Another lame joke

OK, I had to do this one.  It’s actually a three parter.

A guy gets a job at one of those new Costco/Sam’s Club type stores that sells everything from paperclips to motor homes.  The boss tells him that his salary will be based on commission, so he’d better make lots of sales.

At the end of the day, the boss comes back to him and asks how many sales he made.  “Well, I only made one sale today”, was they guy’s response.

“One sale in eight  hours?  That’s it?  You’re going to starve to death if you only make one sale a day!  Let’s check the sale.”  He punches up the guy’s one sale on the computer and finds out that the value of that one sale was over 50,000 dollars.

The boss’ jaw hits the floor, and he says, “well, it seems I owe you an apology.  Look at all this fishing gear you sold.  How did you do it?”

The new salesman says “well, I started off by selling him the one fishing lure.  Then the guy told me his fishing line was really old, so I sold him some new fishing line.  Then he said that his rod was the same one that he had when he was a kid, so I sold him a brand new graphite rod with a top-of-the-line reel.  Then I told him there’s no way he was going to catch any fish just fishing from the dock, so I sold him a new boat with an inboard motor, along with a trailer to go with it.  And finally, since he only has a Dodge Neon, I told him he’d need an SUV to tow it, so I sold him a new Ford Explorer.”

The boss says “that’s amazing how you can get someone to buy an Explorer just by starting with a fishing lure.”  Then the boss’ face suddenly contorted into a look of bizarre puzzlement as he asked “but what’s with this box of tampons?  Why did you sell him those?”

The guy says “well, he originally came in here to buy them for his wife, and I told him, ‘well, your weekend’s fucked, so you might as well go fishing!’”

*** part 2 ***

Needless to say, after only a few months of sales like this, the guy is promoted to manager of the store.  He hires a new guy and teaches him the art of selling up.  They approach a man in the home and garden department who is looking at some lawn seed.  He decides to keep his tutorial simple, so he says that he’ll only sell one thing more to the customer.

“I see you’re looking at buying some lawn seed, sir.  May I interest you in a new lawnmower?  This is the latest model and it’s on sale this week.”

The guy says “well, I’m just planting my lawn.  I won’t need a new mower for a few months yet.”

“True, but you are going to need a mower eventually, and while this particular type of grass looks beautiful, it’s also hell on any lesser lawnmower.  Now, this model is 20 percent off, but only this week.  If you don’t buy now, you’re going to lose out.”

“Hmm, good point.  I’ll take the lawnmower too.”, says the guy.

"The manager looks to his new salesman and says “OK, you go ahead.  Give it a try.”

The pair then walk toward the pharmacy department where they see a woman buying a box of tampons.  The new salesman says “I see you’re buying tampons today.  Would you like to buy a lawnmower?  We have the latest model on sale this week at 20 percent off”.

The woman looks flabbergasted and says “why the HELL would I want to buy a lawnmower?”

The young salesman says “well, you’re not going to be fucking, so you might as well mow the lawn”.

*** Part 3 ***

The new salesman’s track record very quickly went from horrible to abominable.  But the manager of the store wanted to give the kid one last chance before he tossed him out on his ass.  So he put him in the pharmacy and gave him the simplest job.

“OK kid, here’s the deal.  All you have to do is ask the customer what their symptoms are, then look them up on the computer.  The computer will then tell you what medicine to sell to the customer.  That’s it.  Simple.  Now, if you screw up again, you’re history.  You got me?”

The guy says “OK.  Thanks for giving me the chance”

About 20 minutes later, the manager sees a guy buying a box of laxatives from the new salesman.  He rips the box open and takes the whole bottle in a single gulp.  As he’s walking out the door, the manager can see the guy doubled over holding his stomach as his face goes white as a sheet with panic.

The manager says “Uhmm, Joe?  Did you tell that man to take a whole bottle of laxatives?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Joe!  Even if you have the worst case of constipation in the world, you only need two at most.  Why did you tell him to take the whole bottle?”

“The guy wasn’t constipated.  He had a cough”, said Joe.

