Alberta Is Infact BOOMING

It all started on MSN… a former classmate of mine from Rupert msg’d me after noticing I had quit my job after I publicly announced it on MSN.
We both took the welding program in Prince Rupert and since the day we completed our course, had often dreamt about leaving BC to the promised land of Alberta.
Well it was a Monday night and we both promised eachother that we were going to take the plunge and leave poor old Northern BC ASAP. We left two night later and never looked back.
Our drive consisted of beautiful mountain scenery in BC, then the flat lands of Alberta that have help wanted signs in every second business’s window. No I am not joking, this place is booming.
We arrived in Brooks Alberta last night. (And no we did not come here for the infamous stinky meat plant.)
We started work this morning at a fab shop. They are so desperate for welders that they are giving us 12 hour shifts, five days a week. Needless to say we are loving it, despite not having mountains and the ocean nearby.
So if you are seeking employment, come to Alberta people.

Now if only there was province that combined BC’s beauty with Alberta’s economy.

Marge, Alberta is a hellhole. And you know how I feel about hellholes.

[quote=“Tootz”]It all started on MSN… a former classmate of mine from Rupert msg’d me after noticing I had quit my job after I publicly announced it on MSN.
We both took the welding program in Prince Rupert and since the day we completed our course, had often dreamt about leaving BC to the promised land of Alberta.
Well it was a Monday night and we both promised eachother that we were going to take the plunge and leave poor old Northern BC ASAP. We left two night later and never looked back.
Our drive consisted of beautiful mountain scenery in BC, then the flat lands of Alberta that have help wanted signs in every second business’s window. No I am not joking, this place is booming.
We arrived in Brooks Alberta last night. (And no we did not come here for the infamous stinky meat plant.)
We started work this morning at a fab shop. They are so desperate for welders that they are giving us 12 hour shifts, five days a week. Needless to say we are loving it, despite not having mountains and the ocean nearby.
So if you are seeking employment, come to Alberta people.[/quote]

Are they looking for any fresh pilots up there? :smiley:

have fun suckaas

I think Fresh anything would be grand.

network engineers? :smiley:

I build bridges in Alberta, as opposed to burning them…

I thought the title of this forum was “Alberta is infant BOOMING”

Alberta is booming for blue collar workers but not for other work. What if you cant pick up a )()((welder!!!

Then you hand the )()((welding rods to the welder… You’re a Welder’s Helper!

I never took any shop classes in high school, nor did I have an overly technical upbringing (unless you count the nerdier trades) but now I wear blue coveralls at work everyday!

I guess alberta is booming if you like to weld stuff and sweep floors and you dont mind living in minus 40 degrees in an Atco trailer. get real, is all u want in this world is to make $$$? Get some brains.

I would like to make more than the 11 dollars an hour they wish to pay me here yes. I believe i am worth much more than that so I will move to somewhere that pays me what im worth.

yah but $$ really doesn’t buy happiness… sorry about the cliche but its true. alberta is pretty redneck still and not so nice.

I was just in Edmonton last week and there were Help Wanted signs EVERYWHERE! They were in stores, shops, industrial areas, hotels, offices… pretty much everywhere you looked someone was looking for workers. Whether they be minimum wage jobs or higher… at least there are places that need workers, unlike some places that just get rid of workers and downsize.

ppl there are more relaxed about work tho too, everyone is always hiring cause if someone sucks you fire em and move on. They’ll find another job in a little bit anyway.

well, increasing debt sure as hell buys depression. I’m worth more than what people here are willing to pay me, so if I don’t get what I’m worth, I’m not happy. It’s not all about money, but if you want me to work for ya you better provide a good environment.

The positive energy coming from you is intoxicating

Alberta has been booming for years. I worked in the oilfields in the mid-90’s and made alot of money. LOts of jobs. People are working, weather is great. Everyone is happy out there and I can actually start to see Rupert becoming like that. The weather here has been great, lots of jobs to look forward to and you can start to tell in peoples moods that things are going well.

Good weather is a HUGE part in happiness at work.

That is pretty much the biggest reason why I don’t want to return to Rupert to work. Rain is fine, so long as you’re not working in it…