Bigfoot sightings

“It is impossible to estimate how many of these creatures live in the world, but I would say that just in North America there may be about 100,000 of them.”

theskepticsguide.org/there-a … th-america

your such a Debby downer MiG…

I guess reality is a Debbie Downer too.

Must be fun at your house during Christmas, easter and when the little one loose a tooth lol

Well, see it’s ok to believe in fantasy and make believe when you’re a kid. It’s fun!

It’s just sad when you believe in fantasy and make believe when you’re an adult. It’s not fun.

I’m guessing from your reaction, you think Bigfoot is real?

it isn’t bigfoot it is actually martians trick or treating on Earth as hairy apes :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“MiG”]Well, see it’s ok to believe in fantasy and make believe when you’re a kid. It’s fun!

It’s just sad when you believe in fantasy and make believe when you’re an adult. It’s not fun.

I’m guessing from your reaction, you think Bigfoot is real?[/quote]

Its still fun when you’re an adult… but if you actually believe in it you’re still a crazy person where as when you’re a child you’re just young and naive.

what does it matter MiG :wink: what my beliefs are? I’m just saying it must be hard being right 100% of the time…lol…

I hardly think thats fair. I’m sure if you ask his wife he’s not always right. I know mine doesnt think I am ever right. What does she know anyway though she’s just a woman and only has an opinion because I allow it.

I don’t think it matters what people’s ‘beliefs’ are. I believe in religious freedom. People are free to believe any fantasy make-believe woo they want. The problem is when they think reality is wrong because it contradicts their belief.

So Bigfoot believeing is a religious freedom … lmao

I posted a link where people claim there are 100,000 bigfoots in North America. Yet none have ever been found. Sounds like you’re right. It’s no different than the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus. P

erfectly ok to believe in that stuff. Thanks for the analogy, BTW. Never equated bigfoot with the Easter Bunny until you posted it.

that’s right just like this movie should not exist with Larry the Cable Guy playing a tooth fairy but it does and now we have a Bigfoot movie out that Exists and it shouldn’t

I don’t require scientific evidence to determine if Big Foot exists. I just know he’s out there. :smile:

Well yes or just freedom in general. I believe in a do no harm philosophy. If you aren’t doing any harm to anyone but yourself then do whatever you want. That’s why I feel we need to outlaw organized religion

[quote=“jesus”]
Well yes or just freedom in general. I believe in a do no harm philosophy. If you aren’t doing any harm to anyone but yourself then do whatever you want. That’s why I feel we need to outlaw organized religion[/quote]

That is perhaps going a bit too far in my opinion. To follow up on your argument I propose that an organized religion is just fine if it does no harm. People are free to pick and choose what aspects of their belief systems they wish to adhere to.

[quote=“jesus”]

Well yes or just freedom in general. I believe in a do no harm philosophy. If you aren’t doing any harm to anyone but yourself then do whatever you want. That’s why I feel we need to outlaw organized religion[/quote]

why organized religion? its still your belief or freedom to believe in GOD, tooth fairy, Sasquatch or the tree octopus, its what you do with those beliefs that become dangerous and those in authority that abuse such power. organized religion is not the problem its the people who take words and skew the meaning and then use that for their own propaganda.

[quote=“Astro”]
why organized religion? its still your belief or freedom to believe in GOD, tooth fairy, Sasquatch or the tree octopus, its what you do with those beliefs that become dangerous and those in authority that abuse such power. organized religion is not the problem its the people who take words and skew the meaning and then use that for their own propaganda.[/quote]

Organized religion perpetuates all kinds of hate, science denial, protects pedophiles,shames people for their choices etc etc etc. Organized religion may do good things but they are generally used to recruit new members.

They certainly do plenty of harm along with the good and should be banned IMO. If you want to believe whats in a book thats fine but when you get together and create a massive empire based upon your beliefs and try to use that to force others to your perspective killing people along the way you certainly cant classify yourself as doing no harm.

I’d settle for at least taxing them as the business they are. Why the fuck are churches tax exempt? really? their non secular charitable donations certainly should be but their properties? their businesses? we should tax those the same as we do any other business.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“jesus”]

That is perhaps going a bit too far in my opinion. To follow up on your argument I propose that an organized religion is just fine if it does no harm. People are free to pick and choose what aspects of their belief systems they wish to adhere to.[/quote]

Name an organized religion that does no harm.

You are generalizing again not all have radical views and it can be said of any organization that misleads it’s followers to their own gain.