“What in God’s name did you tell him to take a box of laxatives for if he has a cough?”

“Just look at him,”  the kid replied.  “He’s so afraid of shitting his pants he’s too scared to cough now!”

An attorney arrived home late, after a very tough day trying to get a stay
of execution for a client who was due to be hanged for murder at midnight.

His last minute plea for clemency to the governor had failed and he was
feeling worn out and depressed.

As soon as he walked through the door at home, his wife started on
him, “What time of night to be getting home is this?  Where have you
been? Dinner is cold and I’m not reheating it.” And on and on and on. Too
shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he went
and poured himself a large shot of whiskey and headed off for a long hot
soak in the bathtub, pursued by the predictable sarcastic remarks of his
wife as he dragged himself up the stairs.

While he was in the bath, the phone rang. The wife answered and was
told that her husband’s client, James Wright, had been granted a stay of
execution after all.   Wright would not be hanged tonight. Finally,
realizing what a terrible day he must have had, she decided to go upstairs
and give him the good news.

As she opened the bathroom door, she was greeted by the sight of her
husband, bent over, naked, drying his legs and feet.

“They’re not hanging Wright tonight,” she said.

To which he whirled around and screamed, “FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOMAN, DON’T
YOU EVER STOP?!”

This one’s been around for a while, but I thought I’d share it anyway…

A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the
loan officer.

She says she’s going to Europe on business for two weeks and
needs to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of
security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to
a new Mercedes Benz SL 500. The car is parked on the street
in front of the bank. She has the title, and everything
checks out.

The bank agrees to accept the car collateral for the loan.
The bank’s president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh
at the blonde for using a $110,000 Benz as collateral
against a $5,000 loan.

An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Benz into
the bank’s underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the blonde returns. She repays the $5,000
and the interest, which comes to $15.41.

The loan officer says, “Miss, we are very happy to have had
your business, and this transaction has worked out very
nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we
checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire.
What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?â€

Ah … now I get it …

A husband and wife, both in their 90’ called a lawyer to their nursing home.
They tell him that they want a divorce. The lawyer is a bit puzzled as to why.
The husband said “we never did get along, but we agreed to wait until the kids were dead”!

Baby seal walks into the pub. Bartender says “What can I get ya?”  The seal says “Anything but a Canadian Club, on the rocks!!!”

Good one! :smiley:

Did you know that a woman gets sexually assaulted every 20 minuites in New York city? And boy, is she getting pissed off!

You know they’re not making toothpicks any longer?

They’re long enough already…

(You wanted LAME…)

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but the light bulb must really want to change.

If you are Russian, attacking Turkey from the rear, will Greece help?

A few years ago, a multimillionaire was desperately looking for someone to hire his idiot daughter.  Since he was a major shareholder in the Tyco toy company–which manufactured the Tickle-Me-Elmo doll–he managed to bully the owner of one of the factories to give his daughter a job. The Personnel Manager explained her duties and told her to report to work promptly at 8.00am.

The next day at 8.45am there was a knock at the Personnel Manager’s door. The assembly line foreman came in and started ranting about this new employee. He said she was incredibly slow, dumber than a box of hair, and the whole line was backing up. The foreman took the Personnel Manager down to the factory floor to show him the problem.

Sure enough, Elmos were backed up all over the place. At the end of the line was the new employee. She had a roll of material used for the Elmos and a big bag of marbles. They both watched as she cut a little piece of fabric, wrapped it around two marbles and started sewing the little package between Elmo’s legs.

The Personnel Manager starte laughing hysterically. After several minutes he pulled himself together, walked over to the woman and said "I am sorry, I guess you misunderstood me yesterday.  I said, your job is to give Elmo two test tickles!

I like it thanks for the post.

Like every good Irishman, Paddy had spent the afternoon in his local pub. His way home took him past a river. As he was wobbling along,
he saw an Evangelistic Preacher standing in the water up to his waist. Paddy stopped to look, and the preacher called to him, “Do you want to find
Jesus?â€

What did the girl bullet say to the boy bullet?..
We’re going to have a bb.

