Apple Event September 7, 2022

We’re all getting old. No matter what model you have, you can always increase the “zoom level” and font size. My wife does the same. Text is bigger, icons are bigger, etc.

In Portuguese, we have a syndrome called “PDI” that we use to describe symptoms of getting old. Vision is one of them! “Puta Da Idade”

1 Like

So is there anything in iOS 16 really exciting?
My 10 says it’s ‘available’ but up to date with the 15.7.

The different lock screen options are cool, especially if you use iCloud photos. It picks out photos of places, people, etc, and rotates them on your Lock Screen. There’s also a bunch of new widgets you can use on your Lock Screen.

In fact, I’d say the biggest change is the amount of customization you can do on your lock and home screens is the biggest reason to upgrade.

But there’s a bunch of new stuff in messages, and the ability to copy-paste text from video is kinda insane. Like if you have a video that includes some text, you can literally just click it and copy-paste the text, or translate it, etc. There’s a bunch of new stuff in photos too, like the ability to just pick out a person from a photo and grab just the person, not the background, and copy-paste elsewhere.

1 Like

My 28 year old living in Ontario sent me a selfie on her new iPhone 14 amateur. I was impressed with the clarity of the image. Very cool.

Cool, I’ll upgrade tonight and play with it over the weekend!

1 Like

I upgraded my wife’s iPhone 8+ to 16.0.2 yesterday. I’m guessing that the unit is nearing the end of its software support cycle. A five year support cycle is wicked.

Anticipation! Flying to Vancouver today. Will be at the Apple Store tomorrow.

Do they have them in stock? Sometimes you can buy in advance and pick up at a store.

1 Like

No idea what they have on hand. If they’re out of units I’ll order online.

Was at the Apple Store in Richmond. Super busy in there. You’re right MiG. Not a lot of inventory to look at. Got my big mitts on the 14 and it is too small for my tired eyes. So I will be ordering the 14+ or the 14 Pro Max on-line. The 14 is a stunning phone.

So I’m traveling to PG by train on Sunday to visit with my 19 year old who’s at UNBC. We’ll be returning the evening of the 13th.
Do you think it’s safe to order my 14+ tomorrow? I don’t want the unit to arrive when I’m not at home. Maybe I should order it on Monday the 10th?
I don’t have a read on how fast it’ll arrive in Rupert.

Always takes 2-3 days to get to you.

What does it say on the Apple Store for estimated delivery?

My iPhone 14 was shipped yesterday, but won’t show up here until Tuesday.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply MiG! Good to know. Good to hear it arrives quickly. I’ll wait until I am back home to order the 14+.

OMG… BestBuy in PG actually had a 24" iMac in stock after 2 years!
Didn’t even know what a Mac mini was though…

1 Like

Ordered the iPhone Pro Max(deep purple), a charging brick, a clear magsafe case, and Apple Care. I thought about this one for a bit. Looking forward to getting the unit. :slight_smile:

I’ve had the iPhone 14 Amateur Big One since Tuesday. It’s ok. Nice big screen, which is great for flying drones, etc.

A bit too big for me though.

I do monthly AppleCare these days, so it will be tax deductible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I tried out the regular sized iphone 14 and found it too small for my eyes. Then reviewed the 14+ and decided that what I was paying was a bit too much for what I was getting based on specifications. So I opted to pay an extra $300.00 for the iPhone 14 Pro Max, base model. I was a camera nerd as a teen, had my own darkroom. I’m really excited about the epic camera setup on the 14 Pro Max. Suffering from sticker shock today. Haha.

1 Like

(stumbling down sidewalk with a walker) I remember darkrooms
I used to snitch my Dad’s metal developer trays to mix homemade gunpowder in. It was easier to use the school’s darkroom. And I even did a carny stint in a get your picture in jail booth…

1 Like

Ordered my iPhone Pro Max on October 14th; it hasn’t shipped yet. I’m guessing Apple is experiencing supply chain issues?! :slight_smile:

The iPhone is on its way. Quite excited today. :slight_smile: Estimated arrival in mid November.