Air jazz/express to close 3 bases

Ditto !!!

[quote=“mcsash”]unfortuntately this isn’t a cause of a democratic decision…
there will be no vote…it will be in the hands of an arbitraitor.
much cheaper to fly outta of terrace …terrace doesn’t have a million dollar a year tax payer funded ferry…
lets see how this falls into place.[/quote]

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

Flying out of Digby Island at the best of times is a MASSIVE inconvenience.[/quote]

Many excellent points being raised in this tread…

West Jet has no firm commitment to service Rupert ever… I would hate to see Air Canada Jazz pull out due to the fact they are connected to such a vast network of world wide services.
I appreciate the fact that Hawk does serve us, however connections and through fares to other places do not exist. Hawk Air Left alone to service Rupert would be a hardship to the traveling public. I am leery of having just West Jet and Hawk Air servicing us, I think the problems that exist today would be exactly the same… West Jet’s network with it’s code shares is large,and I would like to see both West Jet and Air Canada service us and have the type of competition that exists in Prince George. I don’t believe that we will be able to sustain 3 Airlines,thus AC is talking leaving, but as much as I like them I would prefer to see Hawk Air depart and have both of the larger companies serving us. West Jet has no firm plans to come here so AC’s departure could be rumor… Two strong networks with competitive fares to world wide destinations would be nice. The current ground crew here for AC Jazz is wonderful and I would hate to loose the wonderful team! AC jazz/express does have Q400 Dash Service in other areas, if West Jet Encore did come here I am sure AC would upgrade our service to Q 400 Dash Service, I find that equipment much quieter and faster… at one time AC talked about having CRJ Jet Service out here that never happened but with West Jet as competition that may happen one day… Again how much service can Rupert sustain, we cannot even sustain 2 Grey Hound Buses per day anymore…low numbers and the hassle and extreme expenses of the ferry make Rupert unattractive to companies as well

If you think about it, that’s pretty much a drop in the bucket for an initial charter flight. Will be beneficial to Adventure Tour, but it’s spare changes for the airport.

YPR needs another regular sched flight if they wish to exist another 10 years, and it doesn’t have to be a single destination to Vancouver. Northwestern Air Lease is still sniffing for new routes btw.