Chilly Willy the penguin was driving in his little car on the way to see his friend Sammy the Seal at the local aquarium.  About a mile away from the aquarium, his car broke down, so he took it to a garage to have it fixed.

The mechanic told Willy that it would take at least a couple of hours to get a good look at the car and figure out what was wrong.  So since he was only about a mile away from the aquarium, he decided to get some exercise and walk there.  That way, he could visit with Sammy while the mechanic worked on his car.

He had a great time talking to Sammy the Seal, but after an hour or so he realized it was time for him to leave, so he headed back to the garage to get his car.  It was a particularly hot day, and on his way back from the aquarium he was starting to get dizzy from the heat.  Luckily for him, he spied a Dairy Queen about a block away from the garage, and so he went in and ordered himself the biggest ice cream sundae they had on the menu.  He was so hot that he just plowed his face into the ice cream and started eating.

After he finished, he hurried out without even wiping his face, and waddled into the garage.  The mechanic looked up at him from under the hood of Willy’s car and said “well, it looks like you blew a seal!”

Willy looked back at the mechanic and said, “oh no!  That’s just ice cream.  Now what’s wrong with my car?”

A piece of string is walking down the street looking for a place to drink so it goes into the first bar it sees.  It sits at the bar and sayd “I’d like a beer please.”.  The bartender loks looks at it and asks, “Are you a piece of string?”.  It says, “Yes”.  Bartender says, “We don’t serve string here.”.

The piece of string is puzzled by this but it leaves anyhow.  Walks down the street a little further into another bar and the same thing happens with same result.  Now the string is a little upset. 

It leaves that bar and walks across the street to yet another bar, but this time before going in, the string twists itself up and ruffles up its ends.  The string walks in and says “I’d like a beer please.”.  Bartender looks at him and asks “Are you a piece of string?”.  The string replies “No, I’m a freyed knot.”.

On a air Canada Flight from St john Newfoundland to Toronto a good lookin blonde gets up right after take off and sits in executive class.
The flight attendant perturbed politely asks the blonde to return to her economy seat and blonde rambles " Im blond Im beautiful and Im going to Toronto!"
The flight attendant explains to her that she didnt buy an executive class ticket and must return to her seat, the blonde rambles “Im blond Im beautiful and Im going to Toronto!”

Well now the flight attendant is pissed and is getting more and more frustrated she goes to the flight deck and explains to the Captain the whole situation and makes mention to the Captain that police should be notified and awaiting the arrival of the aircraft.

The captain says " a blonde?  hmmm I’m married to one …lets see if I can reason with her …so the Captain gos to the blond in executive class and whispers in her ear.  The blonde quickly gets up and returns to her economy seat.

The entire flight crew is perplexed and wants to know what the Captain whispered.  The Captain obliged and let the crew know what he told her…" I told her executive class isnt going to Toronto!

A teacher gave her class of 11 year olds an assignment: to get their parent
to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.

The next day the kids came back and one by one began to tell their stories.

Ashley said, “My father’s a farmer and we have a lot of egg-laying hens.
One time we were taking our eggs to market in a basket on the front seat of
the car when we hit a big bump in the road and all the eggs got broken.â€

Bob and the Blonde

Bob, a handsome dude, walked into a sports bar around 9:58 pm.  He sat
down next to a blonde at the bar and stared up at the TV.

The 10 pm news was coming on.  The news crew was covering the story of
a man on the ledge of a large building preparing to jump.

The blonde looked at Bob and said, “Do you think he’ll jump?”

Bob said, “You know, I bet he’ll jump.”

The blonde replied, “Well, I bet he won’t.”

Bob placed a $20 bill on the bar and said, “You’re on!”

Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar, the guy on the ledge
did a swan dive off the building, falling to his death.

The blonde was very upset, but willingly handed her $20 to Bob,
saying, “Fair’s fair.  Here’s your money.”

Bob replied, “I can’t take your money.  I saw this earlier on the 5
pm news, and so I knew he would jump.”

The blonde replied, “I did too, but didn’t think he’d do it again.”

Bob took the money…