Another poll

[quote=“BTravenn”]
Also of interest is that Lynton Crosby, referred to by some as the ‘Lizard of Oz’, appears to have abandoned the Harper campaign and left the country.[/quote]

Interesting. I am hopeful that this is a sign of rats leaving a sinking ship. A few more days and we will know.

Funny how the “liberal media” is endorsing Harper. Here’s an interesting editorial by Pete McMartin that goes against the Sun’s own endorsement:
vancouversun.com/news/pete+m … story.html

CTV evening news also had interviews with the Party leaders (Harper declined, of course) over the last few nights and Justin Trudeau came off very well. If I didn’t live in BC, I’d have voted Liberal. This balanced budget obsession is bullshit, especially when they haven’t, don’t, or lie, cheat and sell off assets to pretend they did.

The Globe and Mail has endorsed the Conservatives… but not Stephen Harper.

theglobeandmail.com/globe-de … e26842506/

How does that work exactly? other than feed twitter

huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10/16 … a+Politics

[quote=“BTravenn”] Conservative’s strategy of appealing to ‘old stock Canadians’ by singling out a few Muslim women (who are apparently ‘disrespectful’ although how and to whom are not clear).

[/quote]

Well I would argue it is disrespectful to the countless women of the world who have been subject to violence and death for not behaving or dressing appropriately. Or how about the honor killing of (mostly) women that is occurring with more frequency even in this country in the name of customs brought here.

We aren’t talking about turbans here, or a yarmulke, or some other religious required headgear. We are talking about a mask. And I think a pretty good rule of thumb is this; “Would a balaclava be appropriate? If not, take it off.”

This should not be a huge election issue, it’s just the liberals and NDP making it one.

Owners control the ‘endorsement’ – the editorial board is usually told whom to endorse.

Over at the National Post:

canadalandshow.com/article/andre … ional-post

“CANADALAND has learned that though Coyne the editor has signed off on an official National Post Harper endorsement, Coyne the columnist planned to endorse a different candidate under his own byline in the paper tomorrow.”

[quote=“DWhite”]The Globe and Mail has endorsed the Conservatives… but not Stephen Harper.

theglobeandmail.com/globe-de … e26842506/

How does that work exactly? other than feed twitter

huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10/16 … a+Politics[/quote]

And Conrad Black has endorsed Justin Trudeau. Go figure.

Bullshit. It’s a dogwhistle to bring out the racists and ignorant to vote. The issue is already settled, the courts have already ruled. It’s over. And you think it’s the Liberals and NDP making it an issue? hahahahaha!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynton_Crosby this guy isn’t a Liberal or NDP strategist, is he?

macleans.ca/news/canada/dead … the-niqab/ It’s pretty clear where the strategy came from. And it’s worked, all the racists came running!

When I became a Canadian Citizen, two Catholic nuns were also being sworn in. One was wearing a veil covering her face. Nobody cared.

What a bizarre statement.

[quote=“crazy Horse”]
And Conrad Black has endorsed Justin Trudeau. Go figure.[/quote]

Never heard of this guy for a long long time, and nobody really cares about him and what he says.

The Ford Bros. on the other hand…

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

What a bizarre statement.[/quote]

What I find bizarre is that you can’t understand/acknowledge that Harper’s tactics are racist and divisive. I’m guessing this says something about voters who approve of Harper’s campaigning strategies.

The CBC Poll Tracker puts the Liberals about 5 points ahead of the Cons.

[quote=“hitest”]

What I find bizarre is that you can’t understand/acknowledge that Harper’s tactics are racist and divisive. I’m guessing this says something about voters who approve of Harper’s campaigning strategies.[/quote]

Why is it that the self proclaimed morally superior always use the term racist as their go-to phrase when someone disagrees with them? There is nothing racist about it. Why not just accept that some people have opinions that don’t fall in line with yours?

Anyway, this is just a pissing match now. Lets end it.

Agreed.

Yay! Back at topic at hand!

Yeah, I’m still uncertain as to what the polls mean, if anything. The Liberals supposedly are 5 points up. Tomorrow is the last day of campaigning.

ANALYSIS Poll Tracker: Liberals poised for win barring Conservative surprise

[quote]After 78 days, it all comes down to tomorrow. And the polls, at least, suggest that the day will go to the Liberals, installing Justin Trudeau as Canada’s next prime minister.

​Up to and including those published by early Sunday morning, the Liberals have led in 17 consecutive polls, including surveys conducted by eight different polling firms using an array of methodologies. [/quote]

Tomorrow we will find out if polling works. The polls suggest that Trudeau will win.

Three votes for the Atlantic under the sky
Seven for Ontarians in their halls of stone
Nine for Quebecois doomed to die
One for Stephen on his dark throne
In the Land of Ottawa where the Senators lie
One vote to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Ottawa where the Senators lie

with my apologies to all…

polls are one thing it’s getting the supporters actually to get out and vote that matters, but hopefully this time the polls are right, in other words goodbye Harper and Mulcair

oooh you better hope it’s not Goodbye Mulcair!
Because your bestest buddy will be the frontrunner to replace him. And I’ll be there to back him… Muah hah hah!

oh good then Nathan really does have an excuse to support jobs in Ontario and not in his riding , and yes I have stated Nathan will make a run for the NDP leadership, and yes he will win his riding, and if you like Nathan’s non-job support for his riding why don’t you ask him to run in your riding