Alberta Is Infact BOOMING

So how’s it going in Alberta Tootz? Still workin’ non-stop? Are you there just for the money? Do you work lots of overtime? What kind of worksite? What are they looking for, etc?

hey… didn’t you hear me? Alberta is red-neck-ville… why would you want to be a part of a place that so brashly idolizes the values of indivualism over the collective? Its that kind of thinking that is wrecking the environment and is responsible for so much of our depression and angst these days. There is more to life and materialism. Go check out the genuine progress index online and grow your awareness.

I say that there is more to life than being such close minded, rude and pre-judicial. Hey you don’t have to go to Alberta to find rednecks…just go to Smithers for the weekend.

Alberta has alot of great qualities and with rednecks come cowgirls.

You can find rednecks in Port Ed… hey, even in on the west side of Rupert!

Watch what you says about the West Rupert Massive, batty boy.

Boyakasha!

whats wrong with you people?

I am to the understanding you are very ignorant to believe that tradespeople do not have brains.
I firmly believe if you are doing something you love and get paid for it, it isn’t actually work.
(That’s too bad your little mind thinks that tradespeople in Alberta have to sweep floors and live in Atco trailers, man do u ever have it all wrong!)

[quote]
get real, is all u want in this world is to make $$$?[/quote]

No I want to dwell on my parents to support me all my life you twit. Of course everyone wants to make money, without money we go hungry!

What about awareness of the spirit, heh?

So tootz, it is still going well? It was everything you were expecting? I also have a job offer in Alberta, but I’m hesitant.

Give us more info! Do small towns have high-speed internet cheap?

Alberta IS booming… :laughing: i applied for a job over the internet and 15! min later received an email asking me for a phone interview. when i apply for jobs in BC I dont receive any contact whatsoever

Well if you are a stong willed male with friends and/or family in the area, go for it.
Personally… as sad as this sounds… I only lasted a week due to being homesick, trusting only one person in that town, and not feeling safe. ( due to the major drug use, transients working at the slaughter house, etc) And not to mention flat land tends to be depressing after a little while.
People are fairly friendly in Alberta, especially the smaller towns. Everyone is fairly positive compared to Northern BC because of the stable economy.
The cost of living is pretty much the same as here. Except no PST, which does save you quite a bit of cash. Oh and beer is very cheap.