Allegiance

This subject is only to let the twits come out and argue about an overpaid sport. I can not wait until hockey is over!

Your wish might be granted for next year. I am not too familiar with the NHL, but apparently there might be a lockout this coming season. ?? What’s up with that??
( If this is true, I’m excited that I won’t have to compete with hockey for my boyfriend’s attention!!)

Yes there will possibly be a lockout regarding the Collective Barganing Agreement (the CBA.) The owners of the teams want a Salary Cap, while the players want nothing to do with one. It’s the owners fault why the salaries are so high in the first place, and I think with a cap, the entire league is going to go downhill, and owners will forget the players and just trade one contract for another, which is completely stupid.

As for allegiance, I’ll never cheer on another team as much as I do the Canucks. It doesn’t matter when the Canucks leave the playoffs, I still wear my t-shirts, jerseys, and keep the stickers on my car. Unlike other people, I don’t switch and cheer for another team once the Canucks leave the playoffs. Sure, I’ll have my hopefulls of who I want to go on, but after the Canucks are out, I don’t really give a damn anymore.

As for people cheering on the Canucks, instead of the Flames or Oilers, who are just as far away… that’s driving distance, and you must remember most people get out of this town by plane. It’s much easier for someone to go catch a game in Vancouver, when they have to go there for medical, or to visit someone, then to have to go to Alberta, just for a special trip to see some hockey. Vancouver is the much more logical place to go.

Most of us have been Canucks and hockey fans our entire life. Blame our parents for buying us the Canucks stuff and not the Flames. I had Gretzky stuff when I was little, but that was just an allegiance to Gretzky, because he was the man.