well…
Whats truly pathetic is this has been allowed to become the standard under the guise of human rights & personal freedoms.
As for this happening to an 80 year old lady (my heart goes out to her) how in the world would this be any more acceptable if it were anyone else?
Is a middle aged man for instance just supposed to “cowboy up” or would he deserve it more?
Devient behavior is devient behavior and any victim IS a victim.

Rant off.

[quote=“rupzuk”]Interesting,
Jesus, who died for the sins of all mankind now preaching violence…

Trying to blame the police for the lack of control is like blaming them that gas prices are too high.
Many things influence a persons desire to be deviant, the police mearly attenpt to deal with enforcing the rules placed upon them as they see fit at that peticular time.
If you want to blame somebody, lets start with the parent, then perhaps the voter, followed by the governments, add the education system to it and a social support network as well…
Whats truly pathetic is this has been allowed to become the standard under the guise of human rights & personal freedoms.
As for this happening to an 80 year old lady (my heart goes out to her) how in the world would this be any more acceptable if it were anyone else?
Is a middle aged man for instance just supposed to “cowboy up” or would he deserve it more?
Devient behavior is devient behavior and any victim IS a victim.

Rant off.[/quote]

I’m a mexican you insensitive clod! and if you cant figure out that my remark was tongue in cheek then there is truly no hope.

Also the blame for crime belongs solely with the person committing it truly you cant believe things were better before? our social support network is better than ever and crime is down year after year so clearly you’re naive. We certainly don’t need any more government babysitting laws. That being said when the justice system doesnt work then perhaps its time for a bit of vigilantism