BC Outdoors Stories

Here is my first experience fishing out of Polymar Bar (or China Bar-whatever, half-way to Terrace): (long but funny)

We got there on Friday night. Three buddies. The other two set up the rods and I set up the camp. The experience (leader) guy told me to set up in a certain spot: A nice little depression on the bar near a big log so we could set up a tarp on the log in case it would rain. So I set up: a tarp on bottom, a tarp above us. Darkness comes. We crack open a few cold ones, chop wood and get a nice fire going. We talk until about 1 am then hop in sleeping bags and sleep in the open with just a tarp above us. We are all lined up about 2-3 feet apart. I’m the middle one. The leader wakes me up at around 3 am and says " Get-up, there’s water!". “Water! Where?” I ask as I turn around and my elbow hits a puddle. I get up quickly and see the cooler floating at about a yard from my feet. So I wake up the next guy who he is not wet and wants to stay there. Ten minutes later, there is a foot of water in that very spot. So there we are on a cold September night, standing in in the middle of the river, in rising water coming from the river itself. The “leader” says, “Let’s move over there” pointing to a higher place sheltered by a few logs. I grab my stuff, I put on my boots while in my underwear and move the stuff over to the new spot. We put the tarp on the ground and just crash in our sleeping bags on top of it. All night there is a stinky smell all around me. I am wondering how my fishing buddies can fart so much that even witha light breeze, the stench is almost unbearable. In the morning, the mystery of the foul smell reveals itself as we realize that the spot where we put the tarp was the best spot on the bar for people who need to go to the bathroom ( # 1 and #2!). All this for one lousy 7 lbs coho between the three of us in three days. :unamused:

Woohoo! BC Outdoors story:

http://menino.com/photos/albums/2004-oct/normal_IMG_3677.jpg

http://menino.com/photos/albums/2004-oct/normal_IMG_3681.jpg

http://menino.com/photos/albums/2004-oct/normal_IMG_3699.jpg

More on menino.com

Where did you go? Group hunt limited entry?

Nah, just your standard illegal hunting.

What is this “limited entry” of which you speak?

Is that like a license thing? We don’t need no stinkin’ licenses. Nor badgers.

Dude, you either need a license or a status card, or the conservation officers will give you a spanking.

Wow, somebody should have told me that before I started hunting! Shit, next you’re going to tell me I need a license for these guns!

But admit that you are only doing it for the spanking.

I made a super long post yesterday about my experience living in a tent city for a month. A river of piss turning green with algae, the ineffectiveness of bear bangers, and bears being shot with a Ruger pistol, it had everything. Unfortunately, this crappy internet cut out and I just said, “Screw it.”

My bear banger fires 7.62x39.

spanking? banging bears? Just what are you guys talking about anyway?

Dont Ask, Dont Tell.