Body Discovered in Prince Rupert

[quote=“hoshq”]

Counselling is NOT free. These “doctors” DO NOT work for nothing. They charge big bucks, and someone does pay for it.[/quote]

You are now arguing something that is irrelevent and quite obvious. We are not saying it is liturally free. Yes obviously someone pays for it and we are damn glad that the government supports such issues. Aren’t you happy that there aren’t as many unstable people walking around like time bombs because of government funded counselling? I am a prime example of this. If I did not seek the help I was given, I could be costing the system lots of dollars right now in more ways than one. (ie, courtfees, medicare, welfare, etc etc)

Why are there “Gay Love Spells,” “Date Bisexual Singles Now,” “Gay Romance Novels,” and “Couple Me Personal Ads” at the bottom of the page?

I don’t remember anything along those lines being sad in this thread.

Creepy

Wow, that argument sure is well supported!

hehe… well if counselling was something that was ineffective, I am sure there wouldn’t be the amount of counsellors there is today. And many more on the way, who are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars and years of their lives to get their degrees.

No, it’s all about marketing…

[quote=“smartass”]

“Doctors” work for free? I didn’t know that. So the fancy cars they drive, do they get those for free too?

You obviously don’t know much about the Mental Health field. My aunt works for Vancouver Mental Health, and she has never had a client who has had to pay out of their own pocket for any assistance, guidance, counselling, or psyciatric help. It is all subsidized through various organizations, as is most of the Mental Health practices in BC.

Yes, most of the time you do have to pay out of your own pocket to see a psychiatrist, but that’s not what we are mainly talking about. We are talking about youth counsellors, and guidance counsellors aren’t we? Those are always free.[/quote]

And you obviously missed what I was saying. Your aunt gets paid. She does make money, lots of it, and someone, if not the clients then the taxpayers, pays for it.

Real poverty? I doubt it. If there is, it’s self-induced. Is there any one in this community who doesn’t have access to health care? education? shelter? food? I’ve been to places where people don’t have electricity, and can get sick from drinking tap water.

Counselling services and medicare should be the last place where people worry about where our tax dollars are being spent!

[quote=“hoshq”]

Real poverty? I doubt it. If there is, it’s self-induced. Is there any one in this community who doesn’t have access to health care? education? shelter? food? I’ve been to places where people don’t have electricity, and can get sick from drinking tap water.[/quote]

How do you mean self-induced? Are you saying people choose to be poor? For example there are a lot of people who live on the streets and kids who go through life hungry.

Shouldn’t we try to solve the problems in our own society? I’m not saying we shouldn’t help everyone in need, but its ignorant to assume that just because we are a rich country with things like health care, that there is no poverty or hunger.

[quote=“Lemrac”]

Real poverty? I doubt it. If there is, it’s self-induced. Is there any one in this community who doesn’t have access to health care? education? shelter? food? I’ve been to places where people don’t have electricity, and can get sick from drinking tap water.

How do you mean self-induced? Are you saying people choose to be poor? For example there are a lot of people who live on the streets and kids who go through life hungry.

Shouldn’t we try to solve the problems in our own society? I’m not saying we shouldn’t help everyone in need, but its ignorant to assume that just because we are a rich country with things like health care, that there is no poverty or hunger.[/quote]

Amen to that

MiG, please do us all a favour and lock this thread so that idiot hoshq guy shuts up. Thanks.