Be careful what you wish for

[quote=“bthedog”]What exactly has Mayor Brain done that is really so bad? Sure he has made a few procedural errors at council meeting, but what legitimate bad decisions has he made? He could have stopped the Tuck Inlet LNG thing , but he didn’t…he saw how much that money would benefit the city and voted to approve.

He has only been mayor for a few months and people seems to be calling for his head already which is ridiculous. I see nothing that warrants any of this. Everything he has done so far has been great … Naturally it will take time to get the procedures of council down…rather than continuing to criticize him for that, give him the time it will need to get those things down.[/quote]

Nothing really so bad but it’s evident that he could have used some time in Council to become familiarized with how business is done. I said long ago that I sensed arrogance on Lee Brains part and the fact that he is debating on procedure with the most experienced councillors supports my feeling. Again, if I’m wrong, show me in the bylaws what I’ve missed.

Well, it’s not like he went out and bought a cable company or anything when the city was near bankrupt.

He’s got a long way to go before he tops that one.

If the only complaint is that he doesn’t know procedures yet, then great.

Mussallem didn’t buy a cable company either. I’m not a fan of how the company has been managed with the technological advances of the last 20 or so years but it is part of the community’s history and there was good reason for it for many years.

So far it is just procedural with Lee but that still highlights one of my concerns with having him elected - he doesn’t have experience. I just hope that it doesn’t cause bigger issues down the road.

No, he just gave away a cellphone company…

[quote=“MiG”]

No, he just gave away a cellphone company…[/quote]

As I stated, I don’t like some aspects of how the company was managed either but to be fair, jack inherited that mess as well. He didn’t buy monarch or incorporate citywest. It can’t be pinned on jack.