Air jazz/express to close 3 bases

Certainly just as “quiet” as the '37. lol Apparently those noise-cancelling mics and the upgraded six-bladed props suppose to help dampen the noise and vibration.

Oh well, at least them planes are still made in Toronto.

westjet is supposed to announce their first few new routes for Westjet encore tomorrow

Ft. St. John, Nanaimo and Victoria for BC

[quote=“Kispiox”]

Ft. St. John, Nanaimo and Victoria for BC[/quote]

Yep, just checked their site so good news for the folks in Ft. St. John, daily flights to Calgary and Van. Let’s hope we don’t lose Jazz now, left with only Hawkair ! No offence Hawk, do like your service !

I can’t see Air Canada pulling out, especially if the economic forecasts for Prince Rupert are accurate…

hawkair would be laughing if Jazz left Rupert, they are code sharing with Westjet, and their loads in Rupert would double

I prefer hawkair to air Canada for the Rupert to Vancouver route. Been to Vancouver with my wife 5 times in the last 12 months. And once we flew air Canada. I have to say the service is far better on hawkair. The flight Attandent actually cared about the passengers and they have meal service. On air Canada they just tossed us all a bag of pretzels.

I have to agree with you regarding the Hawkair service, much superior to Jazz but I guess some of us kind of like the Air Miles bonus, although they are increasingly more difficult to collect here. Gotta love those pretzels though “OMEGA” !

I don’t think it’s a true code share. More like a partnership or something. You can’t get a Westjet ticket from Rupert to Toronto, can you? It’s still two different tickets, but you get a discount.

There is no doubt that Hawkair is BY FAR more superior to Air Canada Express in regards to service and level of care…but the no airmiles or aeroplan redemption is a complete deal breaker for my family.

If we lose Air Canada in PR and there is no Westjet coming in…things just got a INCREDIBLY bleak in regards to being able to travel in and out…people with Aeroplan or AirMiles will have to book all their flights out of Terrace…which would be a MASSIVE inconvenience.

Flying out of Digby Island at the best of times is a MASSIVE inconvenience.

Driving to YXT during winter IS a massive inconvenience.

FYI

westjet.com/guest/en/about/a … #codeshare

hawkair does list Westjet as their partner so I would assume that means code share even though westjet doesn’t show it on their site

hawkair.ca/our-partners

Why would you assume when Hawkair didn’t even mention “code-share” or “interline” on their list of partners?

ahhhh the dash 8 aka the flying rabbit.

I miss the golden years when flight between Rupert and Vancouver was on a Boing 737, when you got to YVR they connected a jetway, none of this walking along the tarmac and then up the long switchback ramp nonsense

thenorthernview.com/news/191 … obile=true

Only 2 flights for 2013…

Ok.

[quote=“PLA”]Only 2 flights for 2013…

Ok.[/quote]

What would be the acceptable amount of flights, by your standards, for a first year venture?