Be careful what you wish for

Increased transparency? Three closed sessions in January.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … sions.html?

Maybe Mayor Brain could have used some seasoning as Councillor after all.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … ngthy.html?

Ditto

I guess Mr. Know it all has a lot to learn: too bad Jack made such an ass of himself at the debate, but now we can see what a good thing we had.

I think Lee Brain has been doing a very good job as mayor so far (and I was very critical of him early on in his campaign)…he is making all the right moves and all the right decisions…the best part of this new council is Joy Thorkelson has literally been caged, as it is clear she is the odd person out on council and I could not be more thrilled about that, she is essentially powerless and her time of controlling and disrupting council with her constant time wasting and pontificating bullshit are over.

I am glad Mr. Brain did not listen to his unrealistic green supporters and is pushing forward with WCC LNG…something that could literally lift this city out of financial ruin.

Closed sessions are important, I don’t think we need to argue why these are needed.

You won’t find me arguing about closed meetings. The masses demanded change and complaints of too many closed meetings were part of it. So what really ends up changing?

Lee is doing fine but the procedural issues clearly show that he has a long ways to go and that perhaps some time on Council to learn the ropes would have been beneficial to all. “The ongoing confusion over process and mis-steps of recent weeks, is making for a City Council that appears to be creating more problems than it needs to take on in these early days.”

I tend to agree.

[quote=“bthedog”]
Closed sessions are important, I don’t think we need to argue why these are needed.[/quote]

Agreed.
On a side note, who is the writer of The NorthCoast review Blog? I like to put a name to writing.

[quote=“bthedog”]the best part of this new council is Joy Thorkelson has literally been caged, as it is clear she is the odd person out on council and I could not be more thrilled about that, she is essentially powerless and her time of controlling and disrupting council with her constant time wasting and pontificating bullshit are over.
[/quote]

Just curious. Do you have a specific example here of her caging? It seems to me that she and Barry are the ones who are ensuring that proper procedure is being followed as the new council navigates the learning curve.

but wait the council wants to give the Mayor alot more money to do less work then the Mayor of Terrace.

“Crazy Train » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:28 am
Lee Brain won fair and square. As I said in another thread, I hope he proves me wrong. If not, I’ll be here screaming at you louder than I have been. But I hope I’m wrong.”

So far I am not impressed with Lee Brain as mayor and one of my concerns is tying it’s ugly head. He does not have the experience to be in this position. inhate to say I told you so but…

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … e.html?m=1

He stopped Cunnigham in his tracks while trying to make a motion in the council reports section of the meeting apparently because of the bylaws. The bylaws are below. Where does it say that a motion can’t be made during that part of the meeting? Is it an interpretation of adding correspondence? If I’ve missed it, please let me know.

princerupert.ca/sites/defaul … aw3092.pdf

[quote=“Crazy Train”]
So far I am not impressed with Lee Brain as mayor and one of my concerns is tying it’s ugly head. [/quote]

Okay. I don’t understand what you are trying to say here.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“Crazy Train”]
So far I am not impressed with Lee Brain as mayor and one of my concerns is tying it’s ugly head. [/quote]

Okay. I don’t understand what you are trying to say here.[/quote]

Sometimes I hate auto correct. “Rearing” not tying. And what’s rearing its ugly head is the fact that he doesn’t know how to run these meetings. He should have put time in as councillor first so that he could get a better understanding. I don’t see anything in the bylaws that restricts Cuunnigham from making a motion when he did.

Jack had lots of experience, but, he did not know how to run our city in a way that satisfied the voters. You’ve made it very clear that you don’t like Brain. Understood. Brain has been in office for a few months. I’m willing to cut him some slack.

Jack had like nine years to prove his worth. The last three was a freebie.

So $18 million projected to go to the city from the Tuck lng project isn’t a success? Even though that was announced within days of the election, who do you think should get credit for that? Jack. Jack did the work and Lee will get the credit. You all wanted change so bad but for what? We have a mayor that doesn’t know procedure and doesn’t seem to acknowledge that the processes were there for a reason. I’ve never been a fan of Thorkelson but I’m becoming one quickly.

Apparently the electors thought differently when they marked the “X” that fateful night.

Anyway, that fateful night was about 3 months ago. Sure you don’t need another case of beer?

The electors bought into a good campaign, that’s all. A big mistake was made, in my opinion and, as I reminded everyone of earlier, I’ll be saying I told you so every chance I get.

And if I’m wrong, show me where in the bylaws I attached.

I take that as a “yes I do”.

Another shipment of Lucky Lager will be delivered to you shortly.

[quote=“PLA”]I take that as a “yes I do”.

Another shipment of Lucky Lager will be delivered to you shortly.[/quote]

What does the above mean ?

You feel good attacking people all the time ?

Go ahead PLA PLA PLA what you have to say now. Tell me to drink some more lol

What exactly has Mayor Brain done that is really so bad? Sure he has made a few procedural errors at council meeting, but what legitimate bad decisions has he made? He could have stopped the Tuck Inlet LNG thing , but he didn’t…he saw how much that money would benefit the city and voted to approve.

He has only been mayor for a few months and people seems to be calling for his head already which is ridiculous. I see nothing that warrants any of this. Everything he has done so far has been great … Naturally it will take time to get the procedures of council down…rather than continuing to criticize him for that, give him the time it will need to get those things down.

[quote=“bthedog”]
He has only been mayor for a few months and people seems to be calling for his head already which is ridiculous. I see nothing that warrants any of this. Everything he has done so far has been great … Naturally it will take time to get the procedures of council down…rather than continuing to criticize him for that, give him the time it will need to get those things down.[/quote]

Agreed. Well said.

+1 bthedog

[quote=“Speedy”]What does the above mean ?

You feel good attacking people all the time ?

Go ahead PLA PLA PLA what you have to say now. Tell me to drink some more lol[/quote]

jackiechanwtf.jpeg

12:56AM? Go to sleep. lol (or drink more)