Are there any Rupert counter strike clans, or servers

You mean a Barton that can overclock to an XP3200+ (2.21Ghz), I think… The fastest AMD CPU at this time isn’t up to 3.2GHz yet, as far as I know.

Here’s an AMD 64 FX-55 at 2.6GHz, with a price of about $1,200 bucks. ncix.com/products/index.php? … acture=AMD

I myself have an XP2500+ Barton running at the stock clock speed of 1.8Ghz… That’s 166MHz FSB x 11.0 multiplier. If you bump the FSB up to 200MHz, it gives you a full blown XP3200+ at 2.2GHz. (I can’t becuase my ram can’t handle 400MHz, only 333MHz). So, unless you’re good with a conductive pen/paste and aren’t worried about frying your CPU, that’s as high as you can go.

UNLESS, you buy an XP2500+M (mobile) chip. The multipliers on them are unlocked, so you can potentially run something like 200MHz x 13 = 2.6Ghz, which is almost insane. You’re probably wondering how you can do that without having a heatsink the size of Chevy small block sitting in your tower… Well, mobiles run at .25v or so less than Bartons, so by the time you use up that extra voltage, the processor is running at the stock power setting of a Barton anyway… big deal.

I might be wrong about the FSB and Multiplier settings on the mobiles, they may be capped to 166MHz, and you might be able to put the multiplier upto 16 or something… Either way, I know guys running them around 2.6GHz without trouble. Not bad for a ~$120 CAD CPU.

I dont’ think ATI makes a 7600 either… Are you sure?

9200 its the sheaper model damn man …lol… all i know is the game kicks ass. :laughing:

http://www.inktank.com/images/AT/cartoons/09-10-00.gif

It takes about the same amount of time to finish HL2 as it does to eat 4 slightly-toasted Pop Tarts…

I feel sick… :blush:

I used to play cs. but now i lost the connection i used to play with cs. but i might start up again :confused:

But right now for me is Gta:SanAndreas and Halflife:2

Anyone know the easiest place a kid can get a working copy of CS? Or CS Source? And don’t say the store, he thought of that already.

Ebay…

:laughing:

torrentspy.com ?

or

torrent.hackz.nl/

Today’s keyword is ‘working’.

If you didn’t buy it, you can’t really play it. That is, unless you’re into playing on hacked servers and/or updating to each new crack released for each new STEAM update… You’ll also need to download the game, which is larger than some monthly bandwidth restrictions… but anyway.

Just buy it. For $50-$60 bucks, either Half-Life 2 or CS:Source is well worth the money, and you get both…

Can’t find a copy in Rupert? Futureshop has never ending free shipping. They also have a $10 discount which ends tonight.

futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde … wdeptid=15

Terrace.

[quote=“orangetang”]Can’t find a copy in Rupert? Futureshop has never ending free shipping. They also have a $10 discount which ends tonight.

futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde … wdeptid=15[/quote]

That would be great… but they don’t have a 2.4GHz processor or 512MB of RAM.

Come to think of it… I highly doubt he could even play CS on their computer, as I bet he doesn’t have a 32MB video card.

XBOX it is I guess.

You don’t need those to play, I don’t think.

For Half-Life 2 you do.

Well, I guess you don’t neeeed them, but they are the recommended minimum requirements.

Recommended and minimum are different. Minimum system requirements are a 1.2 GHz processor and 256MB of ram, or RAM.

I don’t think I’ll ever have a computer close to that fast.

But I’ll just keep asking santa for one.

Wow, you suck. Who won the gym riot?

Red Team, phfft…

I recently found out that a strawberry is a vegetable.

Red team kicks all ass.