Allegiance

So does everyone become a flames fan now? Since they’re the next closest Canadian team?

I would rather stare at a blank computer screen for a few hours than watch Calgary play.

Go ahead, skew my poll for Fort St James (home of Flames asst coach Jim Playfair). I left off NJ and Colorado i hate them even more than Calgary

tinyurl.com/29ema

Flames deserve support from Canucks fans. The games were clean and fast. It could have gone the other way. There were no players that people should hate ( think Jackman last year). They are a Western Canadian team.
Habs and Sens have to be in the mix too. The Habs because of the exciting way they came back from a 3-1 deficit and the Sens because they have to get rid of Toronto so that the commentators and Don Cherry can shut up about this whining team that thinks it is Canada’s team.

Go non-leafs Canadian Teams!

clean and fast? triple OT doesnt come accross as fast to me

When the words clean and fast are applied to hockey, they mean that the play was clean ( robust but clean) and the pace was fast.

Where in Rupert can I buy a big Leafs flag?

you can probably get them free at the landfill

Why do you say that? It’s just a bunch of guys on ice with sticks. Different uniforms, but otherwise the same thing.

Print Smartass’ avatar and transfer it onto an old dishtowel.

I’m sensing hostility towards our national team…

Our National team?? I’d rather cheer for the Habs eventhough I hate them too.

[quote=“hoshq”]
I’m sensing hostility towards our national team…[/quote]

Typical Ontario BS. Can’t stop staring at their own navels.

Oh man, I like the Habs style of play, but really, c’mon, I fean… Quebec. French Canada. Ich.

[quote=“Me, right now”]Tuesday, April 20, 2004. 1:49pm

Tampa Bay is going to destroy Montreal.[/quote]

You heard it here first.

[quote=“Eso”]

[quote=“Me, right now”]Tuesday, April 20, 2004. 1:49pm

Tampa Bay is going to destroy[/quote]

Montreal.

You heard it here first.[/quote]

But I knew that already :smile:

You hate them? Why? Don’t you think that’s a bit childish?

I guess you have to be childish to be a true hockey fan, to “love” one team and hate all the rest. I mean, this is manufactured patriotism we’re talking about, it isn’t real. It’s almost exactly the same driving distance between here and Calgary and Edmonton as it is to Vancouver, but everyone here loves Vanvouver because they’ve been successfully marketed as the BC team.

they needed marketing to become the bc team?

[quote=“hoshq”]

You hate them? Why? Don’t you think that’s a bit childish?

I guess you have to be childish to be a true hockey fan, to “love” one team and hate all the rest. I mean, this is manufactured patriotism we’re talking about, it isn’t real. It’s almost exactly the same driving distance between here and Calgary and Edmonton as it is to Vancouver, but everyone here loves Vanvouver because they’ve been successfully marketed as the BC team.[/quote]

Hoshq, you sure are a cynical bastard. People like to cheer for the home team, it makes the games more exciting to watch when you’re emotionally invested. Tell me, how does driving distance figure into that? Well, if you want to sit on the sidelines feeling smug, that’s your choice.

The home team? Vancouver: 1422km; Edmonton: 1431km; Calgary: 1441km.

I just wanted to have a serious discussion about allegience, and why some people feel the need to attach themselves to one team over another, and then switch to another team when their team loses. Because I bet the vast majority of Canucks fans in this town are still going to watch the rest of the playoffs, and that they’re going to be cheering for someone.