Apple Event September 7, 2022

You have such patience. I won’t pay for anything over $100 unless it’s in my hands…I get annoyed if a little amazon order is late by a day or two.

1 Like

Honestly I came close to cancelling the order a few times. I guess I rationalized my decision to be patient by noting that all Apple customers are in the same boat, that is, it’s taking a bloody long time for everyone wanting a 14 Pro Max.

I think this happens every year. They have x number of phones ready to go on launch day, and anything after that is delayed.

If you order on the first available order day, you can usually have the phone in a week or so. But you have to get up early :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know, thanks MiG. I was ambivalent about what to buy so my delay in making a decision put me behind the eight ball a bit, haha.

My unit is in Alberta as of yesterday. Closer! :slight_smile:

OMG such patience! Most people wold be in full Karen mode, screaming at people on the phone, kicking chairs, etc.

1 Like

Haha! I’ve waited a month, a few more days won’t be that bad. Tracking predicts I’ll get the unit on Wednesday, November 16th, by end of day. :slight_smile:

The unit arrived last night at about dinner time. Set it up this morning. Absolutely love it. Everything just works. :slight_smile:

Have you done the demo for the satellite thing yet? Works well in my backyard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not yet. Just finished installing all my apps. Next is getting my phone working in the car.

Does your car do CarPlay?

1 Like

Yeah I think so. Phone added.

Will check out the iPhone emergency app at some point. Was intrigued with how well my car “saw” the iPhone. So cool. Very happy with the unit. :slight_smile:

Installed all my apps, upgraded to 16.1.1, and backed up the unit to iCloud. It sure is nice to have imessage again. :slight_smile:

Playing around with the wide angle macro lens and marveling at the fine detail. I also notice that I need to dust my monitor stand. :slight_smile:

I like the dynamic island, it stays out of the way and provides useful information and interactivity. I switched off the always on display to get a bit more battery life. With my OnePlus 7t I couldn’t get through a full day with its failing battery. I’m consistently getting two days use on a full charge with my 14 unit.