Another poll

I would not be at all surprised if Nathan makes a run for the NDP leadership if Mulcair comes in third tonight.

Results are slowly rolling in from the Atlantic. I didn’t know there’s no blackout this election.

cbc.ca/includes/federalelection/dashboard/

[quote=“PLA”]Results are slowly rolling in from the Atlantic. I didn’t know there’s no blackout this election.

cbc.ca/includes/federalelection/dashboard/[/quote]

Yeah, they removed the media black out.

Edit: Added later. Thanks for the link to that elections results website, PLA!

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]
These polls are all ridiculous. There are so many, and they all say different things. **For me the only one that counts is the final results on election day. ** Though I do get a chuckle out of some of them. :smile:[/quote]

Indeed. :smile:

Seems telephone technology has spelled the end of accurate polling.

The polls weren’t that far off.

cbc.ca/news2/interactives/poll-tracker/2015/

The day before the election

Libs 37.2%
Cons 30.9%
NDP 21.7%

On election day

Libs 39.5%
Cons 31.9%
NDP 19.7%

Pretty much within any margin of error and the Liberals were trending up and the NDP down as we approached the election.

The problem was in seat projection although not necessarily out of whack.

The Liberal range the day before was 124-161. They got 184.
The Conservative range was 100-139. They got 99.
The NDP range was 51-90. They got 44.

It looks like the polls didn’t catch up to the upswing in Liberal support and the slackening of NDP support that swung the election from a minority to a majority.

I was thinking more about the pollsters predicting either a Conservative or Liberal minority.

They accurately predicted a Liberal government, particularly in the last week, but, no one saw a Liberal majority.

[quote=“hitest”]

They accurately predicted a Liberal government, particularly in the last week, but, no one saw a Liberal majority.[/quote]

smart voters across the country once seeing the liberal projection decided they wanted someone locally representing them from the winning party thus majority.

As much as I like Nathan Cullen it’s shitty to never or rarely have representation by the in power party.