And yet another store closes

In the early 90’s when I moved to Rupert I was a copier and fax tech - and Mike (the owner of Creative Systems) was a manager at the Fisherman’s Co-Op - he treated me so badly when I would go there to work on their copier and fax that I never forgot (memory like an elephant).  Lo and behold I eventually progress in my career to a point where I control the spending of a very large budget for computers and related equipment.  Meanwhile Mike sets up Creative Systems.  The total dollars I spent at Creative Systems - zero.  The value of treating people with civility and respect - priceless - because you never know what the future will bring.

A friend of mine back in about 2001 bought an in shop made computer from Mike what a horror show that computer was. It got to the point where Mike just said “oh I can make you a deal on another one”  Like hell my friend would deal with him again.  He went Data Boy and has always been happy with the service there.  Mike treating some many people so bad, I had no idea he was this bad.  I know to me as a customer back in 2000 my knowledge of computers was limited when I bought my first one (not from him) he made me feel stupid and after what he did to my friend, I never set foot back in his shop. I hope the port brings with it some more retail owners who care about their clients.
With Data Boy and Kaien you feel like they care and that means a lot.  Who wants to give their hard earned cash to people who just want to rip them off and laugh at them when they are just learning about a product.  Again I am glad Creative is closing!! 

haha I love watching karma kick the shit outta someone like that, you dont get what you want , you get what you deserve. God knows I have had my friggin share of lessons, the trick is to see the bad shit that happens to you as just that, learn the lesson, be glad you had the opportunity  to learn it not everyone does, look at our subject and the misery he brings to himself, and yet he never seems to learn which is weird because he is not a stupid guy, he is actually very intelligent.

Yes autumn Amber & Janie worked really hard, so did Alistair and i, however i could not take the abuse and Jim said you know your stupid for staying there, i remember the day i walked out of there in tears and walked straight up to the RCMP office, i still to this day have the full report.

It is sad to see him close he did bring in good product, just to much mark up. He always got mad at me for buying from NCIX WELL  could ya blame me.

Any ways im happy i got out before i did something i would have regretted.

I would love to see a scan of that document, email it to me. When i was working there i was also working at the mill on a four on four off shift, had just separated from my wife so was just looking for something to fill my four days off with, I didnt need the pay from creative to live so I had the option of just walking. The prices were more than just high, they were borderline fraud considering the wholesale price and the volume we sold, not to mention me, you and al were busy all day every day making ten bucks an hour as he charged sixty, thats fifty bucks per hour profit per tech eight hours a day with three techs, do the math. Then add all the grossly overpriced hardware we put into all those boxes every day during the repairs, that place was a fucking goldmine for him for a long time, he could have easily treated us a bit better considering how good he had it, his original partner John was a real great guy, had it been just him running it I would probably still be working for him, he also had to get the fuck away from mike who was driving him nuts, he came out to the mill and worked as an electrician to get away from him.

ahem, i don’t think you could have said it any better :smile: I think it is now his turn, I was told he is doing Photo Copier work out of his house,  LMAO him fix any thing LOVE to see him take down a MFP and do what me and al or any of his tech’s did, for that note, id personally                       
love to see him take apart a laptop. :smile:

OMG Mike is sounding like a monster.  I knew he was bad, but had no idea he was this bad.
Oh the cost of stuff even to an average consumer often seemed very high.
I am glad karma is at work and I hope he takes his money that he ripped off so many people and just leaves town…  today’s consumer won’t be ripped off like this Mike so long
thank you to all who are sharing your views!

I’m glad Mike is closing down his Creative Systems, but surely I’ll never forget these quotes of that clef-lipped asshole:

“We are very technical people”

“Which fan are you talking about; I don’t understand you” - A cheap expansion slot fan, not those big ass pricey ones. I know you want my Hennessey allowance.

“What do you mean your mini-tower don’t have a space for a chassis fan” - Because it doesn’t, it got vent holes.

“I’ll solder the fan to the chassis for you, we are professional on it” - lol sorry, I know you want my Hennessey allowance.

lol asshole. That was a few years back BTW.

And yes I’ve seen his horrible treatment of his customers and his employees; more like a master and slaves relationship.

Man, he certainly qualifies to be Prince Rupert’s Winnebago Man.

Winnebago Man?  Care to elaborate?

Winnebago Man