Ayjaye and Enbridge

I think our city council made a big mistake,the prime minister and the primeier of china may be calling city hall
as we are the gateway to asia and canada is supposed to start here,this will come and bite us in the nose its just
a matter of time and dont think for a minute they are not watching wants going on.

At least it will be a clean bite and not one coated with oil…

x

[quote=“ajaye46”]I think our city council made a big mistake,the prime minister and the primeier of china may be calling city hall
as we are the gateway to asia and canada is supposed to start here,this will come and bite us in the nose its just
a matter of time and dont think for a minute they are not watching wants going on.[/quote]

Big oil has ruined the lives of your Indian compatriots as Lee Brain has described, and I’m amazed you would like to see the same happen for your adopted home country. I guess your mind is glued to money, but not one thought about moral values and dignity.

I beleive in fairness enbridge was just asking to be treated fairly and wait until the final report came out,
my home country is doing just fine thanks to a prime minister who opened the doors of india to the world
while we shut our doors.

Enbridge doesn’t bring fairness to the concerned public involved, and as demonstrated by their business practices they’re not an ethical corporation at all.

Funny how you’re blinded by money, regardless of moral and dignity.

[quote]my home country is doing just fine thanks to a prime minister who opened the doors of india to the world
while we shut our doors.[/quote]

Caste system? Human rights abuse and corruption worse than what Chinese local and regional officials could have done?

[quote=“ajaye46”]I think our city council made a big mistake,the prime minister and the primeier of china may be calling city hall
a matter of time and dont think for a minute they are not watching wants going on.[/quote]

Your ignorant opinion is absolutely fucking stupid. Canadians would have no problem exporting refined petroleum products to china. Not only are they safer to transport and easier to clean should a spill occur but we get top dollar for our resources and also get the benefit of keeping the jobs here in Canada all the while keeping our local gas prices down. Fuck sakes you are so stupid.

THE TRUTH HURTS.

Is many truthes in this world. One truth that is very clear is why you never got a promotion in 25 years.
Money is the only thing in this world to you, and I am guessing you had a wife and kids and the wife left you because of your inability to grasp rather simple concepts.

Im not going there i will tell you one thing what goes around comes around i can walk around this town with my head
up because i know that im a straight shooter.I do care about our city and i will always have its best interst even when i
leave this city it will always be called home to me.

[quote=“ajaye46”]Im not going there i will tell you one thing what goes around comes around i can walk around this town with my head
up because i know that im a straight shooter.I do care about our city and i will always have its best interst even when i
leave this city it will always be called home to me.[/quote]

You cant eat money you idiot… and if you really consider this your “home”, why the fuck would you lobby to destroy the lifeblood of our region? Anyone who enjoys the bounties of our natural surroundings will tell you the same… the tankers and the pipeline ARE NOT WORTH IT! do yourself a favour and spend some time fishing this year, or even just get out of your house and go for a walk… perhaps then you might gain a better understanding of what I’m trying to protect…

How about we disagree with Ayjaye without resorting to calling him names? Whatever you think of him, he is not Stephen Harper.

Surely, it’s ok to disagree without one’s personal life being attacked? Yes, I’ve taken part in the Ayjaye trolling in the past, but I don’t think I’ve ever attacked him personally. If I have, I apologize, Ayjaye.

Keep expressing your opinion, no matter how completely wrong it is.

Everyones truthes differs.

Actually standing against the Enbridge pipeline could be seen as a stratigic move on the city’s part.
The possiblity of Enbridge being successfull is remote, a little added pressure from our council will do little but it won’t hurt.
Here’s the kicker IMO;
The oil is going to China.Period.Deal with it.
Plan A was a pipeline.
Plan B is railcar.
Pipes go to Kitimat.
Trains go to Rupert.
MOT is OK with the tankers.
CN doesn’t need any review processes- they just do it.
Now the deal makers only have to deal with a couple of bands, not dozens.
The potential economic impact to Prince Rupert is huge and council should use their influence to put us in a better bargaining position (on any topic) and whether or not that was their intention it does have that potential side effect.
These are interesting times for sure.

Thanks MiG, personal attacks like that aren’t acceptable here

I think we we should call in the activist group Femen to stop this pipe line.

Titillating conversation

[quote=“ajaye46”]I beleive in fairness enbridge was just asking to be treated fairly and wait until the final report came out,
my home country is doing just fine thanks to a prime minister who opened the doors of india to the world
while we shut our doors.[/quote]

Meanwhile Enbridge and Harper can promote the hell out of their position and not wait until the final report. Your specious arguments do nothing to support your opinion.

Given how things seem to be I fear that the line is a coming with our with or without our support. US wants oil, China wants oil Canada has it … us people way out here don’t seem to account for much bearing on the go or staying of this project unfortunate but true.

Oil price rises after fire shuts Enbridge’s Illinois pipeline
edmontonjournal.com/business … story.html

chbcnews.ca/oliver+man+speak … story